• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House Intel chair says no evidence of Trump wiretap, FBI Director testifying Mar 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
House intel chairman: No evidence of wiretapping claim
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/14/politics/wiretapping-congressional-investigation/index.html
(CNN)House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes said Wednesday that neither he nor the ranking Democrat on the committee have seen any evidence that then-President Barack Obama wiretapped Donald Trump last year, and want the Justice Department to respond to their requests from information by March 20.

"We don't have any evidence that that took place and in fact I don't believe -- just in the last week of time, the people we've talked to -- I don't think there was an actual tap of Trump Tower," Nunes said at a news conference, in reference to the baseless claim originally made by Trump several weeks ago.

FBI Director James Comey will testify at their March 20 hearing and that there will be a second hearing in the committee March 28.

Amir0x

Banned
oh so sad Trump.

Well Nunes didn't confirm the microwave wasn't spying on trump, so this is not over yet

WedgeX

Banned
House GOP forced to clear Obama? Man, that must feel bad for them. No matter how ridiculous Trump is.

oh so sad Trump.

Well Nunes didn't confirm the microwave wasn't spying on trump, so this is not over yet

I'm not convinced that Trump has ever actually used, or perhaps even seen, a microwave.

RPGCrazied

Trump is a liar, who knew? Its all he does is lie in hopes it betters himself. He has no views on anything, just goes with the wind and lies.

Pretty pathetic really.

Apathy

I still can't believe it's only been 2 months since he took office and it just keeps getting worse on a daily basis

The thread title is misleading. it should say no evidence of a Obama wiretap. I am sure Trump has wiretaps all over the fucking place.

Steel

Banned
Can this baseless accusation alone lead to impeachment or at best is it just building the case against him?

Technically a president can be impeached for no reason at all other than the majority of Congress not liking the cut of their jib. Or a president could kill someone and not get impeached because Congress loves them.

Would be nice if Obama would make an official statement on this whole thing. I know he doesn't want to get baited into an Obama vs.Trump distraction campaign, but this may actually lead to Trump being charged with something. Or at the very least, forcing him to make a public apology and/or recanting his claims.

Technically a president can be impeached for no reason at all other than the majority of Congress not liking the cut of their jib. Or a president could kill someone and not get impeached because Congress loves them.

How the hell did Obama never get impeached then when every GoP congressman hated his guts?

Amir0x

Banned
How the hell did Obama never get impeached then when every GoP congressman hated his guts?

because it would have been a waste of political capital, because Obama was very popular in his last term, and they never would have got the 67 votes necessary in the Senate to pass it.

Kaladin

So basically unless he really pisses the GOP off, we have to wait 2 years for the potential of a democratic congress.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Speaking of microwave, I had a colleague professor who was working with DOE and Navy to derive the mathematics for microwave imaging. It is similar to CT but using electromagnetic waves whose wavelengths fall into the microwave range. It is widely accepted as the most non-intrusive and non-destructive way to looking at cracks in planes, looking for bombs, and even surveil.

Guess some of the current WH ppl could possibly get these types of info from Navy or Air force, grasped the key words, but are too illiterate to tell the difference.

Amir0x

Banned
So basically unless he really pisses the GOP off, we have to wait 2 years for the potential of a democratic congress.

and spoiler alert, we're not going to have a Democratic Congress in two years. If anything it'll get slightly worse in the Senate.

RPGCrazied

The amount of time and resources this administration is wasting is staggering.

What has he done since being President but shouting out conspiracy theories? The wall? Failed. Healthcare? Failed. Travel ban? Failed. So whatever he tries to do with tax reform probably is going to fail.

He is nothing but a fail President.

Trump is a liar, who knew? Its all he does is lie in hopes it betters himself. He has no views on anything, just goes with the wind and lies.

Pretty pathetic really.

What's pathetic is the amount of american's who bought into his bullshit from the start and continue to defend him.

All these constant lies by our POTS. If Obama would've said .001% of the shit coming out out of 45's pie hole, he would've been impeached immediately. This is why the midterms are so important.

And we'll still have citizens that support this human garbage.

Amir0x

Banned
What has he done since being President but shouting out conspiracy theories? The wall? Failed. Healthcare? Failed. Travel ban? Failed. So whatever he tries to do with tax reform probably is going to fail.

He is nothing but a fail President.

i mean I'll give Trump this one thing, he's only been president for a very short amount of time. Legislation takes time. No doubt his first days have been waaay more ridiculous and awful than other presidents, and he's made his job even tougher... but it's still too early to say all of this has failed :p

Ac30

The Maddow fuck up lasted all of 12 hours, this will probably steal the show. Thank God for the idiot in chief.

kirblar

i mean I'll give Trump this one thing, he's only been president for a very short amount of time. Legislation takes time. No doubt his first days have been waaay more ridiculous and awful than other presidents, and he's made his job even tougher... but it's still too early to say all of this has failed :p
He's getting far, far less accomplished than other Presidents because no one at either the WH or in Ryans's office knows how to get anything done. And McConnell is being smart and just turtling till this shit is over with.

Amir0x

Banned
He's getting far, far less accomplished than other Presidents because no one at either the WH or in Ryans's office knows how to get anything done. And McConnell is being smart and just turtling till this shit is over with.

Oh I fully agree. I just think we're too early to say all of this agenda of his has failed. Plenty of time to rally Republicans behind more evil shit before 2018 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom