• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hidetaka Miyazaki (FROM/Dark Souls) planning to launch "several new projects."

doofy102

He needs to find a way to make a game set in the ocean. You don't even need to push the boundaries of reality to get Souls-like designs.

convo

Putting souls framework into more expansive environments like in armored core would be really exciting.
I do hope when those games use sci-fi energy sources instead of souls, i at least want people to call the currency by its new name. I mean for fucks' sake people why is it so hard to call something by another word like blood in bloodborne?
It's not sudoku you don't have to remember numbers but words. Like people are unable to form a different string of letters together with their mouths. But i guess supreme laziness will triumph again.

Please no Berserk. No interest in that fiction, just let them create their own new world.

xSjHl8L.gif

Souls will continue, no worries there. I'm interested to see what else is up their sleeve now. As obsessed as I am by Souls, I don't want them to get stuck with that and just be a one trick pony going forward.

Putting souls framework into more expansive environments like in armored core would be really exciting.
I do hope when those games use sci-fi energy sources instead of souls, i at least want people to call the currency by its new name. I mean for fucks' sake people why is it so hard to call something by another word like blood in bloodborne?
It's not sudoku you don't have to remember numbers but words. Like people are unable to form a different string of letters together with their mouths. But i guess supreme laziness will triumph again.

Welp: Misread. My bad.

convo

Please no Berserk. No interest in that fiction, just let them create their own new world.

As if anyone could give a shit what they will base their games on.If it's of the same quality as their previous games they could just make their version of dynasty warriors and i would still be powering up for the game.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
All this gloriousness simply because Miyazaki was dumped onto a doomed project (Demon's Souls) and made it fucking sing.

When you get the talent into the right places, man and then don't get in its way: universes of cool shit are born.

Shengar

Most people in the OT now called it echoes.
I think it just a habit and habit hard to die.

I'm sure people saying Berserk want to see Miyazaki's interpretation of the world than an adaptation. I don't like Fantasy that much but I love Miyazaki's interpretation of it, would definitely play a game set in Berserk-verse if he makes one.

AlucardGV

Banned
from the creator of masterpieces like demon's souls, dark souls and bloodborne we present "Schoolgirl life simulator"

Shengar

All this gloriousness simply because Miyazaki was dumped onto a doomed project (Demon's Souls) and made it fucking sing.

When you get the talent into the right places, man and then don't get in its way: universes of cool shit are born.
And if Miyazaki don't have the balls to bail out from secure job to pursue his creative dream, we wouldn't get any of this either.

convo

From software is really pumping irons with their output, it's non-stop and consistent like many companies in the ps2 era. Have there been any official statements about the budgets of the souls games? They are implied to be very low.

Megauap

Souls games aren't my favourite but a sci-fi souls may change that.
I hope he makes a science fiction souls game!

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Bloodborne is already science fiction in its own way.

This is like a foot in the door to full on scifi already.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Is Miyazaki defining DS3 as the first portion of the change, or the final norm before the change? I'll play DS3 regardless but if it's going to have some serious turning point differences from the other souls games I'll be even more interested

Okay, don't let it get to your head.

Dude has a talent and he knows it. Nothing wrong with acknowledging it. Being falsely humble is worse I think.

JimPanzer

Souls Calibur.

I'd also love to see a Hunting Game ala Monster Hunter from them. Just imagine the possibilities with the combat system and the creature/weapon/armor designs..hrrrr

Top Bottom