• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much are you spending on a Switch day one?

ika

Nintendo Switch Grey - 319 €
Nintendo Switch AC Adapter and Case - 45 €
Zelda BotW Special Edition - 95 €
Zelda BotW Amiibo - 77 €
Zelda BotW Guide - 39 €
Zelda BotW Wii U - 59 €
Zelda Art & Artifacts LE - 79 €
Not sure if I'll pick another game that month (Bomberman, 1,2Switch...) or additional accessories...

Total: 713 € ($763)

March is gonna hurt... and I'll love it lol

Australian prices here:

Switch (Grey) - $469.95
Pro Controller - $99.95
Zelda - $89.95
Case + Screen protector kit - $29.95
$100 Nintendo Voucher (for Digital/VC/Indies) - $100

Total:
$789.80 AUD

Worth every penny and the week after will be picking up a charger (39.95) for when I'm on the road/work as I don't want to touch my Dock setup at home.
If FAST RMX makes launch day + is physical I'll be all in for that too which'll probably be another $70/$80.

Expensive but I've never been more excited for a console and able to afford it. Also, my first pre-order without a trade in so super excited about that too.

Completely beats out getting my Gamecube, Xbox and 360 back when I was a teenager to be honest!

Also, stuff waking the day off work on release! I will be taking it to work and showing everybody how damn cool my new console is. Shit when Mario Kart comes later I'll be playing MK8D with friends at the cafés just so they can get one for Splatoon 2 later on.

Azriell

$300 for the Switch, $60 for Zelda, and $20(?) for Snipperclips. Arms and possibly Bomberman R (if the campaign is worth it) to follow. So $380 plus $120 shortly after.

I'm building Amazon credit through survey apps right now in anticipation. Currently sitting at $119, planning to get to at least $200 by 3.3.17.

Kureransu

$300 for the Switch, $60 for Zelda, and $20(?) for Snipperclips. Arms and possibly Bomberman R (if the campaign is worth it) to follow. So $380 plus $120 shortly after.

I'm building Amazon credit through survey apps right now in anticipation. Currently sitting at $119, planning to get to at least $200 by 3.3.17.
Can you still get that through Bing?

Kureransu

Hey guys, Is there any online games coming out on release? i was thinking about grabbing a lan adapter, but i was thinking of just waiting until it'll actually be used.besides for updates. Should i just make the plunge now? Also i see the Hori Stand is only 12.99 if anyone is looking for a way to charge it in tabletop mode.

mhayes86

Black/Grey Switch: $300 +tax.
Zelda BotW: $47 +tax.

I have no plans of getting any additional accessories at the moment.

Maengun1

Is the premium hori screen protector worth an extra $10?

I was wondering about this difference too actually. I have the $10 one ordered, then I saw the $20 one. Not sure how snake-oil-y that "premium" is.

Then again I treat my devices like babies so I probably don't need a protector at all, but still

swnny

Nintendo Switch Gray - 340€
Carrying case + screen protector kit - 25€
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 65€

Total is 430€, but I have a gift/promo code for the store I've pre-ordered it from, so I will be paying 45€ less - 385€.

Thinking of going all physical, so I'm not sure if I will invest in a microSD card at the moment.

Persona7

Banned
I was wondering about this difference too actually. I have the $10 one ordered, then I saw the $20 one. Not sure how snake-oil-y that "premium" is.

Then again I treat my devices like babies so I probably don't need a protector at all, but still

It says the premium one is scratch proof but they both seem to be made of plastic and not glass.

Jzero

I pre-ordered Zelda but i still need to order a Switch.

So around $381.44

Probably won't buy anything else for the rest of the system's life

smuf

Switch - €300
Zelda - €50

I wanted to get the Pro controller too, but I'll give the joycons w/ grip a shot first.

usp84

Switch for €299 (instead of 339 for most preorders in my country).

Zelda €60

and maybe the PRO controller if the one that comes with the console is uncomfortable.

canocha

Switch (neon) - 329€
Pro Controller - 70€ (will probably cancel the order)
Charging Grip - 25€ (will probably cancel the order)
Zelda Special Edition - 99€
Carry case - 20€
Zelda BOTW amiibos - 75€

~620€ or 525€

MrFortyFive

I have a bunch preordered on Amazon, but here's what I'll be charged for day one:

Switch console (grey)
Zelda
The Binding of Isaac (assuming it makes launch day)
Bomberman R

So with tax + prime discount that comes out to about... $450

Barryman

What's the difference in price between the chargeable grip and the normal grip?

The normal grip comes included with the console.

The only reason I can see for wanting the charging grip is if you want to play in TV mode for over 20 hours in a row without taking a break. Otherwise just attach the joycons to the Switch and let them charge...

Thoraxes

Updated:

Switch $275
Pro Controller $67
Zelda/BoI/Bomberman: $103
Hori Case: $18
Screen Protector: $10

$473 for the system, controller, 3 games, and a case/screen protector is pretty good. Waiting to see if another deal pops up so I can snag 1-2-Switch on the cheap, and maybe I Am Setsuna if it's $20.

bibs

On day 1 I'm spending (all in $AUD)

Console Grey: $469.95
BOTW: $89.85
Official Case: $29.95

Total: $589.85

I spent slightly less on my Wii U over 2 years ago so the value for money is decent for me since the system comes with two controllers.

$600-700 at launch? Why don't you just play Zelda on WiiU? It's the same game and it looks the same.

I wouldn't pay that much for an outdated hardware.

Nintendo taking advantage of their fans again.

You guys brought this to yourselves.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
$600-700 at launch? Why don't you just play Zelda on WiiU? It's the same game and it looks the same.

This is a shit post. Congrats.

LotusHD

Banned

There's other games than... Ah, fuck it.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
How is it a shitpost? Zelda looks and plays the same.

Accessory prices are too high and both Nintendo and their fans know it but they still blindly support that decision.

Because people are also buying other games and are excited for the system. Who are you to tell them what to spend?

Because people are also buying other games and are excited for the system. Who are you to tell them what to spend?

Never said don't buy it just saying that Nintendo knows their fans will buy anything from them and they're taking advantage.

You're free to buy it, I don't care how you spend your money.

You guys are too defensive.

Bog

Junior Ace
$700-800 after two Switches (grey + neon), a Pro controller and a few games. All the games were heavily discounted thanks to Best Buy GCU + Visa Checkout.

LotusHD

Banned

e4a829e2-502a-42d4-898f-f3169442026b-bestSizeAvailable.png

Never said don't buy it just saying that Nintendo knows their fans will buy anything from them and they're taking advantage.

You guys are too defensive.

Uhhhhhh. Don't you do the same thing with the phone in your pocket and the console you have in front of you. Companies aren't my friend. I purchase whatever my lil heart desires.

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
Switch - £280
Zelda LE - £90
Pro Controller - £55
128GB Micro SD - £32

£457

Still to buy:

1-2 Switch - £35
Bomberman -£40
Snipperclips - £20
Carry Case - £20
USB C Cable - £10

So potentially £582 😱

JavyOO7

Switch
Zelda
Binding of Issac
Bomberman
And the Zelda amiibos that are also coming out launch day

More I want to get but I'm going to Wrestlemania weekend with a buddy so I have to have some semblance of reason and not spend so much...

But after I pay off the debt I'll buy another pair of joy cons because I want to play ARMS with a few of my friends.

$0 - I realise you can snidely ask why I am posting then but the question was 'how much are you spending' not 'assuming you are buying one then how much...'

oti

Banned
Do we know what the new amiibo do in game? Not an amiibo fan usually but since the LE was lame and I'm really hyped for Zelda I was thinking about getting the Zelda amiibo too.

$0 - I realise you can snidely ask why I am posting then but the question was 'how much are you spending' not 'assuming you are buying one then how much...'

Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom