• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hotline Miami 2 launching on March 10

5amshift

Banned
Is this dropping at midnight or when the store updates tomorrow evening? I figured the would've wanted a midnight release of this thing.

jtfxtp.gif

s10e12_480.jpg

Thanks to the kind poster that replied to me last page :)

Should I expect the PSN release to be different than the Steam release?

SJRB

Gold Member
So there's going to be an official, complete soundtrack, right?

Because there's EPs from all kinds of artists all over iTunes and BandCamp but I don't want my music fragmented like that.

Anyone know a good YT link to the first game walkthrough which isn't a let's play and doesn't skip the story cutscenes? Can't seem to find any good link for a refresher on the story. Either they are LP videos or they skip the story cutscenes..

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Free us from our shackles, O' Wise and Powerful Fork Parker! Hear our pleas and bless us with a sudden Midnight launch ;-;

It's happened before. I can dream.

MUnited83

For you.
anyone who hasnt played the original on the vita is missing out... i triple dipped this game and it is 100x better on the vita than ps3/PC
I agree! But this time I bought it on PC, just because of the level editor which will be sure to give many, many ,many more hours of gameplay. Will pickup the Vita version the second it goes on a bigger sale though.

theRizzle

I have seen quite a few gaffers say that they preferred the Vita version of the first game over all others. I thought it was the worst version of it I'd played (PC, PS4, Vita). Something about the Vita sticks made playing it a total bummer. I tried it again recently as I have been traveling quite a bit for work and I still find it inferior to the other versions. I am curious as to why exactly some of you guys think the Vita experience is superior.

That said, I am so hyped for tomorrow. I am gonna use that $15 PSN credit I got. Thanks Sony!

ScOULaris

Am I the only one who is really bummed about the editor being delayed? I feel like I am alone in that sentiment.

I was looking forward to digging right into it after the game launched, and I feel like HM2 launching as a complete package would have just felt better. I'm still excited for the game, but finding out today that the editor won't be coming until later on took some of the wind out of my sails for sure.

I think I'll get this on PS4 instead of PC. Dat sweet Vita cross-buy! So GTA5 heists and this game on the same day, goddman!

Does it say anywhere on there when they charge? I really want that Papers, Please one and I'll order right now if they charge at shipment. Looks so good.

Assuming that they meet the required quantity of orders, then they'll charge when the timer runs out (so, midnight GMT Thursday 9th April).

So it'll release tomorrow around midnight for me. I can't think of a better time to start it like this honestly. Going to make the sleep so worth it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Huh. Windows and Dogs are counted even if you die before a checkpoint if the Steam
achievement manager
stats function is to be believed. I guess I just haven't hit the 99 dogs and 200 or so Windows on the Playstation version of HM1 yet then.

NotLiquid

Thinking about picking this up. Are there any new features in the sequel?

The masks in the game now provide more drastic differences. While each of the masks in the previous game only really provided a "perk" to the character, the selectable masks this time around (which are all different people as opposed to one guy with a stash of masks) provide distinct game play changes. Tony from the previous game returns with his killer fists intact but because of that huge buff he's unable to carry any weapons. Mark allows you to dual-wield guns and fire in different directions. Corey adds the ability to do a dodge roll. Alex and Ash are perhaps the most unique, as you literally control two characters; one which wields a chainsaw for melee encounters and one which has a gun which you can aim with for long distance pickings. All of those characters can be viewed in the trailer.

Other than that the game play is mostly more of the same, but with more characters and differentiating game play segments, plus a bigger focus on story.

Top Bottom