• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shit when did Biebs get ripped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
daaamn, fuck, I can never tell natties from unnatties apart. the beastmode is a known guy though, he does strongman competitions, Derek poundstrong.

images

if you ask me, he looks spectacular, would love to have that body but I have to agree he really doesn't look very natural.

I guess I'll stay "buildfat".for the time being

I'd find it very hard to believe that that guy isn`t on PED's, but hey.

Bieber is like 5'7", he's a manlet. Google says 5'9" but that's not accurate, it's based off his DUI arrest and info on his license. My point is, it's much easier for shorter people to look ripped.

Wolfe

Muscle like what? He has good genes resulting in low body fat so he barely has to burn anything to show any definition. On top of that his arms are barely defined and his pecs are par for the course of someone who hasn't been working out long. There's no mass on his chest at all and barely any to speak of on his bi and tri. Y'all are reaching with this. He's got a good body but that body isn't hard to attain if you're already in a relatively low body fat percentage.

You sound like you don't work out at all, dude has decent gains for what I assume to be a gym newb.

Yes of course he looks more defined due to low BF % but just think of how much bigger he'd look if he did have some BF.

Dude may not be "ripped" but he's well into the fit/athletic category, looks like he's been putting in time at the gym and most any actual skinny guy would be more than happy to have that kind of mass.

Bieber is like 5'7", he's a manlet. Google says 5'9" but that's not accurate, it's based off his DUI arrest and info on his license. My point is, it's much easier for shorter people to look ripped.

This is another term I encountered for the first time in this thread (more than once), I just looked it up. Seems awfully offensive and insensitive to me, more than "shorty". Should be a banned slur IMO. Heightism sucks.

And why is it easier for shorter people to look ripped?

This is another term I encountered for the first time in this thread (more than once), I just looked it up. Seems awfully offensive and insensitive to me, more than "shorty". Should be a banned slur IMO. Heightism sucks.

Sorry, yeah it's a stupid term. I heard about it on Misc first. I think that's the first time I've used it. For shorter people it's something to do with the range of motion and aerodynamics. Imagine a 7 foot tall guy doing a bench press and how long his arms are. Now imagine a 5 foot tall guy doing it. Catch my drift? Someone else might explain it better.

sphinx

the piano man
Sorry, yeah it's a stupid term. I heard about it on Misc first. I think that's the first time I've used it. For shorter people it's something to do with the range of motion and aerodynamics. Imagine a 7 foot tall guy doing a bench press and how long his arms are. Now imagine a 5 foot tall guy doing it. Catch my drift? Someone else might explain it better.

in my opinion, which may be (is) wrong, bigger guys will look better at the end of the day,

more meat to work with = better looks later on.

as a 5'6 guy, I see it every day in my gym.

A guy who is 185 lbs @ 10% bf @ 5'7 is going to look a lot more cut and "bigger" than a guy who is 185 lbs @ 10% bf @ 6'3. More compact on a smaller body so you look bigger. The taller person needs more weight to fill out.

Zoe

For shorter people it's something to do with the range of motion and aerodynamics. Imagine a 7 foot tall guy doing a bench press and how long his arms are. Now imagine a 5 foot tall guy doing it. Catch my drift? Someone else might explain it better.

That doesn't mean it's easier. A tall guy can do something that takes the same amount of work as the short guy--he'd just have to find a modification for the move.

@_@ He hit the gym and ate well. My ex made the same amount results in a short time frame too.

He looks good though, but still too skinny and smooth for my liking, also no legs wtf?

He isn't muscular. If that's muscular than I don't know what the fuck I am.

@_@ He hit the gym and ate well. My ex made the same amount results in a short time frame too.

He looks good though, but still too skinny and smooth for my liking, also no legs wtf?

He isn't muscular. If that's muscular than I don't know what the fuck I am.

You're a hot beast ;)

Strongmen all use PEDs. It's pretty much the wild west aside from amphetamines etc (you don't want someone coked out of their skull whilst competing).

Oh, i'm aware. As well they should if doing it professionaly, given how much it helps recovery.

Would contest the amphetamine bit, tho. Pretty sure plenty of them are still rocking DMAA (which, to be fair, feels pretty awesome and sure, aint an amphetamine, but really), or at the very least caffeine.

On daniel craig, dude has the gold standard in natty pecs
daniel-craig-shirtless.jpg

Pretty similar to natty marky mark
mark-wahlberg-shirtless-body.jpg

Would contest the amphetamine bit, tho. Pretty sure plenty of them are still rocking DMAA (which, to be fair, feels pretty awesome), or at the very least caffeine.

I'm talking about stuff a bit stronger than that. I believe it's the only thing they still test for.

Edit - Wait... Marky Mark natty? Not in this world, not for a long time.

Zoolader

Looks like he maintains a strict diet and does a ton of push ups, I'll give him that. Doesn't look like he lifts weights though, he is pretty small. And those legs.... oh god lmao.

Piano

Banned
And holy shit, people. Climbing the ladder from skinny to anything else is way, way harder than going builtfat > athletic, or skinnyfat > otter. If you're fat, you're probably eating a decent amount of calories, so you need to make only minimal adjustments to your diet. Hell, builtfat to athletic could easily be done in less than 3 months.

I've been skinny all my life despite my best efforts to be, you know, anything else. I spent months lifting weights with a strict regimen for only minimal gain. I'd have to pack on so many pounds to ever look visibly muscular.

Definitely damages my sense of masculinity.

I'm talking about stuff a bit stronger than that. I believe it's the only thing they still test for.

Edit - Wait... Marky Mark natty? Not in this world, not for a long time.

Seriously? Back in the day, sure. But nowadays? Damn.

That pic seems attainable without roids, tho.

He has been exercising and is in great shape. He's a product though. Probably has personal trainers, a personal chef and all sorts of people keeping him on track to be in shape. Personally not a fan of his style or what he's selling though.

I've been skinny all my life despite my best efforts to be, you know, anything else. I spent months lifting weights with a strict regimen for only minimal gain. I'd have to pack on so many pounds to ever look visibly muscular.

Yeah, but once you do finally hit that perfect point of being able to put on mass you will look incredible at every step of the journey. Always lean, good muscle shape, good skin (prolly few stretch marks, no worry about loose skin). That is what I envy about skinny/slimmer guys. It may be really hard for you guys to get anywhere, but you will look amazing in the end.

I look good, but I have plenty of physical flaws that stem from being obese most of my life.

Zoolader

20140206170824uid1.jpg

Also this chart is pretty much bullshit. Everybody in the top line up after ottermode would be considered a bodybuilder. Just look at them they are all below 10% bodyfat which is hard to achieve let alone maintain, and they obviously hit the gym religiously to shape their muscles. I would consider "ottermode" and "built fat" as the real athletic since you don't have to be insanely shredded to be an athlete. The 'builtfat" and "athletic" in that pic might even lift the same, except "athletic" is on a strict diet and counts calories with a food scale, maybe even on steroids. Built, bodybuilder, and bearmode are all for sure on some kind of steroid or hgh.

Can't believe I use to mire Brad Pitts physique in high school when he was in Fight Club, as I was lifting more and more throughout the years I don't more that physique anymore....too skinny for my ideal physique.

Same here. It's actually awful seeing some reactions here, just because as someone with a similar body type to JB and that has been trying to build mass this surely is a lot of hard work.

I still feel like a bag of bones even after all the effort. I'd have loved to have a bigger frame so that i could have developed better, but genes are shitty.

I didn't know being fat had permanent cosmetic effects on one's body. I remember once hearing that loose skin/stretch marks go away eventually, but is it not? What else is there?

There was a time a few years ago when I gained about 10kg (which is significant when you only ever weighed 60 to 65kg), I dropped that weight quickly and never gained it back. I look at my pics from that time and think "I was fat"... Could something like that leave a permanent effect on my shape if I stay well below that weight?

I didn't know being fat had permanent cosmetic effects on one's body. I remember once hearing that loose skin/stretch marks go away eventually, but is it not? What else is there?

Stretch marks fade, but never go. Even with surgery.

I look like I was attacked by a tiger... kinda takes away from the abs (which are also not as good as others can manage, because where I have stretch marks my skin isn't elastic as that of others).

I look like I was attacked by a tiger... kinda takes away from the abs (which are also not as good as others can manage, because where I have stretch marks my skin isn't elastic as that of others).

My ex-bf had some stretch marks and was very self conscious about them. I never found them the least bit offensive though, but maybe his were minor and only in one spot or two.

The feels. :( I have them everywhere. My chest, my stomach, my back, my shoulders, even on my damn biceps. It's horrible. The skin issues are the number one reason why I'm still unhappy with my physique and refuse to be shirtless in public.

I also have these skin creases under my chest from slouching while being fat most of my life. Nothing I can do about them save getting a tattoo to cover them up. Thankfully they have gotten faint.

My ex-bf had some stretch marks and was very self conscious about them. I never found them the least bit offensive though, but maybe his were minor and only in one spot or two.
This is usually how it is though. We overthink our own flaws when no one else notices or even if they, don't really care. I've had a couple of guys, during one nighters, bring up the skin issues a couple of times, but never once did they say they were disgusted by it. In fact I actually get complimented more often than not.

Guys at my gym have come up to me and said they're jealous of the stretch marks on my arms because it means they've grown so much (or so they think). So weird.

That all being said. I personally don't regret getting in shape. I'm overall happy with how I look, but I still yearn to look like all the hot circuit dancers on my FB feed.

The feels. :( I have them everywhere. My chest, my stomach, my back, my shoulders, even on my damn biceps. It's horrible. The skin issues are the number one reason why I'm still unhappy with my physique and refuse to be shirtless in public.

I also have these skin creases under my chest from slouching while being fat most of my life. Nothing I can do about them save getting a tattoo to cover them up. Thankfully they have gotten faint.

This is usually how it is though. We overthink our own flaws when no one else notices or even if they, don't really care. I've had a couple of guys, during one nighters, bring up the skin issues a couple of times, but never once did they say they were disgusted by it. In fact I actually get complimented more often than not.

Guys at my gym have come up to me and said they're jealous of the stretch marks on my arms because it means they've grown so much (or so they think). So weird.

That all being said. I personally don't regret getting in shape. I'm overall happy with how I look, but I still yearn to look like all the hot circuit dancers on my FB feed.

replace hot circuit dancers with wrestlers and that is my current mindset ^_^

The guy is also what, 18? fucks sake, any 18 year old boy could look like that with a bit of a workout and eating right.
If hes ripped in his 30s, ill be impressed then.

Metroxed

Bieber is like 5'7", he's a manlet. Google says 5'9" but that's not accurate, it's based off his DUI arrest and info on his license.

I have to say that I find that term offensive. I'm short and male. Like it or not I'm a man, not a "manlet".

When I hear (or better, read, I've never heard a person say this outside the Internet) someone using the word "manlet", I can only think of the typical insecure person who has to attack other people or diminish their accomplishments in order to feel better about himself.

Because apparently, according to people like you, short people aren't allowed to work out or something? God fobid we somehow look good, because if we do we are somehow "manlets"? Infantile.

My point is, it's much easier for shorter people to look ripped.

Maybe, but we don't get ripped by seating in the couch eating chips, we still have to put some effort into it.

Miles X

I have to say that I find that term offensive. I'm short and male. Like it or not I'm a man, not a "manlet".

When I hear (or better, read, I've never heard a person say this outside the Internet) someone using the word "manlet", I can only think of the typical insecure person who has to attack other people or diminish their accomplishments in order to feel better about himself.

Because apparently, according to people like you, short people aren't allowed to work out or something? God fobid we somehow look good, because if we do we are somehow "manlets"? Infantile.

Maybe, but we don't get ripped by seating in the couch eating chips, we still have to put some effort into it.

Preach. I'm 5'7 and even getting to "Ottermode" has been a bitch, then again I feel like I'm over the hill lol (26)

Draft

Bieber is obviously pretty cut up and lean, but for real don't you think he's the type of dude that benches 30 pound dumbbells and makes a loud ass TSSSS noise during each rep?

Astral

Short people also look a lot worse at higher body fat than tall people, so tall guys at least have that going for them. Biebs looks alright but it's not like he was ever fat. He doesn't know the struggle. His arms are also too small for my tastes, and I'm straight.

Hiko

Banned
FitGaf has some insane standards for bodies, i guess if you aren't huge you're scrawny and shit. I'm probably skinnier than he is and i've been doing gym for 10 years, and no one ever came to me saying "you look skinny you should lift", all the opposite in fact. But you know, internet standards and whatsnot.

His body looks better than 95% of the guys out there. And better than a good half of ppl who goes to gym.

I have no idea why so many guys go for the muscle head look. It looks disgusting. They end up looking fat or like a freak. Either way it's gross. Lean with a decent amount of muscle definition looks best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom