• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you rate the PSX conference this year?

I know Shawn has an awkward kind of speech but he was ill and in pain wasn't he?

He was incredibly awkward throughout, which is weird because he had been steadily improving at this sort of thing which each presser. But for some reason he just seemed lost this time, trying to go it alone without a teleprompter, droning on at times, and not to mention at one point he fucked his throat up and started coughing during every sentence. Bit tough to watch tbh.

On the other end, you've got Gio Corsi who has the whole crowd in the palm of his hand within moments, has expert delivery and immense stage presence. Seriously, why is this guy not at every PlayStation conference? He makes it all look so effortless.

Also, Asad needs to stop making jokes about his name. We're well past that now. The cricket reference was funny though.

E3 was great. This was even better that that. 9.5/10. Didn't care for the fighting games, but I know many others do. The world championship stuff for COD is really what took that .5 away from this bring a perfect conference. No one, NO ONE, cared about it.

Sony finally understood how to end a press conference properly.
They deserve full marks just for that.

Seriously though, it was amazing. 9 out of 10.

imjust1n

Banned
Horizon Zero Dawn
Ni No Kuni II
The Last of Us Part II
Full Throttle Remastered
Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Remastered
Knack 2

It was a pretty good Conference id give it a 8.5/10

Godcannon

7/10

+ Crash Bandicoot footage (My Highlight)
+ New Games announced
- Indies weren't interesting
- No FFVIIR, GOW, but I expect them at E3 or PSX-17.

Miles ahead of last year's psx.

NahaNago

I'd give it a 9 out of 10 as a psx conference. The conference kept things moving along for the most part with a lots of games i'm looking forward to. My only gripe was i would have liked more new games instead of mostly remasters/remakes. Don't get me wrong i still want those remasters and remakes but i also wanted some more new games. I'm simply greedy like that and an announcement of DMC5, MMLR, wild arms whichever number their on, onimusha, or Dark Cloud 3 would have pushed it up to 9.5.

9/10 for me, best PSX to date. I couldn't watch live so had to watch at night but Uncharted DLC, Wipeout and TLOU 2 were huge surprises for me, the kind of thing I'd expect at E3, so that was very cool. With the malaise of how meh the PS4 Pro is (I own one), the PSVR not having any killer games, and the lack of big exclusives this holiday season it was nice to see some strong punches and reminded of Bandicoot, Horizon Dawn, Nier, Ni No Kuni 2, etc.

prwxv3

It was decent. The Last of Us 2 is way too far out to have been show, but, Sony gonna Sony... Now begins the 2 to 3 year wait. God of War on the other hand, a game 3.5 years into development, is nowhere to be seen (same for Dreams). I don't get it.

Not every game needs to be at every event. ND were the ones that wanted to tell everyone about the sequal to TLOU. Dreams has had dev updates like every month. Sony can't force devs to show stuff if they don't want too. And PSX is different then E3.

He was incredibly awkward throughout, which is weird because he had been steadily improving at this sort of thing which each presser. But for some reason he just seemed lost this time, trying to go it alone without a teleprompter, droning on at times, and not to mention at one point he fucked his throat up and started coughing during every sentence. Bit tough to watch tbh.

On the other end, you've got Gio Corsi who has the whole crowd in the palm of his hand within moments, has expert delivery and immense stage presence. Seriously, why is this guy not at every PlayStation conference? He makes it all look so effortless.

Also, Asad needs to stop making jokes about his name. We're well past that now. The cricket reference was funny though.

Gio Corsi is terrible and I dread his stage presence every time.

FinKL

This rates real high for me.
UMvC3 rerelease out same day
Marvel Infinite is acknowledged
Windjammer OUT OF NOWHERE
One more RE demo
AceCombat VR must be a treat for all of you there!

I'm not interest in the single player stuff (TLoU/Uncharted) but it all looks good

gamerMan

I was only awake in the start and end. Horizon was the only other thing exciting in that conference but I had already seen that. If Naughty Dog didn't show up 1/10, but it did so 10/10.

-Horizon-

Good start. Meh middle and end.

Biggest showings for me: Gravity Rush 2, TLG, Horizon, MVC, Nier, Vane, Edith Finch, Ni No Kuni, Yakuza, Danganronpa.

8/10

Strakt

7/10

Not really into most of the indie games they showed or the remakes. Interested in TLOU2, MVC, horizon dawn and uncharted though!

Metalmarc

high rating for me as a casual gamer,(i mean really average at games, button masher, Short attention span, someone who now only plays for 15-30 mins before getting distracted or switching it off, sometimes though if i have spare time ill play for a whole hour) 9-10/10

seriously there were so many types of games that i like i cant complain, sure there were some i werent interested in but it was better than 2015 E3 for me personally.

I've not played Uncharted properly before always thought it looked good (tried the Vita game for a few minutes) but that opening video looked great also. (I downloaded the Nathan Drake Collection Demo earlier & now plan on getting the full game

20th Anniversary nostalgia

PaRappa the Rapper (Demo was just as fun today as it was 20 years ago)
Crash (My god i cant wait for this to come out)
Wipeout (Wowsers i almost got misty eyed at that, totally wasnt expecting that)

Marvel Madness (my hype was so off the chart i loaded up the psn store here in the UK and waited and waited and waited until at least midnight for aultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, almost 6 hours after the announcment to get my hands on the game, no show so i finally crashed out to sleep, woke at 6:45am lo and behold it was there on the UK store finally)

The new game footage looks good too, will wait to see more before Judgement is made but so far so good.

I cant get too excited for VR cos when i tried VR after a short while i felt motion sick, so i'm ruling that out for now.

Gravity Rush 2 looks real good, need to get the first on the PS4 (got the vita version)

Yakuza - again looks great, havent played yakuza games before, but have the one we were given on psn, shall have to try it.

This one made me pleasantly suprised and happy to be gaming again off and on.

I'm watching for the first time now and the first few segments felt weird.

One guy was yelling yes! Yes! Or was that the woman yelling yes? Anyway there was a man and woman you could heat distinctly screaming.

Yoshida just took the stage and the Yoshida chant felt like someone is paying the crowd to be hyped.

The games so far themselves are more then fine.

TKM

8.5/10.0. They're improving every year and did a good job showcasing Playstation across genres, across time, and East/West devs. Millions have grown up playing on PS1 and PS2, and it's a brand advantage over Microsoft that they need to leverage. Glad to see B/A/AA budget titles sprinkled throughout, and the whole conference book-ended by Naughty Dog megatons.

If I can be greedy, I would have liked to see Ridge Racer in some form. Even just the original at 4K/60FPS would have been an instant purchase for me.

12/3/2016 22nd Anniversary without PS1 emulation is a marketing miss. Wouldn't do anything to the bottom line or console sales, but something that would have played well to the PSX audience.

Trace

Banned
9/10

Fantastic PSX and the best conference I've ever seen outside of E3.

Reveals, gameplay, YAKUZA AND MAHVEL, good stuff.

Was heading for a solid 7 until that final unveiling, I give it a very good 9. I have watched so many conferences and this is up there with the best.

Hydrus

9/10. Uncharted DLC, Crash, Ni no kuni, Last of Us 2 and game after game! Simply amazing. Only issues were that awkward lady, and no Bloodborne pro patch. Hell, I usually hate the indie segments, but their were some kickass indies this year that I want to get.

Ravage

TLOU2, Yakuza Kiwami and Raven DLC makes it a 10/10 :)

I think it's safe to say that most of us enjoyed the conference...and the reason is because there was truly something for everyone.

1. Mainstream blockbusters in the form of UC4 and TLOU2 (which are perfectly positioned)
2. Barrage of announcements and footage for fans of japanese games
3. Remasters for fans of old-school classics
4. MVC and SFV for fighting fans
5. Plenty of indie titles to cover non-mainstream genres (Rain World looks amazing)
6. RE7 and AC7 for PSVR owners

Compared to E3, PSX is more of a fan event which allows it to focus on games without mainstream appeal but are dearly loved by a niche segment of the gaming population.

hwy_61

Banned
9/10

The audience didn't bother me. I mean that's what you should expect when you have an event like this for the public. I laughed when they chanted YOSHIDA. How many business executives get that kind of welcome from an audience??

The one black dude that was losing his mind at the Marvel vs Capcom unveiling was so awesome.

Elandyll

Banned
It was near a good E3 level imo, so pretty unexpected I'd say for a show that is supposed to be small scale for PS fans only.

A-/ 10

The only minus for me was pretty much the weird Destiny bit in the middle with (can't remember her name) who was trying a bit too hard.

Not really watched it.

But from the threads I've seen:

Crash Bandicoot - can't wait to play them always dismissed them growing up

Wipeout - a bit deflated its just a HD/Fury/Pulse collection but as a massive Wipeout fan I will be very happy to take it and hope its a push for a new one if it sells well. The only game I have faith that can do 60fps/4K on ps4pro

Uncharted DLC - great to have Chloe back and I must get round to starting 4!

TLOU: Pt2 - still feel it doesn't need a sequel but looks like it could be great.

neohwa

-1 Ellie doesn't look appealing just like all western games' female characters
-1 MVC doesn't look good, no X-men
-1 Three Yakuza games in 1 year, way overloaded and won't sell well
-1 new games announced won't come out anytime soon
-1 RE7 seems like totally have no hype
-1 Tekken7 have no hype
-1 PSVR totally have no hype

3/10

Necron

I'd give it a "9 remasters out of 10". It was really good... despite lacking the most important remaster: Demon's Souls for PS4.

thelastword

Banned
For content and rather awesome content people want to play, it was a 10/10....

Chloe Side story
Absolver
Windjammers
Wipeout
NexMachina
MVC infinite and UMVC3 port
Crash Trilogy Remastered
Knack 2
Ace Combat 7
Last of Us 2......and so many more

This was unprecedented....

Windjammers port/possible physical version is awesome.

Knack 2 is a big LOL, will be fun to play with the kids.

Everything else didn't do anything for my household. We're all currently engrossed in FFXV and Pokemon SM...nothing that was shown comes even close. Really not looking forward to a daily front page TLOU thread for the next two fucking years.

prwxv3

Windjammers port/possible physical version is awesome.

Knack 2 is a big LOL, will be fun to play with the kids.

Everything else didn't do anything for my household. We're all currently engrossed in FFXV and Pokemon SM...nothing that was shown comes even close. Really not looking forward to a daily front page TLOU thread for the next two fucking years.

Ignore them Instead of being a baby about that series.

eso76

I missed it (forgot about it actually) logged onto neogaf to threads like:

Last of us part 2 announced
Uncharted 4 dlc/add on/spin off/whatever starring Chloe
Wipeout Remaster
Ace Combat 7
Knack 2

and thought I clicked on the wrong neogaf section:
Wishlists and Wet Dreams Discussions

robotrock

Banned
3 points out of ten

positives+
wipeout collection
marvel vs capcom 3 pc port
windjammers

negatives -
barely any psvr talk

I'd give it a 5/10 because there just weren't many games that really intrigued me from the get go. On the other hand, I wasn't able to pay full attention when watching, so I could have missed some pieces.

Not a lot of VR, too.

Kinsei

Banned
New Marvel
UMvC3 shadow drop
Crash remake gameplay
Parappa
Loco Roco
Patapon
Wipeout collection
Last of Us Part II

10/10