• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HL 2 gets an update - everything in Korean - Means nothing, as usual

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Realistically, what are Valve developing over there?

The whole team is working on Dota? That seems more like a side project.

I would imagine that since Dota is easily the most popular game on Steam by the widest of margins, they're probably giving it a decent bit of attention.

This thread... against all odds...

zmJQ3W0.gif

I am probably just as interested in hearing the making of story of HL3 as I am actually getting to play it. I want to know how this project spiralled out of control and how many times the restarted it.

Dmax3901

So I tweeted this at Mr Marc Laidlaw earlier today

"@MarcLaidlaw Care to comment on the HL2 update today? Is it something to pay attention to or are we all just going insane."

To which he responded with the following two tweets.

"@dmax3901 Such updates are basic, necessary housekeeping. They are not driven by content."

"@dmax3901 Also I will plead with the updaters to provide verbose patch notes to demystify in the future."

Wrap it up folks.

Kerub

Banned
Even if it is teased, it will be teased for another year, announced for a 2015 release and get delayed multiple times.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Wrap it up folks.

To be blunt, this should have been wrapped up several pages ago. Hopefully, the experience will leave lots of people jaded, pessimistic, and generally cynical about the future of the Half-Life series.

kidding :p It's great to see so many people still so strongly interested in the series, but there is a huge difference between legitimate teaser content and a simple update, albiet a big one. It's frustrating to see people get really excited, then watch as that joy deflates to disappointment, again and again.

Dmax3901

To be blunt, this should have been wrapped up several pages ago. Hopefully, the experience will leave lots of people jaded, pessimistic, and generally cynical about the future of the Half-Life series.

kidding :p It's great to see so many people still so strongly interested in the series, but there is a fine line between legitimate teaser content and a simple update, albiet a big one. It's frustrating to see people get really excited, then watch as that joy deflates to disappointment, again and again.

Sounds like you should take your own advice and not get involved :p

Trick_GSF

Banned
Half-life is finished. Portal is finished. The universe will still be expanded upon at some point, probably far into the future.

Basic (probable) truths we'll do well to accept.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like you should take your own advice and not get involved :p

I love talking about this series, it's just I feel like a veteran of the excitement/disappointment cycle that's been repeating itself for years, a fan who's now witnessing people experiencing the sensation for the first time, knowing how it will end.

It's all good fun, though.

Bluth54

Didn't some people said earlier that PC Gamer always does a joke preview like this and this not be taken seriously at all?

Yeah I posted that already. I've subscribed to PC Gamer for years. That page is just a joke. It usually doesn't have anything to do with the next issue. It's not the first time Valve has appeared on that page, and I doubt it's the first time Half Life 3 has appeared on it.

Hasney

Nah. no way. It's just a bug. I got the full fat 3.7GB patch, no Korean and my saves worked fine. After playing about a bit, I came out and it wanted another update, but it refused to move from suspended, so I opted into the Steampipe beta and fun times were had by all once again.

Top Bottom