• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton fights a cough on stage for nearly 4 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the best thing to come of this is people on 4chan ironically using this for Dyin' Hillary memes is being catched on as either a literal attack on Clintion or as a literal indicator that she's going to die.

...4chan isn't making those Dyin' Hillary memes ironically...

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
But it is awkward . Like . Why does no one get the person coughing water or tell them it's ok to step out for a bit

She had some water and I don't think her having to step off stage to compose herself would've smoothed over the situation at all. It's just unfortunate timing. No way around it, really.

Even if Breitbart and its acolytes are right and Hillary is secretly on her death bed, how is that supposed to convince anyone to vote Trump?

Like, the worst that can happen is that we get Tim Kaine. For whom does that potential result translate to, "Oh no, so terrible, let me vote for Trump instead" :p

Velcro Fly

I have a cold too. I get one every year at this time.

I do enjoy the strategy of throw enough shit at the wall and hope something sticks. And at the slightest hint of something you say being a tiny bit correct jumping up and down and screaming "see i told you!"

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Women have been attacked for being weak (mentally and physically) for centuries...

Does frailty thy name is woman ring a bell?

You think the right wouldn't use this attack against any Democrat caught on stage coughing for 4 minutes? Regardless of gender? It's nonsense, of course but I think sexism is a leap.

Guess it doesn't really matter. Stupid is stupid regardless of motivation.

213372bu

Banned
...4chan isn't making those Dyin' Hillary memes ironically...

You're right, they're all a single consolidated group of people who share the same non-ironic political views and make memes because they literally think Hillary is going to die and want to warn the US population via images, pop-culture references, and impact font.

Eidan

She had a similar coughing spell in February. It wasn't news then, not sure why it is now.

Actually I do know. And it's fucking stupid.

Revolver

Who is even older than she is and has a documented record of eating KFC, McDonalds, and something known as "Trump Tower Taco Bowls".

He's also on low dose aspirin and a statin for high cholesterol according to what little info his goofy doctor released and yet he apparently still eats junk food.

This happened to me once when I inhaled some balsamic vinegar after letting my bread soak too much of it up. I thought I was going to die.

AxelFoley

1870acef1b0bd224d23d599098753a46fa8cad509a9b216a47598116698fa016.jpg

You think the right wouldn't use this attack against any Democrat caught on stage coughing for 4 minutes? Regardless of gender? It's nonsense, of course but I think sexism is a leap.

Guess it doesn't really matter. Stupid is stupid regardless of motivation.

I don't think this she's secretly dying shit would stick if she was a man, no.

Link

The Autumn Wind
The worst coughing fits are the ones where you're drinking something and it goes down wrong. Takes forever to get over it and there's really nothing you can do about it.

Isn't there something she could be taking to prevent these coughing fits? If I recall correctly, it's not the first time. Can you imagine this happening during a State of the Union Address? :lol

Before I watch a 4 minute video of a human coughing (probably not going to), was that video posted to a local news channel's youtube channel with THAT title?

Fox 10 Phoenix is basically Trump's propaganda outlet. I've never seen anything quite like it in terms of past precedent.

border

The only people concerned with Hillary's health are those that would never vote for her in a million years.

The rest of us would vote for a comatose braindead Hillary over Trump.

Hayfever is more of a wheeze

This may be worse, MUCH WORSE...

Seasonal allergies at their worst cause asthma, asthma causes wheezing and coughing

I would recommend her carry Ventolin in her purse.

once my ex had a sweater full of cat hair and an coughed and wheezed like hell. Allergies at their worst trigger asthmatic symptoms

Here's hoping this is her Dukakis Tank moment.

The discussion about her health clearly isn't going away anytime soon.

At any other time it wouldn't be an issue for her, but the recent murmurs regarding her health are going to get seriously blown up due to this. Its a perfect storm. Also takes the heat of off Trump and his shenanigans. Although he's kept a bit of a low-profile lately by his standards.

Oh my god, you are the worst.

Euron

Even if she did have health issues in office, Tim Kaine is a very capable VP, so I don't view this as much of an issue.
Yeah I don't understand what Trump supporters are trying to argue for when they imply that her allergies indicate a severe underlying issue.

"Oh no, your candidate is dying, you should vote for mine that stands for literally the opposite of everything you stand for. Forget about the VP she chose in case something like this were to happen"

TrueSpartan

Neo Member
NBC is helping...

This is all so fucking pathetic

Yes, how dare the media report on this. Especially the ultra right wing NBC. Being that this happens to H virtually every-time she speaks publicly for more than 5 minutes we should all just accept it as the norm at this point.

Yes, how dare the media report on this. Especially the ultra right wing NBC. Being that this happens to H virtually every-time she speaks publicly for more than 5 minutes we should all just accept it as the norm at this point.

I advise everyone to check out some of the post histories of people coming in here to somehow defend this as a valid issue. There's some really interesting stuff in there that sheds some light on things.

Dart

Only a matter of time before Trump tweets something stupid like linking "crooked" Hillary with Zika...

NBC literally ran the story in a way that gave "credibility" to the Breitbart she's dying horseshit...

The "Hillary could die!" line of attack is even weirder when you consider that Tim Kaine was a Jesuit missionary, and Trump is already detested by most religious conservatives (with the obvious exception of the evangelical sideshow). I'm pretty sure even a lot of current Trump conservative voters would be happier with Kaine than Trump.

You're right, they're all a single consolidated group of people who share the same non-ironic political views and make memes because they're afraid that if they don't properly sow the seeds of distrust towards Hillary in any and every form they can then they'll be robbed of the glorious white utopia that they believe will be ushered in when Glorious Leader Trump takes office.

FTFY.

This would be hilarious if it happened to Trump. Don't act like there wouldn't be a 30 page thread.

Probably, though I think the difference is there isn't a sizable portion of Hillary supporters thinking up wild conspiracies about how Trump is on the verge of death due to some sort of illness. In this case, while the coughing fit is enough to make one wince, we're also faced with the reality that there are people who legitimately believe she's terribly ill, so joining in and poking fun wouldn't feel quite right, you know? Sometimes you just don't want to be associated with nut jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom