• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How many eggs do you eat in a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickroach

some days 0, some days 3 or 4, some days 8

they're lo cal, high in protein, and dirt cheap. I don't go food shopping very often, but I've always got eggs in fridge.

mike6467

A regular meal for me is some toast with 4 or 5 sunny side up eggs. If the mood strikes me I might do this in the morning and at night. Toast in egg yolk is pretty much a comfort food for me. Filling and cheap too.

That along with oatmeal, chicken, broccoli, quinoa, protein powder and dairy (any of it) is probably 95% of my diet.

drspeedy

2-3 per day, only 100% pasture raised farm eggs. The flavor, color and nutrition compared to store bought eggs is simply, unquestionably superior in every way.

Everyone, buy a dozen farm stand eggs. You'll see. And you'll thank me.

drspeedy farmhouse eggs inc paid for this message. Free shipping offer not available in all states

mike6467

2-3 per day, only 100% pasture raised farm eggs. The flavor, color and nutrition compared to store bought eggs is simply, unquestionably superior in every way.

Everyone, buy a dozen farm stand eggs. You'll see.

drspeedy farmhouse eggs inc paid for this message. Free shipping offer not available in all states

You're not kidding. For awhile a guy from work had surplus eggs from his chickens, and he'd bring them in and sell them for pretty much nothing. I ate those things for a couple months and Jesus...I want some chickens now because those eggs are life changing.

Usually two.

Every once in awhile one of them will have two yolks inside, so I don't know if that would count as three for that day or nah.

zulux21

depending on the study it's found that eggs mostly have good cholesterol and thus despite having a high amount of cholesterol on the box, in many cases will cause no increase or even decrease your overall cholesterol.

that being said other studies say it will increase it.

aka eggs have been one of the most debated "are they good or bad for you" things in the last 50 years.

anyways I will typically eat eggs about 3 times a week at 4 eggs a pop so about a dozen a week or a little under 2 eggs per day on average.

I don't use them as a work out thing but as a lower calorie breakfast as 4 eggs only has like 350 calories even including the small amount of butter I use.

drspeedy

You're not kidding. For awhile a guy from work had surplus eggs from his chickens, and he'd bring them in and sell them for pretty much nothing. I ate those things for a couple months and Jesus...I want some chickens now because those eggs are life changing.

buying a few chickens is the best $2,000 you'll ever spend on eggs ;)

Parahan

i had 10 for breakfast.

and then usually 2 hard boiled throughout the day.

so a dozen, but that usually fluctuates.

i currently have 15 dozen eggs in my fridge that takes up too much space.

What?! That's a lot of saturated fat in a day. I mean is that all you have for food in a day?

What?! That's a lot of saturated fat in a day. I mean is that all you have for food in a day?

I could be wrong but from my understanding it's the good kind of fat. Also, if you actually watch what you eat, you can avoid other types of bad fats, so you're still getting your daily allowance of fats but it's he good kind.

Eggs are such a good cheap source of protein it's my favorite super food. So many different ways to cook and perfect for weightlifting. I usually eat 6 eggs every morning and especially directly after lifting. With a bowl of oatmeal, the stats look like this:

46g protein
512 calories
22g carbs
23G fat
7g sat. Fat

Good stuff

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
81% isn't really a "Use your own judgement" situation.

Sure it is, unless that study controlled for all other factors and identified eggs as uniquely exacerbating things.

"People who ate 2.5 or more eggs per week had 81% increased risk" does not necessarily mean that it was eggs that directly caused the risk. It's something to keep in mind, maybe, but unless we know everything else that was different between the groups examined, it's quite a stretch to imply some kind of causality.

Don't need the cholesterol.

Don't support the deplorable way it treats our fellow animals.

Not weight training, get 100g of protein a day from legumes, grains, tree nuts, seeds, and vegetables.

about 5-8 in a week, probably. I generally eat 2 at a time, unless I'm making a scramble for someone else as well and then it's 3 for the 2 of us.

Usually have jumbo eggs from costco.

mike6467

I could be wrong but from my understanding it's the good kind of fat. Also, if you actually watch what you eat, you can avoid other types of bad fats, so you're still getting your daily allowance of fats but it's he good kind.

Eggs are such a good cheap source of protein it's my favorite super food. So many different ways to cook and perfect for weightlifting. I usually eat 6 eggs every morning and especially directly after lifting. With a bowl of oatmeal, the stats look like this:

46g protein
512 calories
22g carbs
3G fat

Good stuff

This guy knows what he's talking about. I greatly increased my egg intake when I changed my diet. My bad cholesterol went down and my good cholesterol went up. It has a lot to do with your overall diet. I go through 18-24 eggs a week and I've never been in better health according to my GP.

There's plenty of people who eat egg whites with few/no yolks, so that's an option as well. There's a lot of nutritional value in the yolk though, and after experiencing the improvement in my health while eating the entire egg I never saw any reason to change. Plus the yolk is fucking delicious.

Mitch

Banned
2-2.5 usually 4-6 days a week. There are mornings where I'll eat fat free greek yogurt with/without granola.

I'll mix up 5 and scramble them, then split them between my girlfriend and I. Most of the time I add shredded deli meat. Perfect breakfast. Typically keeps me full for 3-4 hours.

Sillverrr

Who needs dedicated fitness forums, when you can just come here and find a topic about keto and protein every other post. Anyone else miss the days when you could just go about life without worrying about body fat %?

Who needs dedicated fitness forums, when you can just come here and find a topic about keto and protein every other post. Anyone else miss the days when you could just go about life without worrying about body fat %?

Yes, but those days were my high school days where I could eat whatever I want and not gain any fat.

Now that I'm old, I really have to watch what I eat lol. No more tubs of candy and mt dew for me.

cyress8

Banned
2-3 eggs for breakfast. Cheesy grits/rice with eggs scrambled with sausage/bacon and complemented with 2 slices of buttered, cinnamon/jellied toast. Eat this meal almost everyday because it tastes too fucking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom