• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland - Season 5 - Sundays on Showtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want quinn to come back I don't even care. Rebuild him into a super soldier for the CIA and turn the show into some weird scifi dystopian thing.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Going back, second half of S3 \ S4 were much better than S5.
As always, i really, really enjoyed the show minute-by-minute, but when you stop thinking about what the hell happened...

NeoGiff

Ugh.

Fight for the safety and security of Franny.

aCrGhj0.gif

Load Quinn's consciousness into a Jack Bauer terminator style robot and the entire season could be him vs ISIS. The catch is that he is powered by Carrie's tears, so every episode the CIA has to do something to make Carrie cry to power ISIS Terminator.

This was the best season since the first! Seasons 2-4 have been very mixed with really stupid Carrie shit and intense thriller moments. Felt like Carrie was much more tolerable this time around :D

NeoGiff

Welp, here's even further confirmation:
“I will say that Quinn, who is extraordinary … has a good chance of coming back,” Howard Gordon told The Hollywood Reporter Friday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour, following a panel for his new Fox series Second Chance. “The way we’re thinking about bringing him back — if he does come back — is really exciting to me personally,” he added.

Ridiculous.

Valonquar

If Quinn comes back, Brodie should be able to as well. "They thought I was dead, but I was only MOSTLY dead. When they put in the mass grave, I woke up and snuck out."

Finally went back and watched this season, man I'm salty as hell at Allison's fate.

I think I would've rather she got away and lived a miserable life than just dying like that out of nowhere, being spared having to face everyone as a traitor. I haven't been this blue balled by a piece of media in forever.

I'm glad Laura got schooled and her career ruined, threatening to release all that stuff unedited? Nah son, only satisfying ending this season.

Quinn.... he felt really disconnected, he was mostly on the side and then all of the sudden tied in to this major plot that came out of nowhere but he doesn't really do anything and now he's a vegetable. ok.

Carrie's boss feels shady to me, I don't know why he just does.

Still fucking pissed about Allison, like why the hell did they shoot up the car like that? Russians were completely outgunned and surrounded. and I'd think killing two spies or whatever like that would lead to some repecussions they'd rather avoid.

This show should have been an anthology with a new main character every season. But I havent seen Season 4 yet. I have a few episodes of 3 left but I might give up on it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Quinn's Fate Revealed!

Despite the fact that a critically wounded Quinn was last seen crossing over to the proverbial light in Homeland‘s Season 5 finale, Rupert Friend will return to the Showtime thriller in Season 6 as a full-fledged series regular, TVLine has confirmed.

Friend revealed to the site that Quinn will emerge from his near-death experience a changed man, one more willing to show his intimate and personal side.

After the Brody debacle I hoped the writers had learned from their mistake of not killing off their main characters when their time was up, but I guess not.

Also,

Homeland‘s sixth season will be set (and shot) in New York City, and will take place during the two month period between Election Day and the swearing in of the new POTUS. “There is this strange period in America where there are 72 days when it’s not exactly clear who’s in charge, and there is a new president that needs to be educated on what it means to be president,” Gansa explained to EW.com. “That is a very complex transfer of power filled with all kinds of anxiety and different competing interests… it’s a dangerous time in our democracy.”

To be fair,
that would've been a horrible way to kill him off. So pointless and undignified.

I hope they've recasted Carrie's baby. I know you shouldn't call babies ugly, but her baby is ugly.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Homeland season 6 has been delayed until January.

Showtime is also nearing a 2 season renewal for the show, which would bring the total number of seasons to 8.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Considering everything related to Franny has been terrible, not expecting anything different.

RoKKeR

Alright, finally finished watching this entire show. Took me probably 2 months but I'm finally here. I followed the GAF threads most of the way and was always interested to see the reactions.

I like the show. It gets crazy and weird and stupid at points, but that's alright. I'm not sure where they go from here, but they managed to make S5 compelling enough after a similar "well now what" ending in S4.

Season 6 will premiere on Sunday, Jan. 15 at 9/8c. The show has also been renewed for seasons 7 and 8.

Honestly.... I feel like they don't need another two seasons. I don't know what else they can do plot-wise. Maybe a future Franny story to end the series on? Alien terrorists? How about they embrace the craziness and unrealistic and add in supernatural elements since Quinn survived somehow :p

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The showrunner Alex Gansa is planning for the eighth season to be the show's last.

Homeland recently was renewed by Showtime through Season 8 with a pickup of two more seasons beyond the upcoming sixth. And the Emmy-winning series’ executive producer/showrunner Alex Gansa is plotting that as the drama’s final chapter. Gansa told Deadline at Showtime’s pre-Emmy party on Saturday that his team would be writing an ending to the series in Season 8. He was quick to point out that it ultimately will be Showtime’s decision when to wrap the series, but indicated that he would be “done” after Season 8, “if I’m still standing.”

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The show is already running on fumes as it is. I can't even imagine how they are going to extend its life till an 8th season.

NYR

I still love the show and the reset last year was solid for me. New locations can make a huge difference. Totally in for 3 more season (6,7,8).

Season 6 will premiere on Sunday, Jan. 15 at 9/8c. The show has also been renewed for seasons 7 and 8.
Glad something will actually be in TV in January, I prefer this over the Oct-Dec timeline. Last year's season finale was 4 days before Christmas, too close.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Binge watched The entire show over the last few weeks. Love it.

Wonder what direction they'll take with Quinn?

Chumley

Banned
I think it's funny how when S5 ended literally everyone was saying Quinn was dead except me. I knew that dude was coming back even before them showrunners did.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
As much as I like the show, I hate the opening credits. Wish they'd do away with them for s6

"The fuck are you doing?" 😂

kingkitty

I finally got around to watching season 5 of Homeland...

The things the writers did to Quinn. Poor Quinn.

This was a pretty mediocre season of Homeland. I'm not sure I can say it's the worst season of Homeland ever, I would need to do a series re-watch. But overall a pretty boring season, even in a binge format.

At this point, I've accepted that this show will never reach season 1 heights, and will occasionally do something incredibly stupid. Like making Dar Adal into a moron, and allowing the Russian agent to walk around. But the show still scratches that spycraft itch, even if it doesn't scratch very well as it used to.

I give this season 4.1 Dana Brodys out of 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom