• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shit when did Biebs get ripped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote tags did nothing... NOTHING!!!!!

Those are not quote tags, these are:

[ quote] [ /quote]

without the spaces after the first bracket, there's a button to add them for you in the post formatting toolbar. Keep the

Garruson

Those are not quote tags, these are:

[ quote] [ /quote]

without the spaces after the first bracket, there's a button to add them for you in the post formatting toolbar. Keep the tags around the image link but inside the quote tags.[/QUOTE]

Damnit you beat me before I figured out my forgetting of what a quote tag is, ie, not a speech mark... It's been so long since I've used forums.

Still, boy has posture of that alien, I expect him to be in episode 7 playing a song in the cantina.

This thread telling me it's easy to look like that as a skinny 22 yo (6ft/145lbs) has inspired me to start working out again. My muscles are truly sore for the first time in 3 years.

Will document and return to the thread in 6 months looking like the Biebs. It's the only way to settle this discussion!

Yes, I know it won't be easy...

Post in the fitness thread. We will help shape you right.

This thread telling me it's easy to look like that as a skinny 22 yo (6ft/145lbs) has inspired me to start working out again. My muscles are truly sore for the first time in 3 years.

Will document and return to the thread in 6 months looking like the Biebs. It's the only way to settle this discussion!

Yes, I know it won't be easy...

Go to FitGAF http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=831799 and people can direct you so that you can get the most out of your time. I'm only 3 months in on strictly keeping to a proper program and the change is phenomenal. The only hard part (for me) is eating more. Right now you might want to look like beibs but after a few months you'll face the idea of not improving your lifts in order to cut the fat and see it to be a joke :)

Herr K

Banned
I thought otters need to have some body hair?
Not in the world of gains. Ottermode = swimmer body. Or something akin to that.

Edit: here

And holy shit, people. Climbing the ladder from skinny to anything else is way, way harder than going builtfat > athletic, or skinnyfat > otter. If you're fat, you're probably eating a decent amount of calories, so you need to make only minimal adjustments to your diet. Hell, builtfat to athletic could easily be done in less than 3 months.

Nabbis

Eh... Looks okay. It's pretty easy to get into that with nutrition and a little exercise.(Considering what he started as) Not really news worthy though since it's far from being ripped.

Ultimatum

Banned
oh damn people are so jealous in this thread

he could do with some squats, but he's in great shape and it's pretty clear he does lift

Herr K

Banned
Ah ok, that makes sense. I was thinking of "Otter" in gay culture. He does have a swimmer's body.
I didn't know that was a thing lol
swimmer body > bulky body imo

What's your definition of bulky? Care to share a pic? Bulky seems to be different for everyone.

Athletic on the chart I posted, while absolutely sick looking, is simply not practical to achieve and maintain. Plus, I know a fair share of ladies that would feel intimidated by that size.

I believe that ottermode, in these days, is the best you can do for yourself. Clothes will fit, girls will 'mire, and you won't need to follow super strict diets, so you can be more than a gym rat and actually show your gains off.

I believe that ottermode, in these days, is the best you can do for yourself. Clothes will fit, girls will 'mire, and you won't need to follow super strict diets, so you can be more than a gym rat and actually show your gains off.

Yeah the definition of athletic on that chart is almost like the built picture with another lighting setup.

Cagey

Banned
And holy shit, people. Climbing the ladder from skinny to anything else is way, way harder than going builtfat > athletic, or skinnyfat > otter. If you're fat, you're probably eating a decent amount of calories, so you need to make only minimal adjustments to your diet. Hell, builtfat to athletic could easily be done in less than 3 months.

Trust me. It's not easily done in less than 3 months. If it were, I'd be there by now.

Herr K

Banned
^ builtfats already have a nice share of muscle mass and a competent frame. With noob gains and some luck, in 2 months you could reach a decent muscular mass. Then do keto on the third month and you're cut as hell. Sure, you wont look as big, but you'll certainly be better off and closer to that, than a person coming from skinny in the same timeframe.
Yeah the definition of athletic on that chart is almost like the built picture with another lighting setup.

Yeah, the difference is minimal. I had a more accurate chart, but it's long gone. Maybe I'll look it up and post it. /fit/'s body chart.

Dali

Not in the world of gains. Ottermode = swimmer body. Or something akin to that.

Edit: here

Holy shit. "athletic" looks more cut than most athletes.

Cagey

Banned
^ builtfats already have a nice share of muscle mass and a competent frame. With noob gains and some luck, in 2 months you could reach a decent muscular mass. Then do keto on the third month and you're cut as hell. Sure, you wont look as big, but you'll certainly be better off and closer to that, than a person coming from skinny in the same timeframe.

Yeah, the difference is minimal. I had a more accurate chart, but it's long gone. Maybe I'll look it up and post it. /fit/'s body chart.

A month of keto and you're cut as hell? Err... it either doesn't work like that, or my body doesn't work like that... much more likely to be the former than me being a special little snowflake.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Haha! This thread is still going? Every guy has an ideal body they aspire to have. Every guy/girl has an ideal body they prefer a man to have. What exactly are we arguing here? That there is one universal standard that is best? I've been called buffed, rip, shredded, lean, cut, swole, and other weird terms. These terms mean nothing and despite what anyone tells you they are totally subjective. No chart confirms anything. Lift weights to be healthy. If you want to pursue the strength gaining side of things then really push yourself and see just how strong you can get. If all you care about is exercising your muscles with lower weight than do that. It's all healthy and beneficial. I enjoy being strong and fairly lean. There are others who are much more lean and others who are much stronger. Who cares? Be you.

Zyzz and Jeff Seid are ripped. Most Hollywood types look like they don't even lift

I'll say this though. Beiber has a great base to start bulking. Has nice shape to his muscles....no homer

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
Haha! This thread is still going? Every guy has an ideal body they aspire to have. Every guy/girl has an ideal body they prefer a man to have. What exactly are we arguing here? That there is one universal standard that is best? I've been called buffed, rip, shredded, lean, cut, swole, and other weird terms. These terms mean nothing and despite what anyone tells you they are totally subjective. No chart confirms anything. Lift weights to be healthy. If you want to pursue the strength gaining side of things then really push yourself and see just how strong you can get. If all you care about is exercising your muscles with lower weight than do that. It's all healthy and beneficial. I enjoy being strong and the fairly lean. There are others who are much more lean and others who are much stronger. Who cares? Be you.

Good post!

I think he's healthy and there's nothing wrong with that. Pictures from his first debut proves that he has worked hard to achieve the body he wants. I don't know why it's such a fad to joke about the kid, but there is no reason to here.

If he was a GAFer showing his progress in Fitgaf, no one would give him half the shit he is receiving right now. He looks good.

Pila

Good for him. I don't hate him because he's not a big deal in my country, I don't have to see his face daily so... who cares. Maybe he doesn't even look 12 anymore, how old is he?

sphinx

the piano man

will GAF yell at me if I said I'd like to attain the "beastmode" kind of body when I reach 45? (I am 36)

everything else feels so... produced, I don't think I can achieve any of that naturally and would require some discipline I am not sure I'd be able to show at any point in my life.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
will GAF yell at me if I said I'd like to attain the "beastmode" kind of body when I reach 45? (I am 36)

everything else feels so... produced, I don't think I can achieve any of that naturally and would require some discipline I am not sure I'd be able to show at any point in my life.

"Athletic," "built," "bodybuilder," and "bear mode" are all PED-assisted, and the first three of those are all just bodybuilders. "Athlete," lol, maybe starving and dehydrated on weigh-in day for an MMA fight. It's a terrible chart. "Builtfat" is right at the threshold of having visible abs. Definitely made by someone with hardcore body dysmorphia.

Maffis

The jealousy is strong in this thread. As someone who hits the gym alot even I can see that that takes more than just cutting down on calories.

sphinx

the piano man
"Athletic," "built," "bodybuilder," and "bear mode" are all PED-assisted, and the first three of those are all just bodybuilders. "Athlete," lol, maybe starving and dehydrated on weigh-in day for an MMA fight. It's a terrible chart. "Builtfat" is right at the threshold of having visible abs. Definitely made by someone with hardcore body dysmorphia.

daaamn, fuck, I can never tell natties from unnatties apart. the beastmode is a known guy though, he does strongman competitions, Derek poundstrong.

images

if you ask me, he looks spectacular, would love to have that body but I have to agree he really doesn't look very natural.

I guess I'll stay "buildfat".for the time being

daaamn, fuck, I can never tell natties from unnatties apart. the beastmode is a known guy though, he does strongman competitions, Derek poundstrong.

images

if you ask me, he looks spectacular, would love to have that body but I have to agree he really doesn't look very natural.

I guess I'll stay "buildfat".for the time being

You keep saying Beastmode but the chart says Bearmode. Not that it matters, just sayin'

Dr.Acula

Banned
"Since entering the NHL at the beginning of the 2005-06 season, Ovechkin leads the League in goals (422), points (814), power-play goals (151) and game-winning goals (69). His average of 0.62 goals per game is tied for third in NHL history (minimum: 350 games played), trailing only Bossy (0.76) and Lemieux (0.75)."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=723671

I want to get into Alex Ovechkin shape! The greatest goal-scorer of the last decade!!

Wanna see what a 124million dollar body looks like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom