• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hover: RoG | Mirror's Edge+Jet Set Radio; Naganuma onboard (PC/Consoles); Kickstarter

hover_logo.png

Site
Kickstarter
Greenlight (Already Greenlit!)
IndieDB

Trailer 1
Trailer 2
Kickstarter video

95457937_o.png

Between the crazy Jet Set Radio, the interactivity of Mirror's Edge and inspired by films like "The Fifth Element" or "Star Wars", Hover let you play as a Gamer Team from another world, appalled at the dictatorship in their city.

Totally free in a large futuristic open world city and wearing a special high-tech suit offering you the ability to move around unlike anyone, you will have to impress all the Gamers of the City doing crazy Triks and "Parkours" in order to recruit an impressive team and enrole in more serious missions to overthrow the tyranny.

You will have to locate and infiltrate in the control centers of the anti-video games propaganda, free the citizens confined by the authorities, get back the consoles confiscated from the population, andfinally dethrone the new Mayor at the origin of this whole mess. Many security drones are patrolling city so be alert to the risk of being chased, and be prepared to shake off them.

Each Gamer you recruit in your team is playable and the experience gained can be used to upgrade their stats.

You will be able to switch into the multipayer mode just by connecting to a server. Cooperate with other players in missions or challenge them in fully configurable events (for example you can create race tracks in real time).

• Crazy sensations of freedom and movement
    [*]In a 100% explorable openworld inside a vast futuristic extra-terrestrial city
    [*]Colorful cartoon HD graphics
    [*]Numerous characters to unlock and play
    [*]An experience system and a skill grid per character
    [*]Join various clans
    [*]A dynamic scenarisation without interruptions
    [*]Non linear adventure and missions
    [*]The game can be switched to multiplayer at any time
    [*]Ability to create real time multiplayer events
    [*]First and third person view
    [*]Compatible and particularly adapted to the Oculus Rift
    [*]Gameplay technique through a quick and intuitive handling
    [*]Soundtrack by Hideki Naganuma - the great composer of Jet Set Radio and many other SEGA titles
    [*]Planned for PC/Mac/Linux, Xbox One, PS4. Specific version for the Wii U including asymmetric gameplay and local multiplayer modes if the WiiU stretch goal is completed

Devs on Wii U:
    Also the Wii U is by far less powerful than XB1 and PS4 and have less memory, also our engine is not in the same version on PC/PS4/XB1. The Wii U version is an older version, we are already working on Wii U but for all that reasons and the asymetric gameplay we want to create, the Wii U version IS another version it require us to "recreate" the game especially for Wii U when other platforms is basically a one button export, and that justify the very reason of the goal, it's a real challenge and it deserve to be a higher goal.
A fun and Cartoon Style
There is first and foremost the wish to see some crazy and fun games again, like Jet Set Radio was in its time. A universe style as well as an ambiance that seems to have dissapeared these past years. We want to show a similar artistic courage.

Immersive and dynamic sensations
A few years back, we amongst many others have been highly impressed by Mirror's Edge and the new sensations it was bringing in. We've realised that parkour games were now possible and worth being democratised. With Hover we intend to bring the subjective parkour game's towards a new path, the one of arcade, open world and multiplayer

Grandiose and technologic environment
Inspired not only by videos games, some of Hover's principles come directly from movies and more particularily science fiction ones, such as the 5th Element or Star Wars. It was a real fantasy for us to some day have a vast futuristic city entirely explorable in a game, made out of all the archetypes of the genre like gigantic buildings with saturated shades and lighting or the numerous flying cars furrowing the sky. Most of the games released until now only offered simplified backgrounds with too little interaction. With Hover, we have as goal to immerse you deeply into a vast futuristic 100% explorable city.

Crazy movements
Free to explore Hover City at will and equipped with a high-tech suit, your Gamer will be able to run at crazy speed, slide, bounce, push off walls and realize incredible jumps allowing him to play with the city's verticality.

Tricks, combos and Stunning Aura
Impress the gamers by realizing grinds and crazy tricks showing everyone who's the Resistance's leader. During a multiplayer mission, realize incredible combos to generate Stunning Auras which will lower your opponents' moral and boost your allies' statistics

Experience, skill grid and equipment
Gain experience and unlock new abilites improving the aptitudes of previously recruited Gamers. Earn money to buy some equipment into the city's shops as well.

Online multiplayer, cooperative, competitive and creative
Join your friends online at any time and progress throughout the adventure in their company, whether you are cooperating or working against them. Participate in race events or scoring battles created in real time by the community as well.
Hover: Revolt of Gamers wishes itself to be dynamic and non linear.
Unlock new playable characters
You'll be able to recruit numerous Gamers to strenghten the ranks of the Resistance. Before joining you, each Gamer will give you a challenge that you'll have to take. A race, a score to beat or an object to collect... there are numerous and diversified challenges.
Save the citizen and shake the police off
During a trip, it won't be uncommon to cross some citizen in distress getting arrested by security drones for possession of video games. It'll be up to you to save them by drawing drones' attention to yourself. Thanks to their movement suits, Gamers can escape better than anyone. Saving citizens will be a good way of gleaning useful informations for the Resistance's missions.
Pick your side in multiplayer
Whatever the mission type might be, you can once you are in multiplayer join police forces. Now that you are a security agent, equip yourself with paralysing grenades and hunt the Gamers down to anihilate the Resistance.
Explore the city seeking the confiscated gaming consoles
The gaming consoles have been confiscated !If sometimes finding warehouses in which they are hidden will be enough, Gamers might have to take serious risks by chasing aerial trains conveying consoles from one warehouse to another.
Infiltration
Locate the drone's control center, find the best way to infiltrate them and don't get spotted by their numerous security systems.
Sabotage the anti video games propaganda
The Mayor has put in place a prominant propaganda being conveyed through information screens spread out throughout the city's streets. Reach the sometimes high-perched screens to sabotage their streaming system, replacing them with messages of peace and freedom.
Become the leader of the Resistance
In solo like in multiplayer, participate to numerous challenges like races or scoring battles to show who's best and who's got more style.
Bring the tyranny down
Free Hover City's neighbourhoods one by one until having reached the untakeable fortress in which the Mayor hides. Throw him off of his throne and put an end to his dictatorship.

Stretch Goals

10001199_571157919670927_972060856_o.png

Looks at trailers,
Wii U,
Hideki Naganuma.

Definitely backing this and probably my first successful game kickstarter. Jet Set Radio Future is one of my favorites games of all time thanks a lot to its music. More colorful stylized games are welcomed as well.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
it looks ok for alpha i guess.....
the trailer looked pretty boring IMO, it looks like you just jump around the map doing "tricks". If anything, it looks like it could be a fun racing game.....which is not the kind game i think it is.

You will have to locate and infiltrate in the control centers of the anti-video games propaganda, free the citizens confined by the authorities, get back the consoles confiscated from the population, and finally dethrone the new Mayor at the origin of this whole mess. Many security drones are patrolling city so be alert to the risk of being chased, and be prepared to shake off them.
The above kinda sounds lame to me..... but Hideki Naganuma is a plus!

RSB

Banned
This looks amazing. Unless something goes terribly wrong in the development of the game, I'm in.

Oh, and Hideki Naganuma being part of this makes it even better. Day 1 for me, easy.

patientx

Not completely related to this game but, do developers have a way to use Oculus Rift with Wii U? I mean for example can rift covert a sbs video/image to its own automatically or developers need to do this all by code? I am trying to build a OC clone and the basic element of this thing is taking a sbs image/video and showing it with the lenses / screen to your eyes in such way that you see it as 3d. I know there is also a head/movement tracking side which might be the hard part -maybe the impossible part- on devices that do not natively support rift ? Sorry for the mess of a question, hopefully I explained enough.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Jet Set Radio
Mirror's Edge
Wii U
HIDEKI NAGANUMA

Where do I put my credit card number?

impact

Banned
Fitting that the KS starts on 4/20

Never backed a KS and likely never will, but I'll be day one on Steam. This looks too awesome.

GoaThief

If it features a race mode I'd definitely get behind the Kickstarter straight away. Think I might well anyway.

An option to lock competitors to first person view in multiplayer would be appreciated too.

Atomski

Looks great, hard to imagine playing something like this with Oculus Rift.. speed and heights sounds like a vomitfest.

Quasar

You know, this makes me wonder. Has there been a kickstarter where the console version was knocked back by the platform holder? OR are they all getting the nod before even offering a console version as part of a kickstarter?

Looks great, hard to imagine playing something like this with Oculus Rift.. speed and heights sounds like a vomitfest.
From IndieDB:

1889031_527019604084759_695495644_o.png

It's an alpha version but we can already play with Oculus Rift because we are developing from the beginning with it :)

We worked hard on how to make players feel NOT sick while playing, especially because our game is very dynamic.

The depth of field is hugely impressive with Oculus!

You know, this makes me wonder. Has there been a kickstarter where the console version was knocked back by the platform holder? OR are they all getting the nod before even offering a console version as part of a kickstarter?
According to a Tweet reply last month:
Yes we are already working on these platforms but i can't say anything more since we are under NDA

Quasar

According to a Tweet reply last month:

Right. I wasn't particularly concerned about this project, just overall. I suppose platform owners, especially Sony, would be pretty unwilling to knock back a game that came up like this simply due to the negative PR it might generate.

trixx

Looks great. Thankfully they also have third-person camera. The combination of the colours/art style, first person and speed made me feel sick

Village

I like the colors, I like the concept, I like hideki

Those character designs look like Saturday morning ew. And that's saying something considering Jet set radio was pretty meh on alot of the character designs and in some cases kind of offensive.

Aaron

I don't like the 2D art, but gameplay looks great, and there's at least a chance of an unbelievable soundtrack.

Naganuma's involvement pulled me over the fence. Definitely supporting this.

Only things I don't like are the character designs. Some of them look okay, but overall... nothing special.

Do you think I can shorten Jet Set Radio to JSR in the title? Will most people know what that stands for?

"Hover: Revolt of Gamers | Mirror's Edge + Jet Set Radio; Naganuma (PC/Consoles);on KS"

"Hover: Revolt of Gamers | Mirror's Edge + JSR; Naganuma onboard (PC/Consoles); on KS"

Corpekata

Banned
Do you think I can shorten Jet Set Radio to JSR in the title? Will most people know what that stands for?

"Hover: Revolt of Gamers | Mirror's Edge + Jet Set Radio; Naganuma (PC/Consoles);on KS"

"Hover: Revolt of Gamers | Mirror's Edge + JSR; Naganuma onboard (PC/Consoles); on KS"

It's abbreviate Revolt of Gamers over JSR really.

Top Bottom