• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Secret Agent Nunes still at it - threatens to hold AG, FBI chief in contempt

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/09/05/...nce-committee-subpoena-fbi-justice/index.html

(CNN) House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes lashed out at Attorney General Jeff Sessions last week in a letter where he threatened Sessions with a public grilling if he doesn't produce documents about the Russia dossier to the House intelligence committee.

Nunes, who despite stepping aside from directing the House Russia investigation has been leading his own separate investigation, accused Sessions and the FBI of stonewalling him repeatedly in a September 1 letter obtained by CNN. In the letter, he threatened to drag Sessions and FBI Director Christopher Wray before the committee for a public grilling and hold them in contempt of Congress -- a jailable offense -- if they don't hand over the documents.

The House intelligence committee issued a pair of subpoenas last month seeking documentation of whether the FBI or Justice Department used material from the dossier compiled by former British intelligence agent Christopher Steele as part of the federal investigation into possible collusion between the campaign of President Donald Trump and the Kremlin. Nunes also writes that he subpoenaed to discover whether information from the Russia dossier was used in the crafting of applications to conduct surveillance under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

Someone wants to know which part of the dossier are confirmed true and how. I'm sure Russian Intelligence does too

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Remember when Nunes "recused" himself from Russia related stuff, but didn't because he actually said he was just "stepping away for a bit"

Good times.

lol wtf, why is he going after Sessions

because Sessions recused himself from all things Russia and at the end of the Day Sessions mIght be a Race hating facist, but he's loyal to America. in some twisted way.

Trump wants Sessions out, and by the looks of this email and letter it looks like trump is regretting Wray and wants yes men in those seats.

Nunes wants the documents to hand them over to Trump so Trump and team can build a case against mueller and the charges that might follow

Beartruck

I thought Nunes was resigning soon as in leaving congress? Was it just resigning from the Russia investigation committee?

kevin1025

Banned
So sleeper agent Nunes has been reawakened by Trump and is doing his bidding again! It'll be fun to see him scurrying to the White House over and over again.

Blader

Nunes, who despite stepping aside from directing the House Russia investigation has been leading his own separate investigation

Huh?! How can a congressman just lead his own personal investigation?

Under normal circumstances, law enforcement should defer to such requests from elected officials... they're not a sovereign entity who can decide what is and isn't fit for political oversight.

But if said official is a tool of the compromised and possibly treasonous administration you're investigating, it gets real weird, real fast.

Beartruck

you're confusing Nunez with Chaffetz.

what Nunez said was that "He'll think about recusing himself" and never did

Ah, right, sorry, shouldn't browse GAF before the coffee kicks in.

I don't trust Nunes here. It sounds like he's trying to do the right thing here, but everything about his past actions have been suspicious.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member

You might've missed it, but consequences, accountability and the rule of law aren't really things anymore

I don't trust Nunes here. It sounds like he's trying to do the right thing here, but everything about his past actions have been suspicious.

I'd be willing to say that everything about his past actions would indicate that he's not at all trying to do the right thing

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I picture him sitting outside the FBI in a dark, unmarked vehicle just watching people.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Nunes couldn't do the right thing if stubbing your toe in the dark was the right thing.

Isn't he? :/ He doesn't seem to be asserting anything except what has been reported, but I don't want to spread misinformation so correct me if I'm wrong. He's not part of the Mensch group.

This is just Abramson's speculation. No one really knows what his motive is.

There is alll sorts of obstruction happening with Mueller's case, intentional or not:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/09/05/politics/russia-mueller-hill/index.html

(CNN) Lawyers working with a team led by special counsel Robert Mueller approached the Senate intelligence committee this summer with a request: They wanted the transcript of an interview Senate staff had conducted with former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

But they were blocked. Manafort's lawyers said they had not authorized Mueller's legal team to access the interview transcript under the agreement with the committee, even though Mueller's attorneys said they had been given permission. The matter is still under discussion, sources say.

Apparently Congress may have given Manafort's testimony immunity.

Blader

You might've missed it, but consequences, accountability and the rule of law aren't really things anymore

I don't even mean it like that, I mean, how in the hell does a single congressman have the resources or ability to conduct his own personal intelligence investigation?

Top Bottom