• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HUGE Sony 09 blowout - LittleBigPlanet PSP, Uncharted 2, Price cuts & more

Stage On said:
Wth why did they let us know they would be having a price drop in march now?

I mean why would we bother to buy it now when we know we can wait a couple months and get it cheaper now?
Since people buy christmas presents anyway and this was after all not an official statement, they may or may not cut the price. If asked they will deny anything.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
It'd work really well though like GOW QTE's tap X to control thrust, waggle the controller to control for directon, then oral etc could be sequenced, its so obvious.
Sure, Naughty Dog is naughty enough to be up to the task, but you know that they actually took away the capability to shoot animals in the first version to not risk a harder rating. Sad but true.

WrikaWrek said:
It doesn't get penalized. And if you wanna make up for the lack of multiplayer, try offering a bit more re playability with the level design.

I don't agree. Uncharted isn't seen as a shooter, it's like saying that Tomb Raider needs mp. It doesn't.

It's an adventure game, not a war game, so MP doesn't exactly come into play as far as expectations go.

Regardless of the perception of Uncharted, the comparisons between it and Tomb Raider are simply not applicable. Uncharted actually has very good shooting mechanics that would easily translate to multiplayer play.

Darunia said:
There's nothing wrong with multiplay. All I'm saying is that there's a possibility that it could go wrong and the quality of the campaign might suffer because of it.

Your reason for wanting competitive play is just that it might 'boost sales'. Not that you really felt the game as a package needed it.

Also personally, about Gears? No for me it doesn't need multi because all I play is co-op campaign :p

If Uncharted 2 has multi and both sides are equally polished (which is likely with a team like ND) that's an impressive achievement, but if the team feels like they're better off making an even better campaign... That'd be a choice I'd respect.

All I'm saying is that I hate this trend where games that are clearly sp experiences 'need' mp.

Oh, I agree, I don't want single player to be cheapened because of multiplayer play. But, Uncharted 2's development this time should be a lot more efficient since they've ironed out a formula that works and now all they have to do is iterate for the sequel.

BeeDog

I just can't see how Uncharted's shooting system would be a good fit for competitive multiplayer. The Uncharted controls are way too responsive (which occasionally results in strange animation blending) to fit. Take the camera for example, it rotates fast as hell and allows you to aim extremely fast in pretty much all directions, which eliminates the true competitive spirit to a certain degree. Also, all the jumping, climbing and whatever would be ripe for exploiting in a multiplayer environment when lag is introduced. The hitboxes combined with the sometimes strange animation blending would probably also piss off a lot of MP gamers.

I'm not good at explaining things, gah.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
Regardless of the perception of Uncharted, the comparisons between it and Tomb Raider are simply not applicable. Uncharted actually has very good shooting mechanics that would easily translate to multiplayer play.

That's not the point. The point is, multiplayer wouldn't bolster sales simply because MP doesn't factor into the expectations of the genre.

WrikaWrek said:
That's not the point. The point is, multiplayer wouldn't bolster sales simply because MP doesn't factor into the expectations of the genre.

That's like saying having co-op play in Resident Evil 5 wouldn't potentially increase sales because it's not expected of the genre.

I don't think expectations have much of a role here. It's what the end product delivers, and if people see that it has extensive, compelling multiplayer play, then that represents more longterm 'value' to the consumer.

Uncharted 2 with many of Gears 2's multiplayer modes would sell significantly more units than Uncharted 1, or Uncharted 2 WITHOUT any of that.

Linkified

Hellraizer said:
Ok, now lets all imagine Uncharted 2 Multiplayer. Yeah sounds awesome.

Now everyone think back on Condemned 2 and Darkness.

Back to Uncharted 2 Multiplayer. Yeah. No.

I compare Uncharted to those because Uncharted, just like the other two, feels like a pure SP game, a MP mode could just be something that got forced (like it did in Condemned and Darkness)...and the chances that it's executed poorly then are high (like they were in Condemned and Darkness) as I dont see it fit in a game like this.

Hang about though it wouldn't feel forced on if they put a bit of time and effort. Sure I can see your concerns, but in reality Uncharted fealt more like Gears in the jungle than anything else. And really how else to extend your replayability in uncharted than pick up little trinkets you find.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
That's like saying having co-op play in Resident Evil 5 wouldn't potentially increase sales because it's not expected of the genre.

I don't think expectations have much of a role here. It's what the end product delivers, and if people see that it has extensive, compelling multiplayer play, then that represents more longterm 'value' to the consumer.

Uncharted 2 with many of Gears 2's multiplayer modes would sell significantly more units than Uncharted 1, or Uncharted 2 WITHOUT any of that.

I don't think so.

Uncharted isn't Gears. Gears is a war game. Res5 will have Co Op, because it is fun to survive a bunch of zombies with a friend, but add competitive MP to Res5 and it doesn't add, you know, because it's not something you require from it.

Same for Uncharted. And same for Tomb Raider. If tomb Raider had Gears of War shooting mechanics like Uncharted, that wouldn't instantly mean that MP would be good to it.

Wollan

I would like to see competitive in Uncharted.

It's like the one cover based game that also offers movement flexibility.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
But it has the same shooting mechanics as Gears, for the most part.

I edited post, added stuff.

It's not a war game. Tomb Raider with Gears of War shooting mechanics wouldn't suddenly make competitive MP something that would fit Tomb Raider well, or that it would bolster sales.

You don't buy an adventure game to shoot people in the face online, for that you buy a war game, like gears.

WrikaWrek said:

It's not a war game. Tomb Raider with Gears of War shooting mechanics wouldn't suddenly make competitive MP something that would fit Tomb Raider well, or that it would bolster sales.

You don't buy an adventure game to shoot people in the face online, for that you buy a war game, like gears.

See, I just don't think the distinction really matters. Despite the fact that you could classify Gears as a war game and Uncharted as an adventure game, outside of the platforming and puzzle elements of Uncharted they basically are games with cover based shooting at their core, and that generally translates decently well into competitive play.

I enjoy the mobility of Uncharted's controls, and feel it would definitely be a compelling addition if Naughty Dog put in the effort to polish it and put its own spin on things.

Linkified

WrikaWrek said:

But seen as in Uncharted theres an actual enemy human force, unlike say a tomb raider where you tend to be shooting anything from tigers to t-rex's, You could just have pirate faction vs pirate faction. Naughty Dog could do some pretty sweet things with a competive multiplayer.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
WrikaWrek said:
It doesn't get penalized. And if you wanna make up for the lack of multiplayer, try offering a bit more re playability with the level design.

I don't agree. Uncharted isn't seen as a shooter, it's like saying that Tomb Raider needs mp. It doesn't.

It's an adventure game, not a war game, so MP doesn't exactly come into play as far as expectations go.
Totally agreed here. Something like Uncharted doesn't benefit from MP. Now if they redesigned it to work with 2P then I would be open but just like KZ2, I wouldn't want them to change and scale back their vision for 2 players though.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
See, I just don't think the distinction really matters. Despite the fact that you could classify Gears as a war game and Uncharted as an adventure game, outside of the platforming and puzzle elements of Uncharted they basically are games with cover based shooting at their core, and that generally translates decently well into competitive play.

I enjoy the mobility of Uncharted's controls, and feel it would definitely be a compelling addition if Naughty Dog put in the effort to polish it and put its own spin on things.

I'm just saying that it wouldn't add much. People that buy games like Uncharted, don't buy it for the MP, and people that are interested in putting hours on MP don't buy games like Uncharted.

It would just be a +1 in the back of the box.

Linkified said:
But seen as in Uncharted theres an actual enemy human force, unlike say a tomb raider where you tend to be shooting anything from tigers to t-rex's, You could just have pirate faction vs pirate faction. Naughty Dog could do some pretty sweet things with a competive multiplayer.

Tomb Raider also has human enemies. But that's not even the point, the point is, it would probably mean too much money and time spent on an MP mode that in the end would end up meaning dick for the game's success.

WrikaWrek said:
I'm just saying that it wouldn't add much. People that buy games like Uncharted, don't buy it for the MP, and people that are interested in putting hours on MP don't buy games like Uncharted.

It would just be a +1 in the back of the box.

Tomb Raider also has human enemies. But that's not even the point, the point is, it would probably mean too much money and time spent on an MP mode that in the end would end up meaning dick for the game's success.

I disagree, I think people buy games for their overall value, and if there's a multiplayer mode then they'd buy rather than renting and playing through once.

I don't see why a competitive multiplayer mode in Uncharted wouldn't be worth adding, yet it would be worth adding to a game like Gears. The only real substantial difference here is the theme and world the games take place in.

If Uncharted 2 had competitive/horde modes, I'd play them just as much as I do with Gears 2 if they were good.

Linkified

WrikaWrek said:

I'll ask you this then how would you add replayability to Uncharted if you don't want to add multiplayer into it? Apart from collecting trinkets that you find.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Linkified said:
I'll ask you this then how would you add replayability to Uncharted if you don't want to add multiplayer into it? Apart from collecting trinkets that you find.

Easy. Level Design, that not only allow you to platform through it in interesting and different ways, but also allow in combat scenarios, for the A.I to really change the way the combat plays out when you replay it.

That's the kind of replayability that someone who wants to buy a game like Uncharted would like to see.

Private Hoffman said:
I disagree, I think people buy games for their overall value, and if there's a multiplayer mode then they'd buy rather than renting and playing through once.

I don't see why a competitive multiplayer mode in Uncharted wouldn't be worth adding, yet it would be worth adding to a game like Gears. The only real substantial difference here is the theme and world the games take place in.

If Uncharted 2 had competitive/horde modes, I'd play them just as much as I do with Gears 2 if they were good.

I just highly disagree with you, and you keep with the Gears - Uncharted thing, look, Gears is a war game, it's not an adventure game like Uncharted.

And yes, i'm sure YOU would play it as much as you do Gears 2 (lol, do you even play Gears 2? cmon man), but i'm talking outside of enthusiasts, you know normal gamers.

And the only real substancial difference you mention, is pretty fucking big. Not to mention the whole Squad theme going on in Gears, marines, a war is going on, etc.

Linkified

WrikaWrek said:
Easy. Level Design, that not only allow you to platform through it in interesting and different ways, but also allow in combat scenarios, for the A.I to really change the way the combat plays out when you replay it.

That's the kind of replayability that someone who wants to buy a game like Uncharted would like to see.

So you want multiple ways to go through a level, and then for the different combat scenarios you want to have one instance where you defending something with a turret gun, then being forced to kill enenies with a certain weapons.

And the AI I can agree but it seemed to be pretty good in the first one.

Linkified

WrikaWrek said:
I just highly disagree with you, and you keep with the Gears - Uncharted thing, look, Gears is a war game, it's not an adventure game like Uncharted.

And yes, i'm sure YOU would play it as much as you do Gears 2 (lol, do you even play Gears 2? cmon man), but i'm talking outside of enthusiasts, you know normal gamers.

And the only real substancial difference you mention, is pretty fucking big. Not to mention the whole Squad theme going on in Gears, marines, a war is going on, etc.

YOU DON'T HAVE THE FUCKING SINGLE PLAYER CHARACTER SKINS THEN.

Seriously.

You have pirate faction vs pirate faction.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Linkified said:
So you want multiple ways to go through a level, and then for the different combat scenarios you want to have one instance where you defending something with a turret gun, then being forced to kill enenies with a certain weapons.

And the AI I can agree but it seemed to be pretty good in the first one.

Being forced is not what i had in mind. Look for example, the church level in Uncharted 1, now imagine that physics play a bigger part, bullets can go through wood, you can use the environment against your enemy, the enemy can use it against you, etc etc. Combat that approaches something more like sandbox.

That's what i would love to see, sure have scripted sequences that kick ass, which imo were lacking in Uncharted 1, but for the standard combat, try to go with something where creativity and not just quick reflexes allow you to shape the combat.

Linkified said:
YOU DON'T HAVE THE FUCKING SINGLE PLAYER CHARACTER SKINS THEN.

Seriously.

You have pirate faction vs pirate faction.

I wasn't thinking it would be Drake vs Drake. And i know i might seem stupid, but i don't have bad eye vision, no need for a stupid attempt at yelling through writing.

I'm just saying it's not something you look forward in an adventure game. It's something you expect from a game with the themes that Gears has.

I'm not even sure coop would work all that well in Uncharted2. They would probably have to tone down the platforming even more.

Uncharted multiplayer > No Uncharted multiplayer.

This supposes that adding multiplayer would be at no cost to the single player. Any time, resources and manpower put into mulitplayer would be taken away from the singleplayer. I'd prefer ND to put everything into making the most polished, varied and creative SP game possible, than divert their attention towards a mulitplayer that's its unlikely many people would play.

Linkified

WrikaWrek said:
Being forced is not what i had in mind. Look for example, the church level in Uncharted 1, now imagine that physics play a bigger part, bullets can go through wood, you can use the environment against your enemy, the enemy can use it against you, etc etc. Combat that approaches something more like sandbox.

That's what i would love to see, sure have scripted sequences that kick ass, which imo were lacking in Uncharted 1, but for the standard combat, try to go with something where creativity and not just quick reflexes allow you to shape the combat.

I wasn't thinking it would be Drake vs Drake. And i know i might seem stupid, but i don't have bad eye vision, no need for a stupid attempt at yelling through writing.

I'm just saying it's not something you look forward in an adventure game. It's something you expect from a game with the themes that Gears has.

1)It may seem cool to you but for a normal gamers who just play madden/fifa and decide to pick it up its not a feature that can be identifiable apart from hardcore gamers. Whereas they can see multiplayer as an added feature.

2) I'm been saying pirate vs pirate for competitive multiplayer, or the games heroes as skins to be used in a 'horde' mode for a bit now.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Linkified said:
2) I'm been saying pirate vs pirate for competitive multiplayer, or the games heroes as skins to be used in a 'horde' mode for a bit now.

I've been saying to you that it doesn't make a difference.

And overall, my attitude is, not everything needs competitive MP people.

WrikaWrek said:

The distinction is stupid. I keep with the Gears - Uncharted thing because *GASP* the core shooting gameplay is incredibly similar. I don't see why it wouldn't work in Uncharted. Not enough chainsaw for you?

As for playing Gears 2. Yes, I do play it. Quite a lot, actually. Not sure what that's supposed to suggest.

Not really. It's a superficial difference.

Linkified

WrikaWrek said:
I've been saying to you that it doesn't make a difference.

And overall, my attitude is, not everything needs competitive MP people.

You do when you are Sony:

1)You need mp to convince average gamers that they are getting alot of content for the price they paid.

2)And to make sure gamers don't trade them in.

These 2 points coupled with the fact that the worlds going to be entering a recession seems a logical addition to the game to add multiplayer.

Really we'll just have to wait till it gets announced with details.

i think the price cut rumor is a dead giveaway that this is fake insider info.

theres no way any company/retailer in their right minds would be talking about the P-word right before the holiday season

DMeisterJ

Banned
I haven't played Uncharted, but I don't think that it needs multi-player.

It'd be tacked on very much so. And with the excellent word of mouth the first one has enjoyed, and didn't need it, it'd be fine.

Also, how would it work? would it be sixteen Drakes against sixteen Aztec Warriors?

roxya

BeeDog said:
I just can't see how Uncharted's shooting system would be a good fit for competitive multiplayer. The Uncharted controls are way too responsive (which occasionally results in strange animation blending) to fit. Take the camera for example, it rotates fast as hell and allows you to aim extremely fast in pretty much all directions, which eliminates the true competitive spirit to a certain degree. Also, all the jumping, climbing and whatever would be ripe for exploiting in a multiplayer environment when lag is introduced. The hitboxes combined with the sometimes strange animation blending would probably also piss off a lot of MP gamers.

I'm not good at explaining things, gah.

You know, PC (as in kb/mouse) gaming has been like this forever. Being able to aim quickly doesn't have any bearing on how good MP can be.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
The distinction is stupid. I keep with the Gears - Uncharted thing because *GASP* the core shooting gameplay is incredibly similar. I don't see why it wouldn't work in Uncharted. Not enough chainsaw for you?

As for playing Gears 2. Yes, I do play it. Quite a lot, actually. Not sure what that's supposed to suggest.

Would Bioshock with competitive MP make it a bigger success? Did MP make the Darkness any less of a flop?

Just because you share core mechanics doesn't mean shit. Res5 can control like Gears now, but without cover mechanic, so should it have competitive MP? No.

It's not about "working" or not, it's about the game benefiting from resources being taken away from the SP and be devoted to MP. Why? For a like an extra 10 k sales?

This why i say it's not Gears. Gears is perceived as a shooter, an action blockbuster that appeals to a ton shit of people who "demand" mp from such games. Uncharted is an adventure game, and adding MP to it wouldn't make people suddenly go "Oh, i'm going to buy and adventure game because it has competitive MP".

Target audience. So you suddenly turn a very solo experience, a very "lonely" one, and suddenly offer MP where squads of pirates shoot each other?

Stranglehold had MP, nobody gave a shit. Why? Because MP doesn't add anything to it. So what if Fallout 3 controls like an FPS, etc etc.

So if you can explain to me, what kind of impact in the game's success you think MP could make, in Uncharted's case, go ahead.

Linkified

DMeisterJ said:
I haven't played Uncharted, but I don't think that it needs multi-player.

It'd be tacked on very much so. And with the excellent word of mouth the first one has enjoyed, and didn't need it, it'd be fine.

Also, how would it work? would it be sixteen Drakes against sixteen Aztec Warriors?

I'm thinking pirate faction vs pirate faction for competitive and for cooperative 'horde' hero characters i.e. drake/elana/etc. vs waves of pirates trying to remove relics from the map you have to prevent them. Each relic left on the map acts as a multiplier.

WrikaWrek

Banned
mountain_duwe said:
Ok, what if Uncharted II came with multiplayer and it was really, really, really fun and well-done? What would you guys say then?

Resources that could've been better spent on making the SP better/longer.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm indifferent on multiplayer.

Just balance out the adventure/puzzles and gunfighting and I'll be all over this one.

I love singleplayer games, a good, long campaign is the best -- but the fact is, multiplayer adds an unlimited amount of replayability, and solidifies the purchase as much as anything ever could. The thought of a multiplayer game with a cover system and modern setting with BEAUTIFUL graphics has me very excited.

I think I said this somewhere in the topic but, imagine customizing your own pirate/treasure hunter/spelunker. Then, either have weapon loadouts OR weapons to pick up all over the map -- you'd start with a 9mm and a grenade or two, and then assault rifles, shotguns, sniper rifles and explosives strewn about the map? I like the loadout idea better, but I could deal with 'old-school' gameplay as well.

Game modes, as an above poster said, most of them would focus on treasure. Sure, you'd have your classic deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag...but then game modes where there's a relic to collect somewhere in the middle of the map and brought back to the spawn and held there for an extended period of time. Then, a game mode where one team has to control a relic they spawned with...almost like a 'VIP' type situation.

If I can think of this while brainstorming in 5 minutes, what could Naughty Dog do if they committed to coming through with a great competitive multiplayer? I don't see what's wrong with it. In theory, it's awesome. In theory. We'll see eventually, I guess.

WrikaWrek said:
Would Bioshock with competitive MP make it a bigger success? Did MP make the Darkness any less of a flop?

Perhaps if BioShock had core mechanics that were conducive to online play, which they are not.

Just because you share core mechanics doesn't mean shit. Res5 can control like Gears now, but without cover mechanic, so should it have competitive MP? No.

Right, but RE5 is not Uncharted, and Uncharted does have a cover mechanic.

It's not about "working" or not, it's about the game benefiting from resources being taken away from the SP and be devoted to MP. Why? For a like an extra 10 k sales?

I think the title easily would benefit from multiplayer and co-operative modes.

They would extend the life of the title beyond a single player experience, and if done well they could easily add more to the third person shooter genre.

This why i say it's not Gears. Gears is perceived as a shooter, an action blockbuster that appeals to a ton shit of people who "demand" mp from such games. Uncharted is an adventure game, and adding MP to it wouldn't make people suddenly go "Oh, i'm going to buy and adventure game because it has competitive MP".

I think quite a lot of people would buy it if the multiplayer modes were compelling enough. There's a lot of people out there that would otherwise simply rent or buy Uncharted used much later on because it DOESN'T have online modes.

Target audience. So you suddenly turn a very solo experience, a very "lonely" one, and suddenly offer MP where squads of pirates shoot each other?

I don't see the issue with that. You can have a game with a very solo experience and a competitive/cooperative experience.

Stranglehold had MP, nobody gave a shit. Why? Because MP doesn't add anything to it. So what if Fallout 3 controls like an FPS, etc etc.

Perhaps that's because stranglehold doesn't have a very good online multiplayer mode? I don't know, I haven't played it.

So if you can explain to me, what kind of impact in the game's success you think MP could make, in Uncharted's case, go ahead.

I think it could make a huge difference. Unfortunately single player games that aren't open-world in theme don't tend to do as well (God of War being an exception) than their multiplayer counterparts.

Adding more long term value to Uncharted 2 would definitely boost sales and boost replayability.

Wollan said:
How do you know?

Games don't come out of a big vending machine. Sony doesn't go up and put in $20million and it spits out the finished product. They are made by a finite team of people. Every person commited to making maps and game design for the multiplayer is a person not creating new enviroments, events, gameplay setups for the singleplayer.

Die Squirrel Die said:
Games don't come out of a big vending machine. Sony doesn't go up and put in $20million and it spits out the finished product. They are made by a finite team of people. Every person commited to making maps and game design for the multiplayer is a person not creating new enviroments, events, gameplay setups for the singleplayer.

Gears 2 was done in two years and has a lengthy (better) single player mode, lots of multiplayer maps, and a horde mode. All of this, despite Gears 1 probably taking much longer to develop.

The development of Uncharted 2 should be more refined this time around, thus saving the production team some time to add in other online modes to the title.

Private Hoffman said:
Adding more long term value to Uncharted 2 would definitely boost sales and boost replayability.

Bingo. Drake's Fortune was a really good game, and it had a good amount of replayability, with awards and such. Add in trophies, and the replayability was multiplied ten-fold.

Now dig this...an Uncharted sequel, just as good, potentially BETTER in most ways than the first, with mandatory trophies AND a new multiplayer mode? It could be a classic.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
Perhaps if BioShock had core mechanics that were conducive to online play, which they are not.

It's an FPS. :lol What more do you want?

Right, but RE5 is not Uncharted, and Uncharted does have a cover mechanic.

So a cover system is what REs5 lacks for MP? I didn't know that MP games needed a cover system, that's a new one.

I think the title easily would benefit from multiplayer and co-operative modes.

They would extend the life of the title beyond a single player experience, and if done well they could easily add more to the third person shooter genre.

Add more to the third person shooter genre? But...MP has been done before in third person, what are you talking about man?

I think quite a lot of people would buy it if the multiplayer modes were compelling enough. There's a lot of people out there that would otherwise simply rent or buy Uncharted used much later on because it DOESN'T have online modes.

I don't agree at all.

I don't see the issue with that. You can have a game with a very solo experience and a competitive/cooperative experience.

You can, doesn't mean it fits well, is wanted, or needed.

Perhaps that's because stranglehold doesn't have a very good online multiplayer mode? I don't know, I haven't played it.

Besides the fact that you directly assume that Uncharted 2 would have a good MP, having a bad MP actually might actually be a bad thing in the end, because of reviews. So why go for it, when the people that want to buy the game you are making don't look for it, and people who look for MP will look in other places.

I think it could make a huge difference. Unfortunately single player games that aren't open-world in theme don't tend to do as well (God of War being an exception) than their multiplayer counterparts.

Huge difference? Huge difference? Man i hope your whole gears thing comparison doesn't come from this misplaced believe that if Uncharted had MP it would be doing Gears numbers.

Just because you add MP, doesn't mean people will care for it.

So yeah, highly disagree with you, but i'm starting to understand where you are coming from, i just think you are seeing things in a wrong way.

Arnie

Bear in mind UC2 will presumably release fall 09, competing with COD6.
UC2's competitive MP would have to be mindblowingly good to be considered relevant.

mountain_duwe said:
Bingo. Drake's Fortune was a really good game, and it had a good amount of replayability, with awards and such. Add in trophies, and the replayability was multiplied ten-fold.

Now dig this...an Uncharted sequel, just as good, potentially BETTER in most ways than the first, with mandatory trophies AND a new multiplayer mode? It could be a classic.

Or dig this...an Uncharted sequel, that is vastly superior to the first, with mandatory trophies, without the development being distracted by making a multiplayer mode. It could be a classic.

The thing is, outside of games that are multiplayer only like TF2 or Warhawk, even with the biggest multiplayer game such as Halo or CoD, a substantial proportion of the audience never touches the multiplayer. Then as WrikaWrek covered there are plenty of games where the MP has done nothing to help sales. The MP audience tend to stick to a handful of titles, and with Warhawk, Resistance, Socom and Killzone, just to name the 1st party titles, already serving PS3 owners the likelihood is that any MP in Uncharted2 coming this late to the party, off the back of a SP only predecessor, would pass people by.

Top Bottom