• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to Get Away with Murder S2|OT| you do it again, duh

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
They definitely said the case was 10 years ago right? So the baby can't be anyone we know on the show.

Joni

They definitely said the case was 10 years ago right? So the baby can't be anyone we know on the show.
The fact that Wes is in the flashbacks should already prove that for people that missed that 10 years ago part. They are all about 22, so it couldn't be Caleb or someone like that.

Annaliese was right about always finding out everything! Turns out she just needed a drunk Laurel to do so. But Laurel definitely killed it this episode. I just love that she calls out everybody on their shit, even when drunk.

Taruranto

Man, Annalise and Nate have no chemistry compared to her and Ever. Too bad I doubt the world is ready for a relationship like that.

There's more to Sam and Frank's past. I think Frank might have been the hitman who killed her child in the car crash.

Mind=Blow

I'm about to catch up with all the episodes since the show came back on. I'm watching the mid-season finale again and fuck the show is so good. fuck

Time for season finale fuckery
grin.gif

If Viola Davis doesn't win every award next year (even ones unrelated to acting and even ones for which humans are ineligible), there's no justice.

jiggle

holy sheet

thought caleb was the last death

so was not expecting that

edit: i need more episodes damnit!
september is too fucking far away

That was an impressively plotted finale.

Not only did it answer the major question from last season's finale reveal (why is Frank so loyal to Annalise, why did he kill Lila), but also quickly resolved the less important ones (who killed the Hapstalls) and didn't wait until next season to answer the biggest one (was Annalise's car "accident" really accidental).

And it did so without missing a single emotional beat, and even threw in some powerful character moments for side characters like Oliver (just being around the Keating 5 is a corrupting force apparently lol) and Michaela (realizing that reckless abandon a.k.a. Asher dick is not the solution to her guilt).

Really, really well done. It seems the Internet chatter is ranking the S1 finale above this one because of the slower family drama with Mama and Papa, but that was my favorite part. Best episode of the series by far.

jiggle

sounds like Flaurel are done for sure from interview

hot hotel girl is gonna be the major villain next season isn't she?

Not only did it answer the major question from last season's finale reveal (why is Frank so loyal to Annalise, why did he kill Lila), but also quickly resolved the less important ones (who killed the Hapstalls) and didn't wait until next season to answer the biggest one (was Annalise's car "accident" really accidental).

they forgot about rebecca though

Leeness

Awesome finale.

So...because Frank is too obvious to be the next killer, let's make up increasingly outlandish stories about who it could be.

Joni

Damn that final moment. I expected that guy to be the monster for next season.
And Amara, I hope we get more Amara next year. We don't even know her name.
And they weren't wrong when they promised black actors who hadn't appeared in anything major.

they forgot about rebecca though
There was nothing left to answer, we already knew the truth as did Wes and Annalise.

Amedo310

Nvm... Frank was indirectly responsible. ok. Wes has to be Charles Mahoney's son. Charles kill his own father to take over the company and hides the truth.

Nvm... Frank was indirectly responsible. ok. Wes has to be Charles Mahoney's son. Charles kill his own father to take over the company and hides the truth.
That makes sense.

Charles' other son finds out about Wes somehow and, before Wes can get himself written into his father's will, kills his father so that he can get all the money for himself.

okay just watched episode 10. Damn... I don't get it, is Bonnie drugging her? Anyway, it was nice to Connor being more caring towards his friends. 5 episodes to go

episode 11 done... damn... i can't believe frank actually told lauren he killed lila
holy fuck

episode 12... um... did wes really kill his fucking mom holy shit

okay i just finished

well okay let me just collect my thoughts because god damn this was so fucking wild
frank's past finally explained, his willingness to do literally everything for annalise now makes sense since what happened and what he did was pretty fucked up.

i loved the whole story we got with annalise, her baby, eve (the best character on the show), rose, and wes. It fleshed out annalise and her relationships with eve and wes and was a pretty nicely thought out backstory.

Asher and Michaela is fucking bullshit. They have ZERO chemistry and the pairing doesn't make sense.

Laurel and Wes would be better as friends but w/e i don't think their romance would be interesting

Laurel this season was fucking godlike. She revealed everyone's bullshit and said something pretty major to Annalise.

This season was honestly so good. I prefer part 2 to part 1 purely because we don't have to deal with Caleb (i fucking hate that guy, all he did the whole season was put up this whiny bitch face) and the whole weird ass incest family drama anymore.

Overall season 2 was fucking amazing... that ending
i said god. damn.

edit:
conrad ricamora (oliver) has been promoted to series regular. Rip his innocent status, I wonder what fucked up shit they'll come up with for him

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
My goodness what a finale!
Wasn't quite at the breakneck, balls to the wall pace I was expecting but my god it hit every beat, just an emotional powerhouse. I adore absolutely every scene with Annalise and her mum, and her mum and her sister thirsting over Nate had me cackling.

The big twist about Caleb came and went so quickly I almost missed it. I wonder what this means for the sister now, will she be able to get out of jail early? Will she be able to live with the guilt knowing that her confession caused Caleb to commit? Will Phillip or her even be in the next season? So many questions.

Super surprised at that last 30 seconds of fuckery. I was very much expecting daddy to be the big bad of next season or at least to be a major character. I guess Frank is the only suspect right now but I can't see it being him as I feel death by sniper isn't in his wheelhouse. I hope its not one of his other children because otherwise they may redo a lot of what they have just done this season, with kids killing their parents for inheritance etc

For next season I can't see Oliver and Connor staying together, not after that email. I'm expecting Connor to have a severe downward spiral. Hes shown repeatedly that he neither wants, nor can cope with the shenanigans.
I'm expecting them to kill of Analise's mum at some point in the next season to. Theyve done a lot to build up that relationship and to show a lot of the background and as we all know any happiness and positivity cannot last, especially when Shonda Rhimes is involved
I hope we get to find out a bit more about Laurel's background too

This season has solved basically every big backstory mystery. I suspect season 3 is gonna show that Asher was right about his dad being murdered, though. But yeah, season 2 blows season 1 away by getting every character fully involved, making them all complicated and human, and still setting up future plots for next season. That finale was brilliantly understated.

The events the night Annalise got shot are probably still gonna have repercussions though. I don't think they put that to bed yet.

I also love that they managed to show us just how much of a piece of fucking shit Sam was. He used the death of his baby to force Frank to murder the innocent college girl having his second baby. Dude continues to be the biggest villain in this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom