• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How can 20 dollar budget CW do a better Flash costume then the JL? Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always annoyed when Flash has plated armor. As someone who thinks a lot about the concepts behind character designs, the idea of it feels really off for a character that's all about mobility and running. Same thing when they give him boots instead of something like running shoes which the comics are guilty of a lot. Considering it's usually made by the Speed Force, I think an approach that looks more like a suit of lean muscle would be cool. Kind of like the Green Lantern movie suits, but designed better.

CW looks like a TV outfit, but it looks like The Flash.

JL looks like a pair of Lebrons had a baby with an Iron Man suit.

CW wins.

Lebrons are great shoes though. Great friction on the court too for dribbing maneuvers. So...are you saying the JL costume is better?👀

While the more red Flash outfit that was shown lately is better than the maroon crap he normally wears, I still think the JL suit is better.

... Are you sure you don't have JL/CW mixed up here? The main complaint about the CW outfit is that he looks like any cosplayer at a con.
I've explained this earlier in the thread. The JL suit actually is homemade. That's why it's made from NASA scraps. It's not to protect him. It's material used to protect the suit from high-temps and the wires are for elasticity to keep his movements from being restricted. He gets another suit made by Bruce later in the film that we haven't seen yet.

JimiNutz

Banned
I prefer the movie suit.
They could tone down the shine a bit and it is a little over designed but it still looks better than the cheap suit on the TV show which looks like high end cosplay.

NotLiquid

It was Cyborg,Cyborg was the bad one
QSU1tvCwQMTKw4z1GmlxFlHSZ5pW-ZXRAnAHEWWESsJiZ1BR6mU-DIz0OlWE_PR8UVMBfL_H3chPBOIeGi8wawvjVF5ak2qKmR0mUslv7neXOSuYT6GqFPBokjQ4Lr_Gt-_uCYEgaPGjZU7brwI0DHrlax19biw=w500-h280-nc

Bayformers have more readable designs than this

trikster40

To be fair, DCEU is going up against much more dangerous foes, hence the armor. As for the wires, who knows. Maybe they'll explain.

Glass Rebel

Loving the DCEU hate backlash, it makes the fans of this universe look even sillier when they defend shit like JL Flash and Cyborg.

The technology developed by Wayne Tech consists of strategically placed filaments that function like cables on a suspension bridge to offer support precisely where it’s needed.

These hyper strong kinetic Flywire filaments are applied to a minimalistic suit upper, reducing weight to create Wayne Tech's lightest material ever.

Paper-thin fabric that is highly malleable covers the user amplifying energy while reducing friction fatigue, with Wayne Tech Flywire filaments attaching to the suit to nerve endings maximizing transference and reducing latency.

Developed by Lucius Fox.

Explained here.

Good lord.

They're just abusing DCEU fans at this point

CW is a bit too baggy, and it absolutely looks like something made by a tailor with common materials rather than some wiz kid invention. Better design , but not better execution. I think the CW costume looks the best when Barry is entirely CG.

JL looks like an armor, Helmet looks better, but the design is a bit too much like a Lambo and running shoes combined, gives a "fast vibe" but it gives a bigger "we crammed as much as we could" vibe . Sure they could have done a better job making the CW design, but I think in the end it will still look better on screen than the other. At least its reds are redder.

now Savitar from the TV show, that's is a disaster.

Ashhong

It's supposed to be homemade and from pieces of a NASA shuttle or something. The wires could be there to help keep everything together? Who knows. But there is supposed to be a 2nd version of the suit in JL so the discussion is kind of moot

I remember in the old days when CGI was new, people kept saying it would replace practical effects because it would be cheaper as everything is done on a computer. $2-3 million per episode? Wow.

TV shows have about 3-4x the amount of shots and cuts now than they used to. They also shoot on location a lot more than they used to. I see The Flash trucks circling a location during the summer months and the crew is pretty huge. TV has gotten expensive not because of effect but because the bar for production has only been raised and I blame and salute HBO and Bruckheimer for that.

MisterHero

You all scoff at comics spandex look in the movies, but frictionless material would probably resemble the one-piece Silver Age/Alex Ross look. >_>

Plus he'd probably have goggles, but Flash doesn't traditionally wear goggles

HeatBoost

It amazes me how the movie Wonder Woman look is so spot-on when everyone else is some combination of either overwrought or bulky.

I mean, Cyborg. Fucking Cyborg, dude. It's like someone stuck 1/3rd of an uncanny valley head inside on top of a Transformer from the first Michael Bay movie.

nOoblet16

It's the extreme obsession of making every suit component look like it's bulky shiny metal/carbon fibre/whatever bullshit. This is very common in video games as well (look at Batman's suit in Arkham Knight Vs Arkham City). It makes you wonder how the fuck can they move and articulate their body properly with all that shit on them?

Flash doesn't need armour, dude has the biggest armour of all...speedforce. He just needs a suit.

nOoblet16

To be fair, DCEU is going up against much more dangerous foes, hence the armor. As for the wires, who knows. Maybe they'll explain.
Flash has speedforce as his armour, and if he somehow still needs more then nothing that suit can provide will do any good to him anyways.

nOoblet16

The CW CGI is good enough when you watch it on TV, it's not meant to be seen again and again and certainly not in gif format where it's slow. There is a reason the TV Flash avoids slow mo shots as much as possible and keeps things fast, that way you don't end up spending a lot of time looking at one thing which makes the flaws apparent when watching it live.

That Savitar gift that was posted as an example of bad CGI, it's shot that's in slow mo while they are already in super speed..plus the gift slows it down even further. Ofcourse it'd look odd. But when you see it on TV and watch it normally it is COMPLETELY fine.

I've seen the JL Flash run and often I can't even see even his streak properly (don't say that's the point because he is fast), I don't see him because there's too much shit and weird lightning around as noise. The CW Flash has a bit subdued orange lightning which is easier on the eye and the lightning isn't too crazy that it makes it hard to see....even when all you can see is a streak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom