• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotline Miami 2 launching on March 10

Tainted

It only works with steam wallet I think.

Instructions for Australians to buy the game on Steam:

1- Go to http://store.steampowered.com/app/274170/?cc=us . Add to cart.
2- Go until the "Payment Method" window appears
3- On a separate page, open http://store.steampowered.com/app/274170/?cc=au
4- Go to the "Payment Method" window again and hit "continue"
5- Complete purchase

Nope, didnt work. I've got around $25AUD in steam wallet, and been trying to use that

When I get to step 3, errors out with:

An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region

Looks like I'll be pirating it then...the devs are ok with it lol

MUnited83

For you.
Nope, didnt work. I've got around $25AUD in steam wallet, and been trying to use that

When I get to step 3, errors out with:

Looks like I'll be pirating it then...the devs are ok with it lol

Weird. Should work I think, unless I'm forgetting a step.

Oh well, either way, you could buy it from Nuuvem - ~8$USD

onken

You are completely right that a mouse is a better tool for aiming than a stick. That isn't in question. The problem is that you don't traditionally "aim" in Hotline; you rotate. And the differences between a sticks ability to rotate and a mouse's ability to rotate are much smaller. This also helps with the "neutral position" problem. Why would you ever allow the stick to return to neutral? You should continually be pressing it in the direction you are intending to face.

I use pads for most games but the difference with mouse aiming is completely night and day for HM - let's not pretend here.

Are there any hi-res images of El Huervo's artwork for the Collector's Edition anywhere, specifically of the tiger with the eyeball in its mouth? Preferably without the dividers of each section.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

That's the problem, I'm thinking. Steam wallet is region locked. If you want to get around the region lock, you have to use a credit card number which Valve won't check to see which region it's from.

MUnited83

For you.
That's the problem, I'm thinking. Steam wallet is region locked. If you want to get around the region lock, you have to use a credit card number which Valve won't check to see which region it's from.

It should correct itself after you visit the AU store on a separate page.

t_berta

Neo Member
Goddamn I just went and grabbed a $30 PSN card to prep for this then I realised that I live in Australia. Now I need to buy a US PSN card.

I'm sure theres some wacky VPN stuff you can do, but the devs gave their blessing to you unlucky Aussies:

Wow! That's quite humble of them. Nothing but respect for Johnathan and Devolver. Let me see if I can purchase anymore games from Johnathan and/or Devolver to show my appreciation. I'm glad that Australians are able to play it regardless.

I'm sooo excited to play Hotline Miami 2!

Miletius

So the full digital soundtrack will be after release? I want this, but I want the full version, not the partial version. I'll pick up the game manyana and then buy the full soundtrack later if that's the case.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Using a PC the location detection kicked in on the game's store page, but using an iPad seemed to work fine. Added. Hopefully it downloads and works.

Ozium

Nuuvem changed my activation key from "Pre-order, available 10-03-2015" to "It is not necessary" lol, if you say so Nuuvem.

mine says "Chave ainda não gerada, pode estar havendo um atraso da produtora."

which means "Key not generated yet, there may be a delay in production."

soon

soon

Tainted

It should correct itself after you visit the AU store on a separate page.

That's the issue though, because HM2 isn't listed in the AU store...it errors...so there's nothing to buy

I'll try it with my CC

-edit-

OK..weird. I just tried again using the original method, this time no errors and just went straight through and I paid with my Steam wallet Excellent !

Glitch worked in my favour

Soundtrack is already up on Youtube. It's good. Edit: fixed for newer version of soundtrack

GtC5bjR.gif

I'm very interested in this gif. That looks like a fun dance party, that I wish I was at.

Ozium

this was added to the nuuvem page or maybe I never saw it before:

Chave de ativação estará disponível em 10/03/2015 a partir das 13:00 hrs (BRT)

1pm brazillian time, but if I translate the page it says "13:00pm EDT" which is the store update time of course.. but 1pm brazillian time would be 12pm EDT iirc

AllenShrz

I always but multiplatform games on the PC but this time I'll make the exception.

The last HLM was great on the vita, and the cross buy is just the tipping point.

Helldivers, HLM2, and later Bloodborne in one moth, fuck.

Super hyped! I'm glad I haven't listened to any of the songs yet. :D

Also what price will it be in the US? I'm in Australia and I want to know what PSN card I need to buy off Amazon.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Weird. Should work I think, unless I'm forgetting a step.

It does work. It's just that the link you chose to serve as an AU store switch is the game's store page, so the unavailability error appears, but the checkout process in the other tab continues as normal (which I think is where he stuffed up -- he didn't open a second tab to change the store region). Changing the region back to AU isn't actually necessary if you have a local saved payment method (Steam Wallet credit, AU credit/debit card, and so on), since Steam will do it automatically.

Top Bottom