• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hidetaka Miyazaki (FROM/Dark Souls) planning to launch "several new projects."

GorillaJu

I don't understand the cries for a Berserk game. He's made three Berserk games already.

I'd like him to try something completely new - keep the Miyazaki touch, just branch off a little into fresh territory.

If there was a Souls game a year for the rest of my life I'd die a happy man, but I'd love to see what Miyazaki can do with a different gameplan.

Raide

I love the Souls series but it needs some time off. Doing something fresh with Otogi would be great, as would something fresh with Armoured Core.

I don't understand the cries for a Berserk game. He's made three Berserk games already.

I'd like him to try something completely new - keep the Miyazaki touch, just branch off a little into fresh territory.

If there was a Souls game a year for the rest of my life I'd die a happy man, but I'd love to see what Miyazaki can do with a different gameplan.

because there hasn't been a licensed Berserk game since the PS2 era

and if there was to be a new one, FromSoft would be perfect for the job.

Make a multiplatform Cyberpunk game called Plasmaborne. Have the illness killing the future be nanomachines. Hire Kojima to co-direct/produce the game along with Miyazaki.
Berserk.

Berserk!

BERSERK!

BERSERK!!!
Only if we are guaranteed to get games for the Conviction and Falcon of the Millennium arcs. If we get one more piece of Berserk media that covers the Golden age and ignores everything else I think I'll lose it.

I seriously hope he revisits Armored Core and make another entry, I'm begging you please make another entry like For Answer not V or VD. :'(

ironcreed

Banned
Giger Souls
clock-eyebrow.gif

This a million times over. Or something even close. Can you imagine the Souls atmosphere fused with space horror? Wow.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Hopefully people just putting words in front of Souls is sarcasm. I wouldn't mind a return to Armored Core with the same attention to gameplay that he's brought to his Souls series.

Dark Souls F2P Edition
Wait 1 hour for full Estus Flask recharge or 0.99$ for full recharge immediately
4.99$: 10000 souls
9.99$: Humanity
Best Value 99.99$: Full Havel set

Can't wait to see what he does next. Bloodborne has been the defining game of this generation so far for me. Just so damn good.

I'd love to see Miyazaki's take on Cyberpunk. Think he would make a great cyberpunk game.

Lost (Kingdoms) Souls

Man, I hadn't heard that game mentioned in more than a decade and this is like the third time I've seen it mentioned this week! I wrote a chapter of fanfiction for the game when I was 12, so I'd love to see that series alive again.

Hupsel

Damn my dream would be a open world game with Dark Souls combat, fallout/skyrim world and The Witcher quests and npcs.

Auctopus

Bloodborne's second half started to touch slightly in the
sci fi
genre...would love to see more on that.

I think that was due to the type of horror they chose. I assume if they went sci-fi, they'd go mech/armoured core style. I'd love to see what their super talented artists could do.

Bl@de

Hopefully people just putting words in front of Souls is sarcasm. I wouldn't mind a return to Armored Core with the same attention to gameplay that he's brought to his Souls series.

Yeah. I hope Miyazaki thinks of new gameplay elements in a different settings. Refining and slapping the Souls gameplay on different settings would be rather boring. You can take influences but it doesn't have to be Souls, Bonfires etc. all the time. Show something new with the same attention to detail.

Pressed on whether he would explore the sci-fi or mech genres, perhaps by applying the Souls framework to them, Miyazaki said he "definitely wants to bring the Miyazaki Touch" to them.

The man knows he is the shit right now.

GorillaJu

I think a Dark Souls MMO would be incredible. When Demon's Souls came out in the MMO era and threw away the trend of meaningless fetch quests and "kill X monsters" tasks, it was like a breath of fresh air. Then when Ubi, Bethesda and EA took the MMO model and made single player RPGs out of it that brought in all the incredible monotony and grinding of the genre but without the main hook, From responded by continuing to release game worlds that sucked you in without holding your hand or shoving the story down your throat.

I mean, might as well make it an MMO now and give up on the creativity and ingenuity angle - we want grinding!

I hope to see a revival for Tenchu. They still hold the rights to it, after all. Otogi would be frigging sweet too. So would Armored Core, but I bet the next one is already in the planning phase.

Miyazaki had already proved his worth as a game director with Armored Core 4 and For Answer anyway.

Dude can definitely deliver great games outside of the Souls framework and I for one am really damn ecstatic to see it now with what he's learnt over the past decade as a game director...bring it the fuck on!

King's Field V.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if Sony have asked Miyazaki to make a King's Field VR sim for Morpheus. Either that, or a horror game from them in VR. It just makes too much damn sense. Yoshida is a From Software fanboy anyway, so it's probably going to happen.

Top Bottom