• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HP deal is back (i7-6700, GTX 980Ti, 16GB, 2TB, 500W) for $1127 with coupon

Trouble

Banned
Should I get a Division code if I ordered on 4/23? I'm not even worried about it, I rented it for PS4 at launch and got my fill.

Thanks, I sent an email to that myhpsales@hp.com address now. I included my order number and a link to the division offer page, so hopefully that should be enough, although I still have my doubts. If this doesn't work I guess we'll have to raise a fuss somewhere else, maybe through orders/returns or by sending some messages to their twitter account, assuming they have one.

MBison

Thanks, I sent an email to that myhpsales@hp.com address now. I included my order number and a link to the division offer page, so hopefully that should be enough, although I still have my doubts. If this doesn't work I guess we'll have to raise a fuss somewhere else, maybe through orders/returns or by sending some messages to their twitter account, assuming they have one.

Lemme know what happens. I basically did the same thing and they told me to wait through the 26th. But then gave me no info on what to do next.

Did you all use Ebates with the purchase? It took me like 3 emails to customer support but that took another pretty much even $100 off my order

Implosion

Neo Member
So I ordered one of these with a GTX 970, 6700k, 16GB DDR4, and the 600 watt power supply.

My question is has anybody personally done or seen a guide for replacing the motherboard and case (probably would have to pull the power supply too I imagine)?

I want a decent computer for the Vive and in general gaming, so I want to be able to overclock cpu+gpu, and when Pascal comes out I wanna swap out the 970 with a 1080.

I have no idea if the default HP motherboard is any good other than what I read online about how it's supposedly crap, but I don't wanna risk the whole thing getting fried because of the build quality :(

Thanks.

Did you all use Ebates with the purchase? It took me like 3 emails to customer support but that took another pretty much even $100 off my order

How did you get it off your order? Or do you mean, you got $100 in ebates?

Ebates pays out 4x per year based on your purchases per quarter, to my knowledge, you can't use ebates money on purchases until you get paid out and actually have the money in your bank account.

Drewsky

So when doing a clean install of Windows it's best to delete all the existing partitions? I'm asking because I remember seeing earlier in the thread that that was ok but I think it was specified for a SSD. I don't have an SSD, I'll still be ok deleting all partitions correct?

Ryker

Hey guys, ordered this PC on the 14th, got it on the 22nd, just opened it up earlier yesterday. I got the i7 6700k w/ the 980ti. Did some testing on the GPU and I was able to manage the temperatures just fine with Afterburner. However, when I went to test my CPU under full load with Furmark and prime95, I got temps as high as 82-89c. Should I be worried? If these temps are too hhigh, I'd like to know so I can contact HP. I read that you don't want 80c under full load, and its consistently over that 80c in stress tests.

Hey guys, ordered this PC on the 14th, got it on the 22nd, just opened it up earlier yesterday. I got the i7 6700k w/ the 980ti. Did some testing on the GPU and I was able to manage the temperatures just fine with Afterburner. However, when I went to test my CPU under full load with Furmark and prime95, I got temps as high as 82-89c. Should I be worried? If these temps are too hhigh, I'd like to know so I can contact HP. I read that you don't want 80c under full load, and its consistently over that 80c in stress tests.

Those are not good CPU temps. Probably due to crappy fan and maybe also not enough/cracked thermal paste.

You could probably reseat the fan yourself. You just have to take it off and clean off the thermal paste and reapply paste before putting it back on.

Easier said that done, especially if you're a novice PC user.

Ryker

Those are not good CPU temps. Probably due to crappy fan and maybe also not enough/cracked thermal paste.

You could probably reseat the fan yourself. You just have to take it off and clean off the thermal paste and reapply paste before putting it back on.

Easier said that done, especially if you're a novice PC user.

Can you recommend a replacement fan and paste? I've done it before. I'm just not sure what can fit in this PC. Any responses would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Oh boy.. I just read Dreams-Visions's post about this. Guess I'm just gonna re-do the paste and pray.

B.K.

Mine came today. I wasn't expecting it for another week or so. The shipping date wasn't until May 4. I'd like to hook it up right now, but it will probably be a day or two. I just now started transferring what I want to keep off this old computer and uninstalling programs.

Ludovico

Received an email flagged as urgent from them awhile ago.

Thank you for your purchase of an HP Configure-to-Order desktop computer. We have been informed that the 600W Power Supply option that you had selected had been inadvertently visible within this configurable category when it was not supposed to be. This has been addressed but your order progress has been impacted unless we are able to change the power supply to the 500W option.

So as a result, we want to see if you would like to have your order proceed with the change to the 500W Power Supply. With this change you will also be credited back $20, which is the difference between the two options, back to the method of payment that was used for this computer purchase.

I assume the 500w will be sufficient for the 980ti and 6700k. Worried about the order being pushed back even further, but I know I got a really good deal between the cpu, gpu, and ebate reimbursing me for $200 in the fall.

Totakeke

Received an email flagged as urgent from them awhile ago.

I assume the 500w will be sufficient for the 980ti and 6700k. Worried about the order being pushed back even further, but I know I got a really good deal between the cpu, gpu, and ebate reimbursing me for $200 in the fall.

... Just saw this, this sucks. They gave me a 10% non-stackable coupon but that's worthless.

Ludovico

... Just saw this, this sucks. They gave me a 10% non-stackable coupon but that's worthless.

Yeah, I couldn't expect them to do anything for the custom build price, but that coupon is something I'll never use.
Wonder if it'd be worth asking about adding/upgrading an SSD (went with the 256 iirc) to the thing since it's still in processing....

edit: Sent them confirmation to proceed, received this:
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

no.reply.hp.home.store.communications@hpe.com
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.

oh boy...

Ludovico

I got the same e-mail so I called in. After I explained and was put on hold a couple of times the lady came back and told me to just reply to the e-mail...

I'm on hold again. Did you have better luck?

I'm going to try emailing a few more times over the weekend, and try my luck calling Monday if needs be. Not starting the weekend with CS calls.

Totakeke

I got the same e-mail so I called in. After I explained and was put on hold a couple of times the lady came back and told me to just reply to the e-mail...

I'm on hold again. Did you have better luck?

I called and had to explain the situation like 5 times before I got through to her.

Also they delayed my shipment by two weeks just two days ago. They're charging my order and taking 3 weeks to ship. Whole experience has been pretty bad.

Just got an email from HP with a Division code! It wasn't in response to my previous email I had sent earlier this week, but it has a code that worked so I'm happy enough. So if you haven't received a code try checking your email now and hopefully it'll be there.

Just got an email from HP with a Division code! It wasn't in response to my previous email I had sent earlier this week, but it has a code that worked so I'm happy enough. So if you haven't received a code try checking your email now and hopefully it'll be there.

Success! Just got mine as well!

shangolin

Banned
Did you all you guys send emails to HP to get the code? I'm going to email them now since it seems like it may be a requirement to get it in the first place...

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS
6th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 quad-core processor [3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6G Hard Drive
16GB DDR4-2133 DIMM (2x8GB) RAM
6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 980Ti [DL DVI-I, HDMI, DP, DP, DP]

Is this a pretty good deal for 1200? I don't know what it would cost to build this pc myself piecemeal.

6th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 quad-core processor [3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]

Is this a pretty good deal for 1200? I don't know what it would cost to build this pc myself piecemeal.

check the price of that graphics card alone. Yes it is very good price.

Trojan

This computer is the best investment I've done in years. I went all-in and bought a Vive with it and I'm just crushing anything I put up against it. The Division runs smooth as butter on Ultra (I game on my TV so it's easier) and I've seen nary a frame rate hitch in VR. Could not be happier with the purchase.

I'm tempted to email HP about getting a Division code (I ordered in February, I think, got mine in March), but I doubt it would work, and I'm not that excited to play it.

The PC is still running great, though!

Rflagg

Damn it I couldn't resist this final time, put my order in tonight, I went with the 970 for now so I won't feel as bad when I upgrade the video card in a year or two. I hope deleting the partitions/doing a clean install is as easy as gaf is making it sound.

Ryker

Damn it I couldn't resist this final time, put my order in tonight, I went with the 970 for now so I won't feel as bad when I upgrade the video card in a year or two. I hope deleting the partitions/doing a clean install is as easy as gaf is making it sound.

It's too easy. Log into your computer, register windows 10 and such by going through the first-time setup, download and make a Windows 10 install disc from MS's site, change boot order to boot from CD first(or USB if you're using a stick), click install windows or w/e it says, delete all partitions, create a new installation using all of the freed up space, say yes to allowing Windows 10 to create some additional small backup partitions, and install. My boot time went from like 30 seconds to 8 seconds after i got rid of the HP bloatware.

Also, update.. I re-applied the thermal paste on my i7 6700k and my temp dropped to fluctuating from 73c-79c in stress tests, I hit 74c earlier when playing a game, that's about it. so I'm pretty satisfied. I think things will be ok now.

newsguy

Finally got my code. Check promotions folders people. Mine went in there. And so did my Vive codes woohoo! So once I put the code in u play how do I get the game from s? Does it link somehow?

It would cost a lot more to build it yourself. You're getting a $1,700 machine for $1,200.

So does the Division not redeem to steam? It redeems to uplay?

Yes, U-Play.

Top Bottom