• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you rate the PSX conference this year?

Zia

: )

Death Stranding
The Last Guardian
NieR: Automata got a release date.
PaRappa the Rapper remaster looks nice.
The Last of Us didn't need a sequel but honestly it looks kind of swell.

: |

Wipeout. It'll be nice to play it on the PS4 but it would've also been nice to just play it via backwards compatibility. Or, you know, play an upgraded versions with some new things ported by the actual dev team.

: (

Shawn Layden
Acknowledgement of PlayStation Vita.
The Pyre trailer was kind of throwaway.
Knack 2.
Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite looks terrible.
Weak indie lineup.
The Uncharted sidestory reveal found a way to make Uncharted even more boring.
Crash Bandicoot looks like an autopilot remaster of some really bad games.
We finally get Windjammers and it's a DotEmu port.
Gross third-party exclusivity windows.
Nobody cares about competitive COD.
I know it's a relatively poor headset but the PSVR presence was very weak.

4/10

- Yakuza Western release heaven
- Danganronpa V3 coming West next year
- Nier Automata release date
- New Ni No Kuni II trailer
- Parappa, Loco Roco, Patapon Remasters
- A Vita appeared on stage
- Knack is back
- Crash looking fantastic
- Wipeout was a pleasant surprise
- Uncharted and Last of Us looking decent
- Let It Die out now
- Ultimate MvC 3 back out now + new game

10/10
I missed the event. My wife just gave birth a few days ago.

This post is really helpful as it provides a summary. Thank you.

As arbitrary numbers go a 6.5.

Too many remasters, Didnt seem like any release dates for the first party games, Horizon will probably get pushed one more time but that is speculation though it looks fun. If this is their plan for the year then its a year of remasters and with few first party titles coming out again.

I didn't see a new game that I had to have so I can't say it's too great. But the games I expected all looked great so I'd give it a 8.5.

Too many remasters, Didnt seem like any release dates for the first party games, Horizon will probably get pushed one more time but that is speculation though it looks fun. If this is their plan for the year then its a year of remasters and with few first party titles coming out again.
I mean, the first quarter of 2017 alone disproves this.

KraytarJ

I thought it was good. Nice to get a Nier date, not so nice to not get a Danganronpa date. Though I just started playing The Last of Us so maybe my tune will change after I finish it.

It felt like there was a lot of stuff we knew about already, and the MVC leaks really took away the "HOLY SHIT WHAT" impact of that reveal, but I'm pretty damn happy with Garou, Nier release date, and getting three friggin' Yakuza games in one year. I've heard cool things about Windjammers so I like that's being re-released, that Parappa remaster looks really good, and even though I wasn't too crazy for UMVC3 I'm glad it and its DLC are no longer locked to delisted/out-of-print hell.

I think maybe an 8. Didn't knock my socks off but overall there was plenty of good things.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Better than most E3s, easily.
A solid 10 outta 10. Knack 2 hater tears was the cherry on top lol.

GooWop

9/10

Great pace, only a couple games didn't feel should have been showed (hey Destiny)

Someone on first page said Horizon and I have to agree. I expected towns or nighttime gameplay but we got more of the same. Ehhhh

Ricker

AAA ;)

I mean full games on the PSN Store on a Saturday and one F2P,awesome reveals that didnt get leaked,perfect lenght etc etc...great stuff.

Gravity rush 2(January)
Horizon(February)
Mlb 17(March)
Hot shots golf(summer)
Gt sport(2017)

More tba

9.5/10

.5 because it got me to renew my PS + subscription after I swore that I wouldn't after they jacked up the prices.

Horizon zero dawn, Crash, Gravity Rush 2, MLB.

That's not including games I still need to play or finish like Uncharted, Gravity rush.

Pretty fantastic.

I didn't watch it because I wasn't expecting much, but that was easily the best game event this year from all that's come out of it. Not one but TWO more Yakuzas coming west? Everything else was just gravy.

Number/Number!!!

Nobody cares about competitive COD.

Some of you really are just in a world of your own it seems like.

Pretty fantastic.

I didn't watch it because I wasn't expecting much, but that was easily the best game event this year from all that's come out of it. Not one but TWO more Yakuzas coming west? Everything else was just gravy.

Number/Number!!!

Some of you really are just in a world of your own it seems like.

You mean Sony doesn't like just passing away money? I am shocked.

It was their best one yet. Well paced, tons of games shown and announced. Shadow Drops galore!

Sony is solidifying what PSX is. It's for more niche offferings, fan favorites and to show updates of some of the upcoming big titles.

I would have liked to see more of Shenmue 3 and FF7/KH3 but they'll show up next year. It's all good. Yakuza 6 and Kiwami baby!!

Menitta

Yakuza 6 and Kiwami
Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite
Garou and MVC3 out today
The Last of Us 2

Better than E3. I got way more than I was hoping for.

10/10. Easily their best PSX yet.

wbEMX

TLoU2, Uncharted, Yakuza Kiwami AND 6 west release, Danganronpa V3 2017 announcement, Windjammers, Crash...

Better than the E3 conference. 10 out of 10.

KorrZ

The Last of Us: Part II was all I needed. Fucking hyped!

Otherwise, there were a lot of things that were "Oh cool" moments for me (Death Stranding, Crash Trilogy, NNK2 etc.) but nothing else where I was like oh shit I can't wait for that!

Overall I was thoroughly entertained the whole conference. I think Sony has mastered the press conference at this point. Minimal filler bullshit and just games games and more games.

It was their best one yet. Well paced, tons of games shown and announced. Shadow Drops galore!

Sony is solidifying what PSX is. It's for more niche offferings, fan favorites and to show updates of some of the upcoming big titles.

I would have liked to see more of Shenmue 3 and FF7/KH3 but they'll show up next year. It's all good. Yakuza 6 and Kiwami baby!!

Wouldn't be surprised if they held out Shenmue 3 & FF7 for E3.

I've thought the PS4 was just an alright console so far, but after this conference I'm so excited to own one, and if most of the games shown pan out this consoles will be one of my favorites.

Actually you know what. I'll rate this better than E3 for me for two reasons.

Japan was front and center in this conference and I loved every minute of it. Two only one game shown was far off everything else is 2017 Nd I love it(well my wallet hates it)

Justinh

It's a good thing then, that I didn't know about TLOU sequel and WipEout collection before the conference. I was completely amazed by both, eventhough Shinobi had hinted at the latter. Even if I would have known about them, it wouldn't have made the conference any worse. After all, two of my most awaited games were shown there. That's why I can't understand how the leaks would make the conferences worse than they are.
I dunno, I just think it killed the surprise. I thought I saw a lot of doubters in the pre-Kotaku MvC4 at PSX thread. Like... I didn't get the same feel from MvCinf that I did for TLoU 2. I didn't catch on until I saw the Fireflies symbol what it even was and I was just "whawhawha what? Similarly, I would have never guessed at a new MvC game.
Was the cheering phony? I heard a lot of "ooo what's that" or "no way" like comments that sounded scripted to me. Ruined the live presentation for me.
I just think that was because it was a fan event, and I imagine that some of them were just making noise so they could point to it later on to friends and go "Hear that guy? That was me!" Some of them are straight a-holes though, and I think I remember even Shawn Layden having to pause for a second because of people not wanting to shut the fuck up.

Does anyone else think that they should just get rid of E3 and have sony, xbox, & Nintendo just do these smaller conferences/events throughout the year?

The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2, Horizon, GT Sport, Uncharted Lost Legacy. Three of those are out soon.

This is a weird place man. Why are so many mad because a bunch of Hardcore ps fans who flew from God knows where to come see the show were cheering. Its a fan event not e3. People were excited

Unknown?

8.5/10. It was great for PlayStation fan and probably pretty good for casual gaming fans. I loved the fact that they are bringing back old franchises even if they're just remasters.

Crash looks great but if it's not exclusive that number drops down to a 7. That's the biggest hitter for the platform so if it's not exclusive there's no advantage to Sony.

LAM09

Game after game was shown which made it much more interesting on the whole. It was a great example of how conferences should. The Yakuza announcement was the cherry on top.

I would give it an 8.

Does anyone else think that they should just get rid of E3 and have sony, xbox, & Nintendo just do these smaller conferences/events throughout the year?

Honestly I feel like this year's event was the proof that PSX can exist in a way that supplements E3 pretty damn well.

I thought it was their best show since E3 2013. The variety of games was insane and once it was over I was very, very happy that I owned a PS4.

Too many people were brought out on stage (in Shawn's case, multiple times) and the conference felt sluggish throughout as a result.

Shu was the worst offender with some so-so announcements and pointless sound bites (did we really need him to explain the Gravity Rush DLC we had just seen a trailer for?).

It started off really strong with Uncharted, Marvel V Capcom, Wipeout and Crash (though there were pacing problems throughout in my opinion - I don't know who the woman was who came up on stage, but it just didn't work for me).

However, it just fell apart in the middle if you ask me. Lots of niche Japanese titles and indie games that I had just no interest in - not that I don't enjoy those genres, but nothing shown really moved the needle for me.

The Vita and VR sections were awful.

My friend and I were messaging over Facebook as we were watching and both agreed that, after a promising start, it just fell away.

The Last of Us Part 2 isn't a bad way to end a conference though. :)

It was decent. The Last of Us 2 is way too far out to have been show, but, Sony gonna Sony... Now begins the 2 to 3 year wait. God of War on the other hand, a game 3.5 years into development, is nowhere to be seen (same for Dreams). I don't get it.

Top Bottom