• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How long does it take to beat ???

DoomGyver

COD:MW2 6 hours 30 minutes on Veteran, spec ops 7 hours 30 minutes for all 69 stars
Crysis 2: 10 hours on super-soldier

RpgN

Everdred said:
Everything in thread has been added to this post. The site did OK on reddit thanks to TSAGoodness in this thread. I thought I would post it on Digg.com to see how it would do. Help me out if you like the idea. I'd like to get as many times as possible to get accurate stats.

I'm confused about some new stats added to the games, mainly Main Story, Main + Additional and Completionist. It makes sense that they have been added but they are confusing when you look at certain games like Enchanted Arms. It has 70:00:00 hours for the main story, 22:30:00 for main story and additional and 49:20:00 for completionist...That doesn't make sense...wut?

Everdred

RpgN said:
I'm confused about some new stats added to the games, mainly Main Story, Main + Additional and Completionist. It makes sense that they have been added but they are confusing when you look at certain games like Enchanted Arms. It has 70:00:00 hours for the main story, 22:30:00 for main story and additional and 49:20:00 for completionist...That doesn't make sense...wut?
That's simply because there have been more submissions on the others. The more submissions the more accurate. I have fixed the one you pointed out. It was listed under the wrong type. You have to remember these are all user submitted. It might take some people just as long to do the main story as it does for someone else to do main plus extra.

Dahbomb

There is NO WAY Devil May Cry 4 takes 15 hours to "complete" 100% (meaning all Achievements). I would agree that main story takes around 10 hours first time through but you CANNOT physically get all achievements in 15 hours (even if it's 10+15).

S Rank on Bloody Palace
1 Million Proud Souls
S Rank on All Missions (Human, Devil Hunter, Son of Sparda, DMD)

Those 3 achievements together took around at least 30+ hours of game time. Unless you are like a top DMC player and has near perfect evasion, top execution in combos and knows all the hidden locations in the game you will not be getting S ranks the first time you beat a mission. And 1 million Proud Souls was the one that took me the longest because even after I had like S ranked all missions and beaten BP I still didn't have that achievement.

Also Plants vs Zombies - Roughly 5-6 hours for first walkthrough in Story mode. Really hard to die in this game so it's going to be difficult going much over this.

Prince of Persia 2008 - Roughly 11-12 hours to beat it the first time. Then I went for a second walkthrough collecting all the Seeds and finished the other achievements (like the combo ones) and this took like 8 hours as well. I had one more achievement left which was like die less than 500 times or something, and that took one quick walkthrough almost 5 hours. Plus the DLC that's like 1-2 hours more at most. Total Completion time is 25 hours.

hyp3rlink

Love the idea of the thread and nice webpage to keep track of the timings.

But how do people find out the time to beat since many games do not give you the "time played". I wish there was a in-built feature for the consoles to log the details of all the game played!

RpgN

Everdred said:
That's simply because there have been more submissions on the others. The more submissions the more accurate. I have fixed the one you pointed out. It was listed under the wrong type. You have to remember these are all user submitted. It might take some people just as long to do the main story as it does for someone else to do main plus extra.

Understood, thanks for explaining yourself.

Here are another two games finished:

Banjo Kazooie (xbox live) 22:45 hours
And that's doing everything that you can do in the game. Fully completed with all the additional stuff.

Ninja Blade (xbox 360) 12 hours
Main game.

PilotWings Resort: I've had enough after 17h17.

Platinum missions are two stars average and I'm missing one Mii Trophy and two golden rings.

Everdred

Updated to this post.

Dahbomb said:
There is NO WAY Devil May Cry 4 takes 15 hours to "complete" 100% (meaning all Achievements). I would agree that main story takes around 10 hours first time through but you CANNOT physically get all achievements in 15 hours (even if it's 10+15).

S Rank on Bloody Palace
1 Million Proud Souls
S Rank on All Missions (Human, Devil Hunter, Son of Sparda, DMD)

Those 3 achievements together took around at least 30+ hours of game time. Unless you are like a top DMC player and has near perfect evasion, top execution in combos and knows all the hidden locations in the game you will not be getting S ranks the first time you beat a mission. And 1 million Proud Souls was the one that took me the longest because even after I had like S ranked all missions and beaten BP I still didn't have that achievement.
Thanks for the heads up! I have deleted the 15 hour claim.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Nier - Endings A/B/C/D, 100% quests, 100% weapons (not including weapon upgrades and speedrun trophy):

40h

RpgN

Naruto Rise of a Ninja (xbox 360): around 22 hours (main+additional)
Yakuza 1 (PS2): 23:44 hours (main+additional)

orion434

I was looking at Rumble Roses XX and saw that for Completionist it's listed as 30 hours!!! This is impossible, it took me 156 hours to get 1000/1000 and I know someone that it took 195 hours ( Check the trueachievement.com walkthrough by lv1 blue slime )

I'd also like to add an estimate for Armored Core: For Answer:

If using a Second Account for Ranked Match Boosting - 195 hours
If playing with a friend for Ranked Match wins - 350 hours
This is for 1000/1000

Jaxter09

Banjo Kazooie - Grunty's Revenge 100% ~6 hours
Banjo Kazooie (XBL) 100% 15:12
Banjo Tooie (XBL) 100% 22:40
Mass Effect 9:35
Lost Odyssey 61:03

Portal 2: singleplayer: 7.5 hours
co-op: 5.5 hours

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - 7.5 h
Recettear - 16 h
Machinarium - 5.5 h
Mass Effect - 28 h

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - 45h
Final Fantasy IV - 16h
Dragon Quest V - 25h
Final Fantasy XIII - 35h (90h for platinum)
Star Ocean: The Last Hope (also International version) - 70h
Ys Seven - 20h
Ys: Oath in Felghana - 10h

Haven't looked in this thread for a while (haven't finished a game recently and came to check on the length for OoT) but I must say the site has turned out amazing. Awesome job!

Pyrokai

^^^ I can help you there! I'm hoping this thread sees a renaissance because it is super awesome. But as a crazy coincidence, I came in just to post my OoT 3D play time:

I finished OoT3D in 27 hours. However, I generally knew what I was doing. I didn't do TOO many sidequests, so I would say this is a playthrough that wasn't rushed, but I wasn't lollygagging, either.

IrishNinja

...are we still using this? it's a handy bookmark, was just looking to see @ how long Shadows of the Damned was. keep it updated when you can, OP!

*edit OP says updated through the most recent post, good work man!

mclem

IrishNinja said:
^holy shit. just main or did you do a lot've sidequests? did it hold up the whole way through?

I'm on 77 hours, and I'd estimate that I'm about a half to two-thirds of the way through (but heavy on sidequests in my case).

It's a *huge* game.

Disgaea 4: Just the Story - 45.00 hours (including a certain amount of item worlding, knock a few hours off if you don't do much of that)

FerranMG

Just wanted to kinda bump this thread to say I absolutely love the website.
I find it very useful, but I also think it's very well thought and put together.
From the self completing search box (which is something that there's still sites that don't have right), to the amount of information (averages, medians, completionist and speed runs...), everything makes the site a real pleasure to browse.

Congrats to Everdred for coming up with this idea one year ago.

I wanted to share this with whoever might have missed it when the thread was created, since it's so useful for me. Won't be bumping again. :p

Top Bottom