• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Highest-paid child actors on television

Status
Not open for further replies.
ViperVisor said:
Saying Cosgrove is cuter than Gomez is like saying Lori Beth Denberg was cuter than Patti Mayonnaise.

http://i49.tinypic.com/abnzmw.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I agree. Never really knew what she looked like before her music video started appearing everywhere, but dayum she fine. Except that gif doesn't do her justice.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Mechanical Snowman said:
I agree. Never really knew what she looked like before her music video started appearing everywhere, but dayum she fine. Except that gif doesn't do her justice.

x4uzsqjpg.gif

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
MIMIC said:
iCarly is such a garbage ass TV show.

Eh. I've only seen it a couple of times and while it certainly isn't for my demographic, it seems like an otherwise alright show. A bit obnoxious, sure, but the writing seems clever enough.

Solid Moustache said:
Didnt some guys from friends made TWENTY FUCKING MILLIO. Per episode and you guys are getting your mind blown by Sheen's 800k..

20 million per episode? Not possible. I think they made a million per episode. I think the Seinfeld cast also made a million per episode.

Game-Biz

Trent Strong said:
20 million per episode? Not possible. I think they made a million per episode. I think the Seinfeld cast also made a million per episode.
Yeah, I think the highest paid television actor ever was Kelsey Grammar who got 1.6 million per episode for Frasier.

Btw, who's the guy in your avatar?

Game-Biz said:
Yeah, I think the highest paid television actor ever was Kelsey Grammar who got 1.6 million per episode for Frasier.

Btw, who's the guy in your avatar?

I don't know his real name, but the character is Garth Marenghi. From an awesome British TV show, "Garth Marenghi's Darkplace."

i_am_ben said:
I don't know why Gaf hates Two and a Half men so much. The earlier seasons were pretty funny.

This. I have watched a few and my parents watch them all. It is connect the dots with the comedy but it is executed well. Seems like every other show is forced quirkiness. Jerky camera stuff especially bothers me.

Kusagari

Rorschach said:
They get merchandising, concert tours, cut of album sales, etc etc

Cosgrove's musical career might be nowhere near as big as Selena or Miley's but I'd assume she gets this too?

Raistlin

Souldriver said:
First thing I noticed to. That's a huuuuge difference in salary, even though I'm sure Hannah Montana is quite a bit bigger and more popular than iCarly.

From my understanding, this is based on a contract that was just made. Also iirc, iCarly is actually more popular right now. Even if it isn't though, I read it's the most popular show Nick has ever had.

Ceres said:
There's also the difference that when you go to a place like Disney, they're probably going to launch your music career as well. So while Miley might not get paid much for Hannah Montana, she still makes millions a year through various other means. Nick has no way to compete with that.

Errr ... http://www.billboard.com/news/b-o-b...ve-makes-sparks-fly-with-top-1004089527.story

seanoff said:
Cosgrove is on $180K

what are Sam and Freddy on. They're on screen almost as much and my daughter adores Sam.

Cosgrove was in another Nickelodeon show called 'Drake and Josh' and she was wildly popular, so they pretty much built iCarly as a vehicle for her. So it makes sense that Cosgrove would make a lot more than Sam and Freddy. I'd be pretty pissed if I was one of them though.

Dresden

exarkun said:
I...uh...don't know what to say. Is that per...uh "episode" or you know just to keep her tied up in your basement?
Why would he pay her if he's keeping her tied up in the basement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom