• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi guys, I'm a pirate with a hacked 360, and I bought an unauthorized 360 dev kit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Aokage said:
Clearly OP is super shady, but how is playing region-locked games damning? I play both Japan and US region games with the same GamerTag all the time, using two consoles.

Yeah and how about playing unreleased games like Sonic 4, neogeo battle colliseum, raystorm hd, metal slug xx, etc... on his main gamertag as well ?

duckroll

Even if someone has an Xbox360 hacked to be region free, as long as the games are legit, it is not piracy and it is not illegal. MS can ban the gamertag from XBL for using a hacked console if they catch it, but that doesn't make it illegal, just something they do not want on their service.

What IS illegal and unacceptable is the OP admitting that he is not a developer, and hence has no legit access to PartnerNet and yet has several unreleased games on his gamertag. That's not just wrong, that's just flat out dumb. :lol

Gravijah

Tek said:
LOL, no...do not unleash the ban hammer hounds. I know him from a job we used to have together. I haven't seen him personally for a few years.

My xbox is 100% legit and my gamertag: Tekezy has all of its achievements earned honestly.

I did think...oh no...I prob going to get thrown in the same boat just because I said I knew him.

I'm just teasin'. OR AM I?

shidoshi said:
Read what he wrote: two consoles (one US, one Japanese), one gamertag. Having games from multiple regions on the same gamertag alone means nothing.
I am officially too tired to read now, best to not reply any more :lol

operon

thread_backfire.jpg

panda21

i love the arc of indignant 'i need it for my homebrew developments', through pics of what clearly is not a dev 360, illicit sonic 4 usage and finally that link whoring his own shitty blog article about sonic 4.

that and the fact that in retrospect there clearly was no partnernet issue at all and the guy just sold him a busted 360 with some dev thing flashed on it for $750 and told him that it was MS that coincidentally broke it about 10 minutes after he got it. :lol

epic, epic douchetoolbaggery.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
distantmantra said:
The PS3 version has an English audio option, not sure about the 360 version.

Well, it doesn't help me anyway. :(

Aokage said:
Clearly OP is super shady, but how is playing region-locked games damning? I play both Japan and US region games with the same GamerTag all the time, using two consoles.

He's playing Sonic 4, a game that isn't out yet, on that Gamertag. Plus, he has betas (that are YEARS old) for 360 dashboards on the same gamercard/achievement list.

That's pretty damning about "not having two region 360s" for region locked games.

metal slug xx

OSHIT. If that's coming the 360/XBLA, what is the point of buying the PSP version now? (Esp given my past experince with MSA on PSP)

Chrange

Banned
duckroll said:
Even if someone has an Xbox360 hacked to be region free, as long as the games are legit, it is not piracy and it is not illegal. MS can ban the gamertag from XBL for using a hacked console if they catch it, but that doesn't make it illegal, just something they do not want on their service.

What IS illegal and unacceptable is the OP admitting that he is not a developer, and hence has no legit access to PartnerNet and yet has several unreleased games on his gamertag. That's not just wrong, that's just flat out dumb. :lol

But he's a member of the launch team!

According to his Achievement list... :lol

0ICLiGJhbC9GFQUXXCFRGEU2L2FjaC8wLzIAAAAA5+fn-1SfDA==.jpg

itxaka

Defeatist
wtf?

He just had a jtagged xbox and modified his profile because if not how could you explain this:
12dsb2JhbC9ECnZ+aXUfWSkiL2ljb24vMC84MDAwAAAAAAAAAPhuNOs=.jpg
0Gdsb2JhbC9ECgUAG3IfWSpVL2ljb24vMC84MDAwAAAAAAAAAP8arwg=.jpg

You gotta be kidding me. He modified his profile, added those special achievements that only the xbox team is supposed to have, played an unreleased game and went online expecting his xbox to be allrigth?

:lol

EDIT: WTF METAL SLUG XX FOR 360? Fuck yes!

Why do people try to do things with their console that were unintended by the manufacturer? Seems like an awful lot of despair and personal anguish could be avoided just by using the machine for what it was made for instead of... whatever the motivation is to buy anything other than a retail unit.

mollipen

duckroll said:

Access to PartnerNet is not just for develoeprs. Microsoft gives test 360s to certain press outlets, and those 360s have access to PartnerNet.

Not saying anything about this particular fellow, just saying that your statement isn't correct in that regard.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
fernoca said:
Awesome..
Reading the blog, though...is like reading GAF..same articles and everything, at least the "gaming news"..

Hopefully he makes a blog post about how Microsoft is bricking dev kits going on Partnernet

Vamphuntr

Holy hell either he is a hardcore gamer and a pirate or a very rich pirate. His GT has like 245 games on it. Probably hacked hard. How in the world can you have partnernet content linked on you xbox live GT.

Some people will never learn. Creating a thread about MS killing their illegal dev kit.

Gravijah

Vamphuntr said:
Holy hell either he is a hardcore gamer and a pirate or a very rich pirate. His GT has like 245 games on it. Probably hacked hard. How in the world can you have partnernet content linked on you xbox live GT.

Some people will never learn. Creating a thread about MS killing their illegal dev kit.

I wouldn't say having a shitload of games on his GT makes him a pirate, since this is NeoGAF. But he probably is.

Rich!

HAL_Laboratory said:
Why do people try to do things with their console that were unintended by the manufacturer? Seems like an awful lot of despair and personal anguish could be avoided just by using the machine for what it was made for

Homebrew on my Wii enabling me to play games region free proves otherwise.

Bisonian

panda21 said:
man i can't wait to get home and play raystorm HD and neogeo coliseum. cos those games must be out now right?

i guess if not i could always buy a sweet ass 100% legit dev-kit like this one:
http://www.game-tuts.com/community/showthread.php/17161-Selling-Dev-Kit-(with-hdmi)

would totally be worth the money.

incidentally is that thing real ^^^^ cos in the photos the guy has comparing the 'dev' ('demo'?) to his retail 360, the only difference is a small piece of that plastic film stuff still over one button on the front. apart from that they are exactly the same :lol not sure what he was trying to prove there :lol

Post #55 in that thread is a beaut... he's not exactly a subtle chap is he?

Barrett2

Amazing thread.

This is like someone murdering their wife, then calling the cops but forgetting to remove the bloody knife from his back pocket. I mean, Christ, at least hide your incriminating gamertag. :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Bisonian said:
Post #55 in that thread is a beaut... he's not exactly a subtle chap is he?

omg so he did buy it from that forum :lol

I was just linking to a random forum/thread in the first page of this thread using Google. I didnt post the same thread but it came from that forum...ahahah

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Vamphuntr said:
How in the world can you have partnernet content linked on you xbox live GT.

That's the thing I'm wondering. Aren't the services supposed to be separate? If there is achievements for "Parternet" games on retail "X-box Live" they aren't as separated as they appear to be...

How the fuck can anyone be this retarded? I mean rule 1 of fishy business is to hide the smell and not tell people that you stink.

I am lost for words to describe this retard, this is up there with that WoW hotkey fail. You know the 1, some paladin reported a hotkey bug that ALT+F4 crashed the game but ALT+F1-F3 worked fine :lol

Fun thing is Microsoft has the power to rape this kid's ass. He went ONLINE with this and even advertised a website he runs or is apart of. I doubt this tit has the lone braincell required to mask his IP to prevent his chocolate starfish injected with hotdog flavoured water.

Common Microsoft, the hunt begins.

panda21

TheSeks said:
That's the thing I'm wondering. Aren't the services supposed to be separate? If there is achievements for "Parternet" games on retail "X-box Live" they aren't as separated as they appear to be...

yeah that doesnt make much sense.

can you just pirate xbla games onto a modded 360 or something? maybe he did that before he even got the 'dev' machine?!

itxaka

Defeatist
panda21 said:
yeah that doesnt make much sense.

can you just pirate xbla games onto a modded 360 or something? maybe he did that before he even got the 'dev' machine?!

Yep you can. j-tagged consoles can do a lot more than firmware modded consoles, like launch unsigned xex and be region-free.

He didn't have a dev console, he had a jtagged console, he downloaded and played Sonic 4 and modified his profile and the idiot even went online :lol

At least that is what I think, because as people says parternet is separated from Xbox live, so his profile shouldn't show parternet games thus he never connected to parternet.

What an idiot, if he really payed 750$ he deserved the scam :lol :lol :lol

duckroll said:
Just wondering, but how would this get him banned? Funny tho :lol.

Baki

itxaka said:
Yep you can. j-tagged consoles can do a lot more than firmware modded consoles, like launch unsigned xex and be region-free.

He didn't have a dev console, he had a jtagged console, he downloaded and played Sonic 4 and modified his profile and the idiot even went online :lol

At least that is what I think, because as people says parternet is separated from Xbox live, so his profile shouldn't show parternet games thus he never connected to parternet.

What an idiot, if he really payed 750$ he deserved the scam :lol :lol :lol

What is a j-tagged console?

I just want to know what he thought he was going to accomplish by posting a
thread like this. Is it to get us all upset at Microsoft?

Cuz that happened for many people a long time ago. :lol

And for the record. Bravo for posting this on NeoGAF.
I think this needs to be nominated for some type of Darwin NeoGAF award....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom