• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn SPOILERS Thread

Kalentan

Who are all the tribespeople and how are they alive? Are they just normal descendants of humanity before the incident or are they from ELEUTHIA?

Well sometime after the 'end', Gaia did successfully make a working Earth and they began to pump out humans out of the cradle facilites. However with the loss of APOLLO, a lot of that information they were supposed to be taught was lost and so they had limited teachings from Gaia's robo human people. Eventually, however, the facilites were running low on food and such and the robo humans basically said they had to let the kids (now adults) out.

The tribes we know now are those humans who left the cradle facilites.

iMax

Well sometime after the 'end', Gaia did successfully make a working Earth and they began to pump out humans out of the cradle facilites. However with the loss of APOLLO, a lot of that information they were supposed to be taught was lost and so they had limited teachings from Gaia's robo human people. Eventually, however, the facilites were running low on food and such and the robo humans basically said they had to let the kids (now adults) out.

Oh, right, yes that makes sense. So presumably they lived with the GAIA machines quite peacefully for some time until the unknown signal attacked GAIA's sub-functions then?

Maybe I'm wrong or misunderstanding you, but I thought the Nora, Carja, etc were all descendants of the first people that were released from the cradle facilities.

Oh, right, yes that makes sense. So presumably they lived with the GAIA machines quite peacefully for some time until the unknown signal attacked GAIA's sub-functions then?

Yeah, early in the game a lot of the Nora mention how no one knows why the machines started to become hostile. The 'derangement' that is mentioned a few times is the machines going rogue.

I fucking missed that quest. I realized too late when I was fighting the second to last boss and didnt have any manual saves to go back.

I helped Utik survive against the Shadow Carja and took down the priest and rescued the young prince but it didnt give me a quest after that. i guess i had to go back to the Shadow Carja base to trigger the next part?

No you did Utik's quest.

Then you need to do Vanesha's quest.

But right before the last battle, there are together talking if you just sit next to them, their batter is hilarious

Finished the game, 98% and 100 hours. Loved every bit of it.

Question: Do the corrupt data logs of Elisabet Sobeck / GAIA get unlocked? I've got 5 that still say 'File Damaged....Under Repair' ?

I'm missing 3 audio datapoints - any way to find out where they are?

Is there a list or guide to collection all the text datapoints - world, scanned glyphs etc?

Finished the game, 98% and 100 hours. Loved every bit of it.

Question: Do the corrupt data logs of Elisabet Sobeck / GAIA get unlocked? I've got 5 that still say 'File Damaged....Under Repair' ?

I'm missing 3 audio datapoints - any way to find out where they are?

Is there a list or guide to collection all the text datapoints - world, scanned glyphs etc?

I'm pretty sure those 5 audios are the same that the next 5 that got repaired while you weren't on your way to the final mission. If you check, they share the same name.
Weird that they took more space tho.

I tried talking to Rost's grave after the last 2 story missions, nothing..... ?

Nothing after completing the game either.

I'm pretty sure those 5 audios are the same that the next 5 that got repaired while you weren't on your way to the final mission. If you check, they share the same name.
Weird that they took more space tho.

Hmm, you're right. They are the same, the repaired ones have a R next to them. Thanks,

Still can't find the GAIA LOG: 3 FEB 2065 though, that one never got repaired.

Zackat

I tried talking to Rost's grave after the last 2 story missions, nothing..... ?

Nothing after completing the game either.

Hmm, you're right. They are the same, the repaired ones have a R next to them. Thanks,

Still can't find the GAIA LOG: 3 FEB 2065 though, that one never got repaired.

wasn't that the audio log that plays when you are finding elisabet after you finish?

zulux21

I'm not sure if sylens is neutral evil or chaotic neutral. Maybe somewhere in between.

he is hands down not chaotic neutral.

he has a purpose that guides him, not just doing random crap for the heck of it.
beyond that given his lack of compassion for people and lack of caring if he harms others he isn't neutral either. he is clearly evil.
he wants knowledge and doesn't care who he hurts to get it, the only reason he cares at all is to save himself, and perhaps get a little revenge against the thing that wronged him.

I would personally lean towards lawful evil, where in this case the word lawful means that he follows his own code of conduct. in this case, knowledge above anything else.

he isn't going to push a guy off a cliff just because...
he isn't going to start a war just because...
he is going to do it with a purpose towards his goal to obtain more knowledge.
he will help people if it will get him more knowledge, harm people... ect.

also yay I can finally play in the spoiler thread.

I didn't quite get sylens right as I thought from the start he was the one behind hades, but I got aloy correct, been humming "I think I'm a clone now" by weird al while playing the game since the first time elesibet showed up lol. (or when all mother tried to scan her the first time.... which ever happened first.)

I'm not sure if sylens is neutral evil or chaotic neutral. Maybe somewhere in between.

Probably Neutral Evil. He doesn't seem to uphold any specific code (of law or morals) besides his own power-grabbing agenda. When things threatened going sour for him, he defected because his only allegiance is to himself.

Aloy is definitely Chaotic Good. Rost was Lawful Good (and a fucking BAMF at that). Helis leans Lawful Evil. Karst sounds very Chaotic Neutral.

I've just finished the game and it was amazing. However I wanted to see the reactivation of GAIA and maybe a last talk with it since in the message GAIA said I hope I can speak with you again or something like that.

I've just finished the game and it was amazing. However I wanted to see the reactivation of GAIA and maybe a last talk with it since in the message GAIA said I hope I can speak with you again or something like that.

I think we'll be activating GAIA in the sequel. I don't think it'll be as easy as flipping a switch. Makes me wonder what it's going to take to re-activate her?

Zackat

I think we'll be activating GAIA in the sequel. I don't think it'll be as easy as flipping a switch. Makes me wonder what it's going to take to re-activate her?

iirc she has to rebuild the machine core. So she is gonna have to learn some serious shit. Will Sylens help her is the question. Seems almost an insurmountable task by herself if that is the case since Apollo and Gaia are gone.

Maybe she will go hunting for her own AI to teach her things. Hephaestus?

iMax

tenor.gif

Is it necessary to re-activate GAIA? the world is already rebuild. It would be due to attachment and recover information from the past? That could create quite a predicament on every tribe, really hard to write unless it'll be just for Aloy, but if they take the job and convince me, I'm in.
Hopefully is not to learn more about "her mother" it worked in the first but a sequel should deviate from that a little.
At times I sided with Sylens on "you've made a monumental discovery an all you care about is this or that" although it was pretty understandable for Aloy to care mainly about Elizabeth.

Is it necessary to re-activate GAIA? the world is already rebuild. It would be due to attachment and recover information from the past? That could create quite a predicament on every tribe, really hard to write unless it'll be just for Aloy, but if they take the job and convince me, I'm in.
Hopefully is not to learn more about "her mother" it worked in the first but a sequel should deviate from that a little.
At times I sided with Sylens on "you've made a monumental discovery an all you care about is this or that" although it was pretty understandable for Aloy to care mainly about Elizabeth.
GAIA being gone is the reason why the machines are slowly becoming more aggressive if I remember correctly. Restarting her will allow her to fix the machines.

Kalentan

iirc she has to rebuild the machine core. So she is gonna have to learn some serious shit. Will Sylens help her is the question. Seems almost an insurmountable task by herself if that is the case since Apollo and Gaia are gone.

Maybe she will go hunting for her own AI to teach her things. Hephaestus?

I would love for one of the AI's to go to Aloy and just go like:

"So what do you know about Quantum mechanics?"

"Quantum what?"

"Oh... This is going to take a while..."

Like seriously got to give Slyens some mad props. The amount of stuff that Hades taught him and that Slyens managed to understand is amazing considering the environment that Slyens no doubt grew up in.

zulux21

well, the area they live in happens to be where GAIA prime lives and likely where the rehabitation of the world started.

it's quite possible just outside of the map area that there isn't much life (beyond like maybe grass and trees to stabilize the environment) and that to fully recover the world GAIA would be needed.

I mean the map is decent sized for an in game map, but at best it's the size of chicago. That is a lot of unknown lands that could use saving. lots of potentially toxic areas ect.
You might be able to eventually naturally do it, but with the "world" in a time of peace, if there isn't anything outside of their area, it would only take a generation or two for overpopulation to become a major issue.

GAIA being gone is the reason why the machines are slowly becoming more aggressive if I remember correctly. Restarting her will allow her to fix the machines.

Gaia was part of it, but it was mostly hades slowly corrupting things if I recall right.

as the problems started when seyles plugged hades in.

Zackat

Aloy is ~19 years old and has led a traumatic life. Her culture reveres mothers over basically everything. It's not surprising that she was having a hard time swallowing that pill. Even the cold, rational Sylens realized he was being unduly harsh to her about that.

I would love for one of the AI's to go to Aloy and just go like:

"So what do you know about Quantum mechanics?"

"Quantum what?"

"Oh... This is going to take a while..."

Like seriously got to give Slyens some mad props. The amount of stuff that Hades taught him and that Slyens managed to understand is amazing considering the environment that Slyens no doubt grew up in.
lol yeah, I am expecting a time jump of some sort so we don't have to wait for Aloy to learn differentials. Will be interesting to see how they handle that. Maybe the focus can help her learn super quick.

wapplew

Who are all the tribespeople and how are they alive? Are they just normal descendants of humanity before the incident or are they from ELEUTHIA?

A boy said "I am King today, what I say goes" that ancestor of Carja? A girl said ”I want to stay" ancestor of Nora?

Moneal

GAIA wasn't finished. Many of the animals haven't been reintroduced into the ecosystem yet. We also don't know how much of the rest of the world has been recreated. The part we are in could have been just a pocket created to see if the terrasforming worked.

zkorejo

One thing I dont get is... the people from eleuthia were let go once they ran out of food from the facility. They went out and started populating the earth. Im okay with that. But then Gaia destroyed herself and Hades, created Elizabeth Sobeck clone (Aloy) as her last act.

How did Aloy get out of the facility?.. the doors were jammed, no one could get in except for Elizabeth Sobeck but even then the registry was corrupted, how did they get the infant Aloy out in the world.. I mean where did the matriarchs find her? None of them had entered the bunker.

One thing I dont get is... the people from eleuthia were let go once they ran out of food from the facility. They went out and started populating the earth. Im okay with that. But then Gaia destroyed herself and Hades, created Elizabeth Sobeck clone (Aloy) as her last act.

How did Aloy get out of the facility?.. the doors were jammed, no one could get in except for Elizabeth Sobeck but even then the registry was corrupted, how did they get the infant Aloy out in the world.. I mean where did the matriarchs find her? None of them had entered the bunker.

Door's scanner could not access registry thus, not opening from outside even when it recongnized Aloy with the same DNA as Sorbeck.

But after Aloy was nursed, a robot care took her outside the door and she was found by the Matriarch thus, the though the mountain literally gave birth to Aloy

zkorejo

door was locked from outside not inside.

Scanner not access registry thus, not opening from outside even when it recongnized Aloy.

But after Aloy was nursed, a robot care took her outside the door and she was found by the Matriarch thus, the though the mountain litterally gave birth to Aloy

But there were no robots when we got in at the end. I mean, I didnt even see any dead robots. Unless there was a machine that dished her out of the door when everyone was sleeping.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

My thought:

Remember the strange dream Aloy had after the proving, where kid Aloy comes out of the water, and there's a quick little scene of a Robot "Arm" tentacle behind her. My thought is that was how she was placed outside the "All-Mother Door." Tying in with the fact that GAIA couldn't interfere with anyone already outside, the sub-AI at Eleuthia waited until no one was around the door to drop off Aloy. So she's just placed on the floor in front of the door, and the Matriarch's find her. Since no one but the Matriarch's could go into the mountain, and they knew each other wasn't pregnant, it lead to the "no-one/outcast" status.

well, the area they live in happens to be where GAIA prime lives and likely where the rehabitation of the world started.

it's quite possible just outside of the map area that there isn't much life (beyond like maybe grass and trees to stabilize the environment) and that to fully recover the world GAIA would be needed.

I mean the map is decent sized for an in game map, but at best it's the size of chicago. That is a lot of unknown lands that could use saving. lots of potentially toxic areas ect.
You might be able to eventually naturally do it, but with the "world" in a time of peace, if there isn't anything outside of their area, it would only take a generation or two for overpopulation to become a major issue.

Gaia was part of it, but it was mostly hades slowly corrupting things if I recall right.

as the problems started when seyles plugged hades in.

Technically, going by the vantage named locations, and a mention of Bryce, Utah by Gen. Herres, the in game map is basically the middle of Utah to just east of Denver, with the Grand Canyon/Arizona/New Mexico in the lower left corner. So, it's a game shrunked version of 3-4 large western states.

Niago

Neo Member
I'm pretty sure there is a data log for the servitor that carried Aloy out of the bunker. You can also see the servitor collapsed on the ground just inside the bunker door.

zkorejo

My thought:

Remember the strange dream Aloy had after the proving, where kid Aloy comes out of the water, and there's a quick little scene of a Robot "Arm" tentacle behind her. My thought is that was how she was placed outside the "All-Mother Door." Tying in with the fact that GAIA couldn't interfere with anyone already outside, the sub-AI at Eleuthia waited until no one was around the door to drop off Aloy. So she's just placed on the floor in front of the door, and the Matriarch's find her. Since no one but the Matriarch's could go into the mountain, and they knew each other wasn't pregnant, it lead to the "no-one/outcast" status.

Yeah, kind of like how the machines moving parts in Cauldrons, something like that maybe with tentacles.

But there were no robots when we got in at the end. I mean, I didnt even see any dead robots. Unless there was a machine that dished her out of the door when everyone was sleeping.

There must have been a dad bot to carry her out and the " The Womb of the Mountain " the grotto, is forbidden to the Nora but the Matriarchs... So yeah, they must have come on morning, never seen the door opened but the baby was there.

zkorejo

I'm pretty sure there is a data log for the servitor that carried Aloy out of the bunker. You can also see the servitor collapsed on the ground just inside the bunker door.

I didn't see anything but then again, I didnt look behind once I was in. I was way too curious to look back at the door.

There must have been a dad bot to carry her out and the " The Womb of the Mountain " the grotto, is forbidden to the Nora but the Matriarchs... So yeah, they must have come on morning, never seen the door opened but the baby was there.

Yeah, its a minor detail but... it was really bothering me that nothing was told about this. But if there is a data log and a dead bot lying at near the door like Niago said, that explains it all.

Rereading the logs, Ted built his own shelter to stay in it seems. So he killed all the Alphas from his bunker. I wonder if he made a program for Hades to wake up if humans were not going the way he wanted them to…

stryke

Just finished the main quest. I was a bit disappointed this was a chosen one type protagonist wrapped up in a "human creates machine, machine loses control and retaliates against humanity" story but I am very impressed by Gonzales' spin on the trope and the current status of the world was very well justified with what happened with Project Zero Dawn/GAIA system.

Overall, I'd the give the game 9/10.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Rereading the logs, Ted built his own shelter to stay in it seems. So he killed all the Alphas from his bunker. I wonder if he made a program for Hades to wake up if humans were not going the way he wanted them to…

I keep thinking of the logs you get when you hack the tallknecks. Reads as something in orbit, pinging the ground, specifically for "GPRIME" who isn't responding. I think one of the latter logs starts saying "Human interference" or something. Maybe the possibility for the Odyssey is reasonable.

I keep thinking of the logs you get when you hack the tallknecks. Reads as something in orbit, pinging the ground, specifically for "GPRIME" who isn't responding. I think one of the latter logs starts saying "Human interference" or something. Maybe the possibility for the Odyssey is reasonable.

But the odyssey blew up when trying to leave… maybe Gaia launched something in orbit?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Speaking of the Odyssey, I wish they didn't blow it up, because that might have been a more intriguing possibility than basically than the post-credits thing.

Speaking of the Odyssey, I wish they didn't blow it up, because that might have been a more intriguing possibility than basically than the post-credits thing.

Hmm would of been interesting that instead of blowing up it would have become inert in space due to some other malfunction yet the computer system would still work.

Baalzebup

I really cannot wait for a sequal. BTW do we know who sent the first signal to make HADES activated and cause GAIA to shut itself ?
No, that was not revealed in any way or form. A very important point in that signal was the fact that it made all the sub-functions go rogue, not just Hades, which is a key factor in the whole Derangement business. That part is completely independent of Hades.

Top Bottom