• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hummer is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad they are pieces of shit IMO. And who really wants a vehicle with such shitty gas mileage?!? Sure richer people can afford it but its all vanity.

3rd GM company to fall too if i'm not mistaken

Boonoo

They never got the chance to make the mini hummer! Think of it! It would have the shape of a hummer, but it would be the size of a mini.
It would be the logical conclusion of their size reductions. It could be the H9 or so.

EL Beefo

They were useless ever since they canceled the H1. The H2 and H3 were just giant SUV's made more for the road than the dirt.

Falch

The king is dead.

Long live the king:

smart_unimog-L.jpg

perfectchaos007 said:
God dammit Greenpeace, look what you've done :(
You idiot.

Greenpeace didn't kill Hummer . . . the free market did. People didn't buy them because they realized they were stupid & wasteful.

Some Libertarian you are. You just don't get it.

Boonoo said:
They never got the chance to make the mini hummer! Think of it! It would have the shape of a hummer, but it would be the size of a mini.
It would be the logical conclusion of their size reductions. It could be the H9 or so.
hummer.png

Rugged Hummer Design...

The HUMMER H3™ is the first proportionally correct and only Licensed custom Estate/Golf Car styled after the HUMMER H3™. It includes standard features such as 15 inch custom built and proportioned HUMMER wheels, rugged all aluminum I-beam chassis, Genuine HUMMER Chrome grill, standard equipment functional headlights, tail lights, turn signals and fog lights. Patent Pending 180 degree tailgate. The all new HUMMER H3™ Estate/Golf Car is the new industry standard for custom luxury electric vehicles.

http://acgcars.com/hummer_h3/

Zeke

man some of the responses in this thread are great. The hate is almost dripping out of the internet :lol

LQX

So much hate for the Hummer. I thought they were sexy. And still some of best commercials for a car/SUV ever.

speculawyer said:
You idiot.

Greenpeace didn't kill Hummer . . . the free market did. People didn't buy them because they realized they were stupid & wasteful.

Some Libertarian you are. You just don't get it.

Sorry you thought my post was serious

How pathetic was GM? They can't even sell old units for peanuts.

Saturn . . . deal fell through.

Saab . . . initial deal fell through, recent deal for a mere $400 million ($74 million of which was cash).

Hummer . . . deal fell through.

speculawyer said:

Saab . . . initial deal fell through, recent deal for a mere $400 million ($74 million of which was cash).

Pathetic is correct.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The most baffling thing about those road whales is their cramped interior. It still amazes me how they managed to create such an uncomfortable thing given its gargantuan dimensions. It may very well be GM's finest engineering accomplishement.

Pimpwerx

speculawyer said:

They wanted Saab? I was disappointed with how Subaru handled them, but Scooby had way more in common with the AWD Saabs than anything GM made. Hell, Saabs handled like Subarus long before they were bought. I used to admire how nicely those ugly-ass cars handled. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom