• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horror Game Leak - Alpha build screen shots and art. Maybe Sony game (not Bend)?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No source for where the images came from, and cites vague Thuway tweets (that don't even link these pictures to them) as the connection to Bend. Man just totally wrote a rumor based off of GAF speculation.

They were sent to Dusk Golem recently as per this thread. All that's happened here is that someone saw this update from a few hours ago and made a story out of it.

scsa

Thank God the leaks are finally happening.
It was pretty silent, doesn't even seen like a pre e3 week.

Interesting art. Let's hope this is showcased at the presser.

Darknight

This must be the "horror" title Shu hinted from one of its first parties. The pics from the other thread linked here shown under update 2 could hint this is being built around Project Morpheus.

So im guessing its a first person survival horror that is getting VR treatment for PS4. Sucks that Bend is not working on Syphon Filter but Im sure this will be a decent game of its own. Seems Sony's confident on what they are working on plus they saw this as the perfect opportunity to use Project Morpheus? We'll have to see at E3.

Theecliff

Banned
GAF -> Internet -> GAF

Fake. Lock it down!
What, the game or the idea that Sony Bend are making it? Because the other thread where it was leaked has quite a few screens and concept art, including one where a character is wearing a Morpheus headset (which is probably how this site formed their rumour):
u1O.jpg

I love Sony and am an adamant supporter. But I do not see the evidence that ties this artwork to Sony. I wish it were so, but wishing will not make it true.

I actually am hoping this is some sort of legitimate return to REAL survival horror.

Like what Dead Space USED to be, before Visceral discarded the concept.

I love Sony and am an adamant supporter. But I do not see the evidence that ties this artwork to Sony. I wish it were so, but wishing will not make it true.

I think the concept art of a character wearing what appears Project Morpheus would be pretty good evidence that this has something to do with Sony.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So Tales from My Ass: E3 2014 Edition?

Pretty much. There's reason enough to assume the tip-offs are Sony-related but saying they're from Bend's PS4 project is nothing but a guess.

As I said, the author wrote a rumor based on GAF speculation. He probably didn't cite GAF because he knew how weird it would be to run guesses as a rumor.

Ah, duh, I missed that part of your post (forgive me, it's 3am here). The article isn't exactly phrased like it's presenting a rumour, though. The author seems reasonably confident.

Relativ9

I love the idea of an open world horror game not focused on horror. This world looks really alien and creepy, kind of gives off a Morrowind vibe to be honest. I'm also stoked that it seems to suggest everything takes place within a cave network, because I'm absolutely fascinated by the beauty and inherent danger of caves. And horror movies that take place in caves are fascinating to me.

Darknight

There is a Horror title in development by one of Sony's 1st parties as hinted by Shu. The Morpheus in one of the artwork seems like its from within Sony as well.

Sony Bend might be working on this since who else could be working on the horror title?

The art design is amazing. It's a mix of Giger and that other painter that I have no idea how to pronounce or spell his name.

EDIT: It's Zdzisław Beksiński.

I call him Zdziffy B for short.

No weapons?

What the fuck, then what are those things on his arms? those are for attaching weapons that could function organically.

That main character or is decomposing showing a more mechanical inside or is a robot that is gaining organic skin materials, both options sounds awesome to me.

Yeah there's a pretty detailed reloading biomech gun in the first post, seems to both inject itself into his arm and also have a tentacle that wraps onto his body. Weird stuff.

Yonafunu

This is the most alien-looking piece of audiovisual media I've ever seen, I think. It's all out alien and "other", there not a single "normal" element to it, even the player character. You never see something going that far.
I'm extremely interested. If this is indeed Sony Bend's game, this is by far the most intriguing PS4 title so far.

Takao

Banned
There is a Horror title in development by one of Sony's 1st parties as hinted by Shu. The Morpheus in one of the artwork seems like its from within Sony as well.

Sony Bend might be working on this since who else could be working on the horror title?

Well, Until Dawn. But the last version of that game we saw had nothing to do with aliens. I believe speculation around the net is that the game's been retooled for Morpheus as well.

Is the only thing tying these screens to Bends new game is thuways tweet about a new horror game?(aside from the morpheus refference) So this could be anything.

syphon filter is still happening! Believe!!

This is the one Dusk Golem posted about the other day? Fucking amazing...like Beksinski and Giger had a child.

Really hope this is true.

kiguel182

That looks so Alien like. I love it.

I don't know if I can stomach an horror game for a long period of time (still haven't finished Outlast) but the art in this looks amazing.

Top Bottom