• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shit when did Biebs get ripped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if all the people saying that if a poster put pics like that in the fitness thread there'd be nothing but praise for their progress have actually read the fitness thread. The P90X thread, maybe. If Beiber posted pics like that in the fitness thread he'd be told to start drinking a gallon of milk a day until he can squat 485.

HGStormy

Banned
I meant normal body weight / size relative to his age and frame (as compared to him being a 'skinny sack of bones').

He's 20 years old; the age when people are usually still in school or young and not with kids yet, so no reason/excuse to let themselves go.

I think he's far more toned than most people (with lower bodyfat), but within the population of 20 year old men he looks to be the same size (thickness?). I'm back at school now, and most of the younger non-graduate guys don't look too different from him in weight / girth.

I'm 20. ow

On topic: Way too much vitriol. Good for him for taking care of himself?

All the people calling him a skinny sack of bones should start posting photos of themselves. Lol

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Uh yeah, no offense folks but those are some pretty good results.

Jesus, I'm a jealous person but what's displayed in this thread is just ridiculous.

He has the body of a younger man that has been training for a few years in combat sports. Which make sense because he's been boxing for a few years now. Although I heard if you spar with him you're not allowed to hit him in the face.

I wouldn't exactly say he's ripped, but his physique is definitely not just because he has low bf. I would love for my body to be in that shape right now, but I don't work out. I lost a lot of fat and it looked really bad because I had no muscle; this guy does have muscle and is skinny.

studyguy

Whatever. Dude looks like your average 20something hitting the gym to keep himself in shape. Good on him. His face in that first picture looks goofy as all fuck though.

Shadybiz

Yeah he's definitely putting in the work, that's obvious. Certainly not a beast or anything, but I sure as hell would have liked to have had that physique when I was his age.

sphinx

the piano man
I suppose but a lot of the posts on the matter ITT are likely fueled by salt.

really, what salt? nobody is saying he doesn't look good or great, for his age, build and the time he's been working out.

if you think people are jealous of that body, I don't think that's the case.

I can assure you, many guys posting in this very thread are way past that beginner stage bieber displays in those pics.

it's semantics the problem here, mostly.

JB is lean and young which is cool and very nice, that's all there is to it.

really, what salt? nobody is saying he doesn't look good or great, for his age, build and the time he's been working out.

if you think people are jealous of that body, I don't think that's the case.

I can assure you, many guys posting in this very thread are way past that beginner stage bieber displays in those pics.

it's semantics the problem here, mostly.

JB is lean and young which is cool and very nice, that's all there is to it.

No I just mean from the hate of JB in general lol.

ajim

He's still small, sure. But he looks good and he's exercising.

Good for him.

Biebs still pissing in peoples cereal just by being biebs.

MIMIC

Banned
I hate this mofo, but I certainly wouldn't mind looking like that. But I'm apparently a lot thinner than HE is >_<

mdubs

Banned
95% of guys his age would be thrilled to look like that.

Great body Biebs!

His face would be fine too if he was't always trying to look hard. I mean how is Justin Bieber of all fucking people gonna try and look tough.

salttruck-300x200.jpg

So much in this thread.

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
I wonder if all the people saying that if a poster put pics like that in the fitness thread there'd be nothing but praise for their progress have actually read the fitness thread. The P90X thread, maybe. If Beiber posted pics like that in the fitness thread he'd be told to start drinking a gallon of milk a day until he can squat 485.

Like I said before, not everyone's goal is to look bulky...

A lot of women don't want anything bulkier than the Biebs. Thin is in, for some reason.

For some reason? why can't women have different preferences?

Dali

Seriously. Like I actively avoid it. It's why stupid comments like "skipped leg day" and "running destroys gains" just come across as people with their head too far up their butts to realize what you think is ideal isn't what another person is looking for.

Dali

Muscle hierarchy:

Swole
Jacked
Built
Ripped
Shredded
Cut
I'd put swole and jacked at the bottom of the hierarchy. Ripped and cut are like compliments to me. It's like you're Bruce Lee or Terrell Owens. Swole and jacked are almost insults. They make me think boorish and probably obsessed with lifting.

A

A More Normal Bird

Unconfirmed Member
Who said anything about bulk? There are 150lb women who can squat over 440. The milk is just fuel for the furnace.

I was making a joke about the focus on strength/size over aesthetics in the fitness thread.
Seriously. Like I actively avoid it. It's why stupid comments like "skipped leg day" and "running destroys gains" just come across as people with their head too far up their butts to realize what you think is ideal isn't what another person is looking for.
If you have to actively avoid getting too bulky it may be worth having your food and genes tested. Either someone is slipping you roids or you're the next step in human evolution ;)
I'd put swole and jacked at the bottom of the hierarchy. Ripped and cut are like compliments to me. It's like you're Bruce Lee or Terrell Owens. Swole and jacked are almost insults. They make me think boorish and probably obsessed with lifting.
Yo what. I just googled this Terell Owens guy. Let's take his stats of 6'3", 225ish lbs and calculate his Fat Free Mass Index at say, 12% bodyfat (he looks leaner in some shots but that could be photoshoot magic). The FFMI is by no means a perfect meausre, but the developers found that most of the bodybuilders in the era before steroids (ie the only ones they could guarantee weren't using) maxed out the index at 25. Using those figures for Owens gets a result of 24.9. The guy is almost as muscular as anyone can get without PEDs.

I never encountered the term Swole before this thread.

Edit: Why is the img so big??

Put it inside quote tags.

Also I don't get people saying Bieber has an ugly face. I mean the fuck? You can call his face child-like, not yet "manly", douchey... but ugly? Do you even live on planet Earth bro? Come on son.

post reasons to be ripped beyond that level except veins popping out like an erection. Any reason about health and not bragging rights.

Ripped muscles tend to look off unless they're polished with oily stuff.

Dali

"Snake was kinda scrawny when he got locked up. Have you seen him? He just got out the other day. Dude swole as hell. "

" Well what else is there to do when you're locked up?"

Nibel

He looks good, but I wouldn't call it 'ripped'. Give him some more months and he'll easily reach that level though.

The only thing I would be concerned about is his posture.

Garruson

Also I don't get people saying Bieber has an ugly face. I mean the fuck? You can call his face child-like, not yet "manly", douchey... but ugly? Do you even live on planet Earth bro? Come on son.

Quote tags did nothing... NOTHING!!!!!

CoolOff

This thread telling me it's easy to look like that as a skinny 22 yo (6ft/145lbs) has inspired me to start working out again. My muscles are truly sore for the first time in 3 years.

Will document and return to the thread in 6 months looking like the Biebs. It's the only way to settle this discussion!

Yes, I know it won't be easy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom