• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Highest-paid child actors on television

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToxicAdam

(Rankings are based on per episode salaries)

Link

1. Angus T. Jones, 16
"Two and a Half Men"
$250,000

2. Miranda Cosgrove, 16
"iCarly"
$180,000

3. Selena Gomez, 17
"Wizards of Waverly Place"
$25,000

4. Dylan and Cole Sprouse, 17
"The Suite Life"
$20,000 each

5. Keke Palmer, 16
"True Jackson"
$20,000

6. Miley Cyrus, 17
"Hannah Montana"
$15,000

7. Rico Rodriguez, 11
"Modern Family"
$15,000

8. Demi Lovato, 17
"Sonny With a Chance"
$12,000

9. Victoria Justice, 17
"Victorious"
$12,000

10. Atticus Shaffer, 11
"The Middle"
$12,000

They went on to figure that, with commissions going out to agents, managers and into the mandatory Coogan Account, the young stars only see about 30 to 40 percent of each episode's paycheck.

mj1108

Yeah, they "only" see 40% of $12,000 for an episode. That must be horrible working for $4,800 per episode x a standard 23 episode season, you get around $100k they see.

Rico Rodridguez only gets 15k an episode, what a steal. Modern Family is going to get real expensive real fast given its success.

X26

Banned
fat kid makes enough to accurately imitate his co-star's off-set life, hookers and blow 24/7

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Holy shit at the difference between Miley and Miranda....Nickelodeon must treat their people better.

Plumbob

Oh wow I initially read this thinking these were annual salaries. :lol Like, Hannah Montana must really like what she's doing to throw away her childhood to get paid minimum wage.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
WTF? Miley Cyrus gets paid less than Dylan and Cole Sprouse? Either she needs a new agent or something is missing here.

DMczaf

Big Ass Ramp said:
WTF? Miley Cyrus gets paid less than Dylan and Cole Sprouse? Either she needs a new agent or something is missing here.

There's a reason she walked away from the show, Disney is probably like "Pfft, your replacement's replacement was just born last week."

mj1108

Big Ass Ramp said:

As someone else mentioned its all made up in merchandising.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
That's pretty crazy. The fat kid from 2 and a half men needs to hire a trainer or something. He's got the cash for it.

Tinabina

wow i just saw this interview with Miranda and she made it sound like she made nothing.

I can't stand two and a half men, such a dumb show.

Dresden

wenis said:
That's pretty crazy. The fat kid from 2 and a half men needs to hire a trainer or something. He's got the cash for it.
He'd lose his job if he lost weight.

And why buy a trainer when hookers and cocaine do the same thing?

Kusagari

Holy shit at the difference between Miranda and Selena/Miley. Merchandising or not, that's still a ridiculous difference.

Lakitu

st5fu
Just checked, that kid has been in 161 episodes of Two and a Half Men apparently according to IMDB. He probably started with a low salary, bear in mind, but as the show got popular his wage obviously increased. You do the math.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
xxracerxx said:
Holy shit at the difference between Miley and Miranda....Nickelodeon must treat their people better.

Well, iCarly is the closest thing they've got to a Hannah Montana competitor so they probably don't want to lose her.

ReiGun

xxracerxx said:
Seriously. It's over 10 times as much. I dont think Miranda's as popular as Cyrus either. Damn.

Forkball

The Disney kids probably rake in cash from other stuff they do for Disney like CDs, modeling, merchandising etc. But still, Angus T. Jones is a pimp for raking in that much cash.

06_angus_t_jones.jpg

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Dresden said:
He'd lose his job if he lost weight.

And why buy a trainer when hookers and cocaine do the same thing?

That kid looks coked out sometimes. I swear the last time I watched an episode of that show he had bigger bags under his eyes than the extra flab under his chin.

Ceres

Banned
For a comparison on Two & A Half Men, Charlie Sheen gets $825k an episode and has ownership rights. Jon Cryer gets $450k.

xxracerxx said:
First thing I noticed to. That's a huuuuge difference in salary, even though I'm sure Hannah Montana is quite a bit bigger and more popular than iCarly.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Selena Gomez is cute.
My little cousins love her show.

I watch two and a half men just because Charlie Sheen cracks me up :D

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
The guy who made iCarly is making ridiculous bank as well. High eight figure range IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom