• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shit when did Biebs get ripped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan 3414

I don't really have much hate for Beiber, but that isn't ripped at all.

He's slim and you can see his abs. Not saying that that's bad or anything. But it's not impressive.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Are you guys really arguing about arbitrary terms like ripped, lean, and shredded? Those things mean different things to different people. The guy has obviously been weight training and has a clean diet.

To answer the 6 month question... Yes, with his resources an untrained man can attain that in 6 months. Muscle mass is what takes time naturally and he doesn't particularly have much if it.

Tesseract

Banned
the average bro puts on 15 to 20 pounds of muscle mass a year, this assuming their nutrition is perfect and their training is virtuous.

Lol some people are really mad. Even he's slim, he worked to get there.

without question, 10 to 15 pound dbells sufficed. maybe less if he's a young ballistic lifter.

but to get a body like jackman, probably 5 to 10 years of work.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Every time I see a photo of Biebs without a shirt on he mother fucking planned it. He ran back stage, banged out 50 push-ups, ran back on stage and ripped his shirt off and flexed. Lookitthose photos, he's flexing!

MegaMelon

Not bad at all, looks good. I have like no body fat so I look like that atm, although my arms are skinnier and my 6 pack is more pronounced.

It's just not as impressive for folks who have been training and following bodybuilding for years. That's all.

Gaining muscle is much harder than losing fat.

Why focus on the negative of it? There is always something "more impressive"

Wow, just like that other poster said. If some random person who looked like that posted his body in the body building thread, he'd get nothing but praise. But because it's JB, we have to focus on "oh, it's not as impressive as these other people"

haha I remember my sister had a bf that was skinny as fuck and thought that he was ripped. I called him a twig because he thought he was ripped for such a skinny kid. Also I told him if he ever did something to hurt my sister, I would snap him like a twig.

Beiber is an idiot to think such a thing, When are we going to build a rocket to shoot unwanted celebs to the sun?

G.ZZZ

FitGaf has some insane standards for bodies, i guess if you aren't huge you're scrawny and shit. I'm probably skinnier than he is and i've been doing gym for 10 years, and no one ever came to me saying "you look skinny you should lift", all the opposite in fact. But you know, internet standards and whatsnot.

His body looks better than 95% of the guys out there. And better than a good half of ppl who goes to gym.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
FitGaf has some insane standards for bodies, i guess if you aren't huge you're scrawny and shit. I'm probably skinnier than he is and i've been doing gym for 10 years, and no one ever came to me saying "you look skinny you should lift", all the opposite in fact. But you know, internet standards and whatsnot.

His body looks better than 95% of the guys out there. And better than a good half of ppl who goes to gym.

This is not a controversial statement here. The guy has minimal muscle and very low bodyfat. Yeah it looks good, but it's no big accomplishment for someone his age with the resources and time to do some pushups, crunches, a little cardio and eat salads. Most people here aren't saying he doesn't look good, but it's not accurate to call someone with minimal muscle like that "ripped".

entremet

Wow, just like that other poster said. If some random person who looked like that posted his body in the body building thread, he'd get nothing but praise. But because it's JB, we have to focus on "oh, it's not as impressive as these other people"

Not negative, just oversold by the OP.

That's all.

HIs physique is still better than most of the male population his age.

no merits there, he was already skinny, if he was chubby before and then got to where he is right now then I would complement him because that would required some hard work, diet and dedication.

For his age, resources at his disposal and the fact he was already low on BF this is nothing.

rashbeep

Banned
Honestly I'd kill to look like that. I'm veeery skinny and putting on weight has always been a challenge. But he's not ripped though.

People who think it's just low bf and doesn't take much time haven't seen enough skinny people without clothes on or something.

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
haha I remember my sister had a bf that was skinny as fuck and thought that he was ripped. I called him a twig because he thought he was ripped for such a skinny kid. Also I told him if he ever did something to hurt my sister, I would snap him like a twig.

Beiber is an idiot to think such a thing, When are we going to build a rocket to shoot unwanted celebs to the sun?

You're upset lol...

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I wish my body looked like that. I'm skinny enough, but theres no way in hell I could have the discipline to work out all the time.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I wish my body looked like that. I'm skinny enough, but theres no way in hell I could have the discipline to work out all the time.
Three or even 2 days a week can get you there. The real discipline is in the kitchen.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Three or even 2 days a week can get you there. The real discipline is in the kitchen.
Hmm, I've got a very reasonable and healthy diet. Maybe I should aspire to look like Justin Bieber and dedicate a few hours a week.

Petrie

Banned

They wouldn't though. Posters come into the fitness thread with something like that all the time and would be given the same criticism and advice presented here.

Honestly I'd kill to look like that. I'm veeery skinny and putting on weight has always been a challenge. But he's not ripped though.

Eat more.

It's that simple.

EVOL 100%

He's definitely not ripped but he does look good and fit

My body is a bit like that right now and I'm a lazy fuck who barely works out these days. Being a naturally skinny dude with a freakishly high metabolism it's difficult to build mass but the gains that you do get stand out pretty much immediately

Keeping a good diet is definitely the more difficult part. Getting exercise will give you a better appetite

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
You're doing it wrong.
Its just hard. I commute by bicycle 5 days a week about two miles each way, and I jog ~5 miles on my weekends. I don't do anything else but stretching though. I definitely don't eat enough because I'm so busy. I do spinach/tofu smoothies in the morning along with some carbs and typically eat a small portion of meat or something with a lot of fruit at lunch. Dinners are where I slack, a lot of times I just won't eat when I get home. Its really really difficult to stay fed. It takes time and is messy.

I looked like that when I was his age, not because I worked out like crazy, but because I had crazy fast metabolism, did regular, mild exercise, and had crazy low body fat %.

That said, even though it's not ripped, he is still in really good shape and you do have to do work to get to that point.

Petrie

Banned
Its just hard. I commute by bicycle 5 days a week about two miles each way, and I jog ~5 miles on my weekends. I don't do anything else but stretching though. I definitely don't eat enough because I'm so busy. I do spinach/tofu smoothies in the morning along with some carbs and typically eat a small portion of meat or something with a lot of fruit at lunch. Dinners are where I slack, a lot of times I just won't eat when I get home. Its really really difficult to stay fed. It takes time and is messy.

I give up.

Yeah, in fairness I'd probably not want to eat more if one of my meals was a spinach / tofu smoothie either. :D

Same advice as to most people that struggle to eat a lot. Cook in very large portions then freeze / reheat. You cook when you have time and from that point on (assuming you have a microwave) you have a meal that you can eat within 5 mins.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Jesus Christ are you bringing up weak excuses. Cycling four miles isn't even a real warm up before a usual gym session...

Excuses for what?! I'm not justifying anything.. just sharing what my routine is currently like and expressing a desire to work more fitness into it. Its hard to maintain proper nutrition!

bort

First pic looks shopped.

vbi0mBU.png

Zoe

Yeah, in fairness I'd probably not want to eat more if one of my meals was a spinach / tofu smoothie either. :D

Same advice as to most people that struggle to eat a lot. Cook in very large portions then freeze / reheat. You cook when you have time and from that point on (assuming you have a microwave) you have a meal that you can eat within 5 mins.

Struggling to eat isn't just about accessibility. Some people just don't have the appetite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom