• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotline Miami 2 launching on March 10

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If I buy this with my usa psn account will I be able to download the vita version on my uk account?

No, since you can't change regions without using your US account on the PSP2.

We haven't had confirmation of what soundtrack kick starter backers are getting right? Its doing my head in, even though I'm getting the vinyls, its all a bit of a kerfuffle.

BashNasty

Really disappointed that neither this or Cities: Skylines is releasing at midnight tonight. I'm not a patient person and I wanted something new to play tonight dammit! Tomorrow is too far away.

Fee

I'm curious why none of the big outlets have reviews up for the game yet, (not that it would have any influence on me buying the game) it's a indie sure, but I would have thought the game has a big enough profile.

epmode

I'm curious why none of the big outlets have reviews up for the game yet, (not that it would have any influence on me buying the game) it's a indie sure, but I would have thought the game has a big enough profile.

I've noticed that a bunch of independent developers play the review-embargo/no-early-release game as well as the big guys.

impact

Banned
I couldn't stand it on Vita. Tried, but ended up finishing on PS4.

Yea that guy is nuts. It's so bad on Vita you have to use lock on to aim because the sticks suck and touch screen to look farther. By far the worst version.

PC master race checking in. When is GMG sending out our codes D:

Tabasco

I wish there was some kind of bundle with this game that includes the first one with at least a small discount or something.

Massa

Yea that guy is nuts. It's so bad on Vita you have to use lock on to aim because the sticks suck and touch screen to look farther. By far the worst version.

Using lock on to aim makes the game much better.

AlexIIDX

I loved it on Vita, to each his own. Touch to lock on was excellent.

epmode

The embargo is AFTER the game is released?
Why aren't more people talking about this

It's only bad when Ubisoft does it?

It would annoy me a lot more if there were pre-order exclusives but it's still pretty shit to have a 10% pre-order discount that goes away the second reviews are live.

The embargo is AFTER the game is released?
Why aren't more people talking about this

I imagine a few reasons:
- Game is not expensive so even if it's bad you won't feel guilty having spent a lot of money on it
- We know the OST is already amazing (and probably worth it just for that)
- I doubt it would be difficult to screw up the gameplay. At worst the story won't be as good as the first

TheSeks

PC has lock on as well (middle mouse), but it's not necessary because the mouse is so precise. Still a useful tool for certain situations.

Dunno about that. I'm really struggling with the guns/aiming at multiple people with them.

Heartfyre

The general critical consensus is that the Vita version was the best version of the game. Having played PC and Vita, I'm prone to agree.

Waiting for the Vita release on Wednesday in Europe. I've been waiting on this for a long time!

impact

Banned
The general critical consensus is that the Vita version was the best version of the game. Having played PC and Vita, I'm prone to agree.

Waiting for the Vita release on Wednesday in Europe. I've been waiting on this for a long time!

Can I get some proof to back up that statement? I'm trying to figure out how the version with the worst controls is the best.

TheSeks

silver 2 hotline miami player?

jk<3

I dunno man. Grab the pistol off someone, five of them rush me. I can take three out but apparently a point blank shot misses one and they nail me. Drives me fucking crazy.

Soundtrack is already up on Youtube. It's good. Edit: fixed for newer version of soundtrack

GtC5bjR.gif

Can I get some proof to back up that statement? I'm trying to figure out how the version with the worst controls is the best.

I don't have any evidence either way other than personal experience. Having cleared it on PC/vita/PS4(in that order) I would say the vita is the clear winner. The different controls make both versions worth playing.

P.S. I always check to make sure auto-aim is off on game start up and I would never play a rockstar game with lock on enabled

MUnited83

For you.

Opinions and preferences are,well,opinions and preferences. I played the game first on PC, then on PS3 and then on Vita. I'd choose the Vita version everyday. And only used the lock-on exactly once( on the Uzi Boss).

So my vinyl box set is trying to be delivered... to a currently spring-break-closed college.

FedEx has failed delivery twice. Anybody know how to let them know to deliver it next Monday without completely screwing up everything?

El_Cinefilo

I played it on pc, ps4 and Vita and by far found it the easiest to control on vita. Didn't use lock on though.

Heartfyre

No problem. It's more of a divided opinion than I realised, but it didn't take long to find examples.

Destructoid:

On the Vita, you can even use multi-touch to scroll the screen and lock-on at the same time, which is an excellent design decision to help cement Sony's portable as the best platform for the game right now.

USGamer:

I have absolutely no idea how you philistines have been playing Hotline Miami with a mouse and keyboard this entire time. I salute your ability to walk uphill both ways in a snowstorm. You are my heroes, doing things I don&#8217;t have to do.

I&#8217;m kidding a bit in my previous statements, but after playing Hotline Miami for the PlayStation Vita, I feel quite strongly that it&#8217;s the superior version. The team at Dennaton Games has smoothed out the controls of an already excellent title. If you own the PC version, Hotline Miami on PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3 - viva la cross-buy! - is worth a repurchase.

Inside Gamer

If you have a choice, play it on a Vita. The touch screen enhances the controls just enough to where it is deemed more easily playable.

Some do say the analogue sticks in all of the console versions aren't as good as the PC, but the Vita is the best of them.

Gamespot (Danny O'Dwyer):

The analogue sticks on the PS3 struggle to match the accuracy of the PC's mouse control. But the VITA version works just fine (smaller sticks). Both versions are great, even if the PS3 is a little handicapped due to the innacuracy.

Though looking in the comments there show lots of users preferring the Vita version too.

I beat it on Vita and PC and preferred Vita due to OLED and a quick swipe of the thumb to look farther was all I ever needed.

I thought lock on was useless outside of the sparse boss battles, though, so what do I know.

Shahadan

I remember many people, myself included, liking the first game much more after finding out about the lock or switching to a controller.

The game clicked for some people only at that moment.

impact

Banned
so strange... especially something like this

The analogue sticks on the PS3 struggle to match the accuracy of the PC's mouse control. But the VITA version works just fine (smaller sticks).

So analogs struggle to match PC, yet the smaller more inaccurate analog sticks work just fine? I don't expect anything from GameSpot but yeesh....

Meneses

Adding my 2 cents to the discussion, I played all 3 versions and I prefer the PC.

Couldn't really get into the Vita version, but then again I dislike almost everything action-oriented there, those sticks are just not for me.

The mouse controls don't add too much to hotline miami; the game uses a twin stick shooter control scheme. as long as you can rotate quickly (which you definitely can with the vita sticks) you are well equipped to deal with what the game throws at you.

Top Bottom