• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How big is PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds for Xbox this Autumn?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
They are gonna market the shit out of it. And just like anything WOM travels fast nowadays.

Look at Minecraft on Xbox for example.

That remains to be seen. If anyone can market the shit out of something it's Microsoft. But they also have a new console to push as well as Forza. I can see their own products getting the lion's share of the marketing push.

Budi

H1 is doing huge numbers. 100k peaks everyday. Which means battle royal games are peaking at over 1 million players daily.
Dayz standalone is also still alive, it's especially doing well when we consider that it's been in early access for 4 years and people still aren't fed up with it. I'd assume people also still play the mod too. And while DayZ was a suprise hit, it's never been nowhere close to the numbers PUBG or even H1Z1 got.

gamz

That remains to be seen. If anyone can market the shit out of something it's Microsoft. But they also have a new console to push as well as Forza. I can see their own products getting the lion's share of the marketing push.

Not if Ybarra has any say in it. LOL!

Vipu

Banned
Cross play with PC would be a real nice feature. My PC can't even run this game and while I plan on building a new one, a $250 system where I can play this game with my friends would be a great alternative.

Crossplay with console + pc is never good idea unless its cardgame or something like that.

There have to be somekind of aim assist on console to make it "fair" but then again its not fair, it never will and thats why there should not be crossplay.

cackhyena

Crossplay with console + pc is never good idea unless its cardgame or something like that.

There have to be somekind of aim assist on console to make it "fair" but then again its not fair, it never will and thats why there should not be crossplay.
If MS is allowing m+kb on Xbox, and they already encourage cross play more than any other company, you're getting it.

Vipu

Banned
If MS is allowing m+kb on Xbox, and they already encourage cross play more than any other company, you're getting it.

m+kb is fine then and crossplay too, as long as there is not any kind of aim assists.
Then pad people will be just in huge disadvantage.

Head.spawn

Is it?

How often does the hardcore PC and hardcore console community overlap?

I don't see too much demand for DOTA 2, WoW or LoL on consoles and Counter Strike isn't one of the higher played games on console.

PC success doesn't in any way guarantee console success and vice versa.

I'd kill for LoL on console (it would need kb/m though)... also, if they put a decent Counter Strike port with ample support, people would play it. Has Valve ever released anything on console that they didn't half-ass support for or have a bunch of bs reasons why they weren't updating? From Condition Zero to Orange Box to CS:GO, it's always the same shit.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I'd kill for LoL on console (it would need kb/m though)... also, if they put a decent Counter Strike port with ample support, people would play it. Has Valve ever released anything on console that they didn't half-ass support for or have a bunch of bs reasons why they weren't updating? From Condition Zero to Orange Box to CS:GO, it's always the same shit.

Wasn't Left 4 Dead well done?

Swarna

Maybe the player counts didn't facilitate the certification costs and general update barriers of the times? But yes, it could have been a case of a self-fulfilling prophecy. However, back in the 360/PS3 days, multiplayer FPS on consoles rarely got updates in general and didn't change too much from launch. I don't think the update rates of Valve titles differed too greatly from other games on those platforms. So I think it is perfectly reasonable to argue that the games wouldn't have done too great on them in any case (L4D series being the exception).

Aselith

Preview Program?

They're bringing the "early access" bullshit to consoles? Does Sony have something similar?

Yes, Fortnite is Early Access

Is paragon and fortnite really considered early access titles? I consider them games as services more than anything

This is true. It's a service to which you are being given early access before it's fully created. Definitely not early access titles...

Leyasu

Banned
If Microsoft market this right, then it could be big.

I can't wait to get playing on their dedicated servers... I hope that they region lock it.

If Microsoft market this right, then it could be big.

I can't wait to get playing on their dedicated servers... I hope that they region lock it.

I think they will. This is easily the biggest exclusive for a console I've seen in a long time. Mario Odyssey will be bigger, though.

I think it will do well, it's in game preview so it's not a full release and of course updates will be on a regular basis. Game previews don't have achievements (they haven't on Astroneer and others I have played anyway) so any gamerscore hunters will have to wait.

Are achievement hunters interested in multiplayer-only in the first place?

I'm not even sure what kind of achievements this could have to entice that group.

I guess I'd like to see

Flip 3 cars and die to the circle
Saved by the pan 10 times in a single round
Do a back-flip with a bike while getting a headshot with Kar98 and then die from falling

Ha ha ha I know some pretty hardcore Achievement/trophy guys. I remember helping a few out with Gears of War horde Achievements, those were tough !

If the controls are really responsive (sub or 100ms) and good fine tuned like a metal Gear 5, it could be really big. If it controls like shit I ain't touching it

Theorry

Xbox most played in US and UK. Fortnite very high. Sure its free. But there is for sure quite a audience for it.

us3cs0t.png

uksbs6d.png

Top Bottom