• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How long does it take to beat ???

aceface

undrtakr900 said:
I took around 100 hours to complete, it's the longest I played a single player game, loved every minute of it(er..except the grinding/random battles).

For me, Dragon Quest 8 was around 90 hours, including post game content.

dock

These are the sorts of statistics I'd like to see made available on console games. I appreciate that publishers might not be happy to let it be known that the game average completion time is 4 hours 15 minutes, but sometimes I will seek out games specifically because I want a shorter experience amidst my RPGs and such.

Thanks for doing this Tommy Gun!

Just finished Uncharted 1, clocked in at almost exactly 9 hours.

dock said:
These are the sorts of statistics I'd like to see made available on console games. I appreciate that publishers might not be happy to let it be known that the game average completion time is 4 hours 15 minutes, but sometimes I will seek out games specifically because I want a shorter experience amidst my RPGs and such.

Thanks for doing this Tommy Gun!

Same here. "Short" needn't be a dirty word anymore.

And yes thanks very much for doing this TG. I now have a little column in my backlog spreadsheet indicating how long each game is probably gonna take me. I will reap much value from this; I suspect many will. Heck down the road it might even be useful for publishers...I don't think that's too far-fetched.

edit: The only feedback I'd give on the spreadsheet would be to change alphabetization so it ignores "A" and "The," or just modifying the way you enter those games (i.e. "The Ball" becomes "Ball, The").

Aru

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 - 15 hours

Took me around 15 hours to beat the main story. I did a few quests, but shouldn't be more than 30 minutes of that 15 hours.

Enslaved: 12 hours.
Fable III: 20 hours.
Limbo: 4 hours
Dragon Age Origins: 35 hours
Lost Odyssey: 65 hours
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom: 12 hours
Costume Quest: 10 hours

Cels

Final Fantasy XIII: 35 hours to complete the basic story, 55 hours to 1000G/Platinum.
Prince of Persia (2008): 10 hours

Pyrokai

I can add that I finished Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen in about 32 hours.

I finished DQ9: Sentinals of the Starry Skies in about 70 hours, but I took my time through the game and did side-quests and stuff. I have not done any post-game content yet.

Edit: May I also add that this is a super awesome thread idea. Thank you! Very valuable :)

mass effect - 18 hrs
fallout NV (no post-game) - 40 hours
red dead redemption - 37 hrs
mafia 2 - 14 hrs
uncharted -11 hrs
uncharted 2 - 9 hrs
max payne 2 - 7 hrs
arkham asylum - 11 hrs
assassins creed 2 - 23 hours
dragon age origins - 44 hrs

Alpha Protocol - 17h
Batman - Arkham Asylum - 14.6h
Bionic Commando - 14h
Black and White 2 - 20h
Bladestorm - 47.5h
Borderlands - 35h
Bully - 25.5h
Call of Juarez 2 - 7h
Conan - 6h
Crysis - 7h
Enchanted Arms - 24h
Ghostbusters - 7.4h
Gothic - 25h
Half-Life 2 - 13h
Half-Life 2 Episode 1 - 3.6h
Half-Life 2 Episode 2 - 6.6h
Just Cause - 31h
Lego Indiana Jones - 24.5h
Lost Odyssey - 70h
Mafia - 11h
Mass Effect - 19.5h
Overlord + Raising Hell Expansion - 21.1h
Overlord 2 - 19.4h
Portal - 2.2h
Red Faction Guerilla - 17h
Rise of the Argonauts - 12h
Risen - 38h
Saint's Row - 14.5h
Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition - 4.2h
Singularity - 6h
Space Siege - 9h
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - 8h
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - 8h
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 - 5h
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena - 13h
The Saboteur - 19h
The Witcher - 48h
Tomb Raider: Underworld - 10h
Wolfenstein - 11h
World of Goo - 4h
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 9h
Zeno Clash - 3.3h

Just beat Paper Mario: TTYD last night. Total play time was 32 hours. Didn't do every side quest (like the pit of 100 trials) but I did do a bit more than just go from point A to point B.

My average on Suikoden II is generally around 25 hours with all 108 characters, but I've beaten it a ton of times.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Vagrant Story - 28 hours on the clock for my first playthrough. (that doesn't count the number of hours I lost due to dying :p)

Dead Space 2 (360): Survivalist 9.25hr
Dead Space 2 (360): Normal; New Game+ 7hr
Dead Space Extraction (PSN): Normal 6hr
Hydrophobia (XBLA): Normal ~3hr

Shiv47 said:
Earth Defense Force 2017: 75 hours (100% complete, all levels/weapons)
Yakuza: 20 hours
Yakuza 2: 23 hours
EDF can take over 100 hours if you're unlucky. Getting all weapons is all about luck. For me it took around 65 hours to get 100%.

kodt

Banned
Cryostasis - 7 hours
Mass Effect 2 - 44 hours (includes all DLC)
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II - 8 hours (this was my 4th or 5th playthrough, first was several hours longer)

cantona222

I hope the next wave of consoles (or a patch for the current ones) address this kind of thing. Console manufacturers should force developers to have a unified time counter for each game. The counter should of course stop while pausing. (similar to the forced/unified achievement system in the 360)

Knowing how long exactly it took you to beat a game is satisfying :)

Skimming through my Steam list...

Ben There, Dan That - 11 hours (Is that reasonable? I don't remember it being that long. Maybe I fell asleep while playing?)
Blueberry Garden - 45 minutes
Cogs - 3 hours (unlocked and finished last puzzle, not 100% complete on others)
Everyday Genius: Square Logic - 10 hours (unlocked all the puzzles and completed all the designated challenge levels)
Fortix - 1 hour
Portal - 2 hours
Puzzle Agent - 3 hours
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition - 9 hours
Shatter - 3 hours
Spectromancer - 7 hours
Torchlight - 13 hours
VVVVVV - 2.5 hours (all trinkets)
Windosill - 30 minutes
Wonderful End of the World - 90 minutes

Some of these might be slightly off as I know I spent more time after beating the game so I estimated a little and likely erred on the side of lengths being a bit too long. Also, I need to play more of my Steam games.

ZeroRay

Uncharted 2: 12.5 hours
Demon's Souls: 60 hours
Mass Effect 2: 30 hours
Bayonetta: 12 hours
Half-Life: 15 hours
Half-Life 2: 13 hours
HL2 EP1: 3.5 hours
HL2 EP2: 5.5 hours

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Rollo Larson said:
mass effect - 18 hrs
fallout NV (no post-game) - 40 hours
red dead redemption - 37 hrs
mafia 2 - 14 hrs
uncharted -11 hrs
uncharted 2 - 9 hrs

max payne 2 - 7 hrs
arkham asylum - 11 hrs
assassins creed 2 - 23 hours
dragon age origins - 44 hrs

:/ Sure you didn't get those two mixed around?

hylje

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition - 60hrs (steam says I've played DA:O only 29hrs?)
Machinarium - 6hrs
Mass Effect - 32hrs
Mass Effect 2 - 35hrs
Trine - 5hrs
The Witcher - ~50hrs
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition - 8hrs
Fable III - 44hrs (all keys and gnomes included)
Uncharted 2 - 10hrs
Final Fantasy XIII - 40hrs/110hrs (includes all the hunting missions)
Super Mario Galaxy - 31hrs
Little Big Planet 2 - 22hrs (story mode 100% bubbles + aced levels)
GTA IV - 35hrs
Lego Harry Potter 1-4 - 30hrs (100%)
Killzone 2 - 8hrs
Metal Gear Solid 4 - 23hrs
Ratchet & Clank : Crack in Time - 14hrs
Lego Indiana Jones 2 - 31hrs (100%)
God of War III - 9hrs
Gears of Wars - 6hrs (human co-op)
Gears of Wars 2 - 8hrs (human co-op)

I wish most of the games would include played hours in their save profile like some do in PS3. When I started to through my game collection and what saves I still have in stored, I found out I've managed to destroy few saves by deleting the whole game install with dlc+saves on xbox360. yei :(
All in all I got frustrated and stopped looking through at some point. And I don't want to give hours that are based on gut feeling.

I'll use my age as excuse on few slow playthroughs. :)

Everdred

Red Dead Redemption - 13 Hours
Split/Second - 9 Hours
The Path - 2.7 hours

Also for my times in PC and 360 I use Raptr.com tracks how long you play a game down to the minute.

Everdred

I spent about 6 hours at work tonight (Slow night!) working on this. I have updated the list with over 900 games. Pulling information from all over the internet. Sometimes looking up games individually to see what completion times were.

StuBurns

Banned
I really want to know how long Crysis 2 is, the game leak a couple of weeks ago, lots of people must have finished it.

Top Bottom