• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to get rid of Spiders in bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rindain

Banned
Why why why do I click these threads. My body is itching all over now. Every itch is a spider crawling, laying eggs, burrowing under my skin...

Once a spider laid an egg behind my bookshelf...I found it after those little critters had already hatched. I'm still finding some of those (now grown up) spider children once in a while some corners or under my bed.

My god, some of these picture makes me just want to nuke earth from space.

27wr3hc.jpg

^^^ I've heard many bad things about these bug bombs/foggers but I really don't give a fuck. If I ever see some shit resembling some of the pictures in this thread in my home, I'm fucking buying ten cans of this shit.

Dead Man

Spiders need love t... WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!
1zvwspe.jpg

But yeah, get a bug bomb, then air out the bedding, then get some spider repellent spray, most places that stick bug spray have it, and spray the shit out of the ceiling, doors, windows etc.

idahoblue said:
1zvwspe.jpg

But yeah, get a bug bomb, then air out the bedding, then get some spider repellent spray, most places that stick bug spray have it, and spray the shit out of the ceiling, doors, windows etc.

This is some Dead Space shit right here.

oh pro-tip: Spiders are attracted to CO2 (what you exhale).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
In this thread: Fersis doesnt sleep never again.

Thanks guys T__T

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Sol.. said:
god dammit why do i keep clicking on spider threads.
Im an idiot and i do that all the time... i never learn.
There were a thread about crazy animals... that was awesome.(In a scary way)

Fersis said:
Im an idiot and i do that all the time... i never learn.
There were a thread about crazy animals... that was awesome.(In a scary way)

The frog with the babies that come out it's back should be hunted to extinction.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
idahoblue said:
1zvwspe.jpg

I would kill myself if I saw that.

Smokey

godhandiscen said:
GAF, this girl I am dating has a problem with spiders crawling on top of her bed every now and then. The room is clean but the freaking spiders just keep showing up. I have done a small internet research, but nothing clear came up. Is there any sort of spray or product that I can use to apply to the covers so that the spiders will stay away?

Bail out.

She is tha DEVIL

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
So like...when you're in bed together do you swipe at her chest and tell her that there was a spider there?

...cause that'd be like getting to second base, which is TOTALLY sweet.

Fersis

zaccheus said:
why is everyone on gaf so scared of spiders :lol
Because are we human?
Or are you dancer?

RubxQub

zaccheus said:
why is everyone on gaf so scared of spiders :lol
Probably because it's an anonymous message board where everyone can convey their true feelings without having to worry what their social circle thinks?

...surely you don't think NOT being afraid of these things is normal, right? Because if you do you are wrong.

The are foreign to us and have things all over them such as pincers or hairy legs or multiple eyes or spines. Who knows if they jump, are fast, come in groups...we don't know shit.

Why wouldn't you be scared? Either you know everything about these spiders already, are overly (and potentially dangerously) confident in yourself, or have no sense of self-preservation (aka you support M. Night Shamaylan, which is worse than anything I can think of).

mAcOdIn

I don't get the spider hate either really, outside those fucking brown recluses, ugh, I saw what happened to a guy after one bit him in his sleep, fucking coward spider.

Not deadly unless it bit your jugular or some shit but that's a lot of damage for something as lowly as a spider bite.

I think the fear is instilled by your parents, didn't any of you guys catch these buggers in jars as kids and show them off proudly?

That said I don't like the "feel" of an insect on my skin, I'll just get an envelope to move them but heaven forbid the thing touch me. Ugh. It's like biting into a tomato in the sense I'm not allergic but just the way it feels, yuck.

I'm afraid of all scorpions though even those little harmless ones, just creepy looking bastards.

Fersis

neorej said:
fuck your GF. Squirt the spiders off. Win-win-situation.
Every woman can do that or only some of them ?

I dont have a clue about the subject:3

tokkun

Schattenjagger said:
why? they kill roaches!

To be fair, I got bitten/stung by one of those things once, and it was like an order of magnitude beyond any domestic spider bite I've gotten. It hurt so bad I almost went to the hospital thinking I had an unusual reaction to the venom.

zaccheus

Banned
RubxQub said:
Probably because it's an anonymous message board where everyone can convey their true feelings without having to worry what their social circle thinks?

...surely you don't think NOT being afraid of these things is normal, right? Because if you do you are wrong.

The are foreign to us and have things all over them such as pincers or hairy legs or multiple eyes or spines. Who knows if they jump, are fast, come in groups...we don't know shit.

Why wouldn't you be scared? Either you know everything about these spiders already, are overly (and potentially dangerously) confident in yourself, or have no sense of self-preservation (aka you support M. Night Shamaylan, which is worse than anything I can think of).

overreact much? :D

do you think your ancestors that lived in huts were so afraid of spiders? spiders are an incredibly important part of the ecosystem and the chance of actually getting bitten by and/or even it being a very harmful bite is extremely small. you do know that you're 1000 times bigger than them right?

They are no more frightening than anything else, it's just we as a society/culture have developed with a sense of cleanliness and strict house-keeping standards to keep ourselves healthy (which is why doodoo and rats also disgust people), and spiders hiding in soda cans and behind clocks with their legs sticking out is probably going to set off those culturally ingrained instincts to dispose of the beasties.

so no, i'm not scared. i know that 99% of the time they can't (and will not) hurt me. i'm more afraid of people walking down the street or people on the bus than a spider in the corner of my room not doing anything.

Fersis

Truant said:
You need a pro.

cytheria.jpg
Cytheria.... hehehehe

But really every woman can do something like that?
Im going to ask it on the 'stupid questions thread' :)

RubxQub

zaccheus said:
overreact much? :D

do you think your ancestors that lived in huts were so afraid of spiders? spiders are an incredibly important part of the ecosystem and the chance of actually getting bitten by and/or even it being a very harmful bite is extremely small. you do know that you're 1000 times bigger than them right?

They are no more frightening than anything else, it's just we as a society/culture have developed with a sense of cleanliness and strict house-keeping standards to keep ourselves healthy (which is why doodoo and rats also disgust people), and spiders hiding in soda cans and behind clocks with their legs sticking out is probably going to set off those culturally ingrained instincts to dispose of the beasties.

so no, i'm not scared. i know that 99% of the time they can't (and will not) hurt me. i'm more afraid of people walking down the street or people on the bus than a spider in the corner of my room not doing anything.
But again, you mention in this post why it is "normal" for people to be scared of spiders, yet state you personally aren't.

So we both agree.

pCeSlAyEr

Guybrush Threepwood said:
These are the scariest things ever:

housecentipede7lr.jpg
House Centipedes are creepy as hell... far creepier than spiders. But they eat spiders and other smaller insects, so they arent too bad.

Nothing is quite like walking into your bathroom to find a giant Palmeto bug sitting on your toothbrush!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom