• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HL 2 gets an update - everything in Korean - Means nothing, as usual

Half Life 3 threads hurt. Valve is the only company to make me have this much longing for a game.

Either announce it or stop. Don't make me fly up there.

Half Life 3 threads hurt. Valve is the only company to make me have this much longing for a game.

Either announce it or stop. Don't make me fly up there.

They're not doing anything; you're reading into nothing.

except getting ready to announce Half-Life 3 through an insane ARG

Fantastical

Death Prophet
So a Valve mod on the HL2 steam forums posted this:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/220/announcements/detail/2110217062141668727

However, take a look at his profile page....

http://steamcommunity.com/id/alfredr

His steam level: 13

Same as that elevator floor in the PC gamer magazine screenshot...

He is also in 13 groups.

But wait... he has 18 games. But he has 4 badges. 18-4=14, and he has one screenshot so 18-4-1=13. He also has one recommendation. So take off the one and you get... 3. Oh Gabe... you clever son of a bitch.

jerry113

Banned
He is also in 13 groups.

But wait... he has 18 games. But he has 4 badges. 18-4=14, and he has one screenshot so 18-4-1=13. He also has one recommendation. So take off the one and you get... 3. Oh Gabe... you clever son of a bitch.

careful don't dig too deep or we can't get out

Don't read anything into it, PC Gamer has a joke page on the last page of every issue and that's the joke page this month.

There's been so many false HL3 alarms with PC Gamer that readers have developers a "Boy who Cried Wolf" syndrome with the magazine. But It's not common that something from Valve gets teased in the back pages of PC Gamer. But when it happens, it usually leads to a big announcement.

Unless they're hinting at a behind the scenes tour of Valves offices or a showcase of the Steambox... what else could it be? I'm not going to say Half-Life 3, but surely a game announcement of some kind?

jschreier

There's been so many false HL3 alarms with PC Gamer that readers have developers a "Boy who Cried Wolf" syndrome with the magazine. But It's not common that something from Valve gets teased in the back pages of PC Gamer. But when it happens, it usually leads to a big announcement.

Unless they're hinting at a behind the scenes tour of Valves offices or a showcase of the Steambox... what else could it be? I'm not going to say Half-Life 3, but surely a game announcement of some kind?

Dota 2 official release.

Half-life 2 had its big magazine reveal in PC Gamer.

Clearly they are doing the same for HL3.

...it must be true...please let it be true...

Mikey Jr.

Realistically, what are Valve developing over there?

The whole team is working on Dota? That seems more like a side project.

Nalsh

Realistically, what are Valve developing over there?

The whole team is working on Dota? That seems more like a side project.

We know: DotA2, Steam (an ongoing process), SteamBox
Rumored based on last week's Jira leak: Source 2, HL3, L4D3

Exuro

We know: DotA2, Steam (an ongoing process), SteamBox
Rumored based on last week's Jira leak: Source 2, HL3, L4D3
We've known about Source 2 for a while now.

Gotta wonder how many prototypes/games they've gone through and canceled without us knowing.

TheShah

1T5Ez.png

Heres hoping for the entirety of the half life saga (ending with half life 3) is remade in the source 2 engine and released in a box called "Freeman." One can dream.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Y'know, this is probably nothing. Them tweeting "Prepare for unforseen consequences" in Korean was most likely a jab at themselves. Their localization update had unforseen consequences, didn't it?

IMGF

Neo Member
Y'know, this is probably nothing. Them tweeting "Prepare for unforseen consequences" in Korean was most likely a jab at themselves. Their localization update had unforseen consequences, didn't it?
It was also a jab to every wound up HL fan on the planet when they decided to post half the tweet in Korean.

Salsa

so the only thing that is getting everyone riled up is the steam support twitter making a joke in Korean about "unexpected results" wich simpy refers to the fact that the issue involves the game being forced into Korean language?

seems.. about right

I wish you guys wouldn't get worked up over nothing, i got over HL3 not coming out any time soon a long time ago, you should too.

Top Bottom