• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hundreds of Palestinians flee as Israel opens dams into Gaza Valley [Update: fake]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shocked how little value you place on non-Israeli life.
I value Palestinian lives a hell of a lot more than Hamas and the rest of the Arab world does.

I also value the truth. Which is why I don't just swallow down any obviously biased article from an obviously biased source just because it implicates Israel in wrong-doing.

I'll hold out for a reliable source before passing judgement. The left-wing press such as Haaretz has nothing on the subject.

Apparently this has happened before (at least once in 2013 with record rainfall that year too) and there weren't any dams then either? This is kind of a hilarious shit show.

Cromat

So is there anything to substantiate this claim? The region just saw its biggest storm in decades and Gaza is a low plain.

The fact that we have to dive so deep and work so hard to actually find sources on the story says something.

I have just spent some time looking on all major news networks and I've found absolutely nothing on the case.

I deem this a false story, I apologize for bringing false information to you guys.

The fact that we have to dive so deep and work so hard to actually find sources on the story says something.

It´s says a lot about this conflict as a whole. It says you don´t really need news to make some. You read it somewhere and made this thread, someone else tweeted it. And within minutes you have thousands who just read the headline and believe it´s the truth because they wan´t it to be true. Israel has to be the devil. One small headline and the bias of thousands got rewarded and maybe hundrets found new bias where there was none.

It´s says a lot about this conflict as a whole. It says you don´t really need news to make some. You read it somewhere and made this thread, someone else tweeted it. And within minutes you have thousands who just read the headline and believe it´s the truth because they wan´t it to be true. Israel has to be the devil. One small headline and the bias of thousands got rewarded and maybe hundrets found new bias where there was none.

The blame is on me completely, I strive to be absolutely honest and truthfull in my posting, but I failed and made I mistake.

I got the article from a pretty trustworthy person, a PHD student by the name of Leila Stockmarr from Denmark, who specializes in the arsenal of the Israeli army. She shared this article and I thought it trustworthy.

I'll take it as a lesson that I can hopefully learn something from.

The blame is on me completely, I strive to be absolutely honest and truthfull in my posting, but I failed and made I mistake.

I got the article from a pretty trustworthy person, a PHD student by the name of Leila Stockmarr from Denmark, who specializes in the arsenal of the Israeli army. She shared this article and I thought it trustworthy.

I'll take it as a lesson that I can hopefully learn something from.
I often roll my eyes at your threads but I just want to say I respect that you don't stick stubbornly to one viewpoint like so many other posters - including myself in the past. Also I saw that you are actually going to visit Israel yourself which is really cool.

I often roll my eyes at your threads but I just want to say I respect that you don't stick stubbornly to one viewpoint like so many other posters - including myself in the past. Also I saw that you are actually going to visit Israel yourself which is really cool.

Stubborness leads to intellectual suicide, I've always strived to put myself in the opposite viewpoints position as a way to gain insight into their line of thought and in turn also learn more about myself.

This thread is more of a case of being lenient with my source critcism. Big mistake!

And with regards to the Israel trip I will be traveling in about a month, can't wait!

Stubborness leads to intellectual suicide, I've always strived to put myself in the opposite viewpoints position as a way to gain insight into their line of thought and in turn also learn more about myself.

This thread is more of a case of being lenient with my source critcism. Big mistake!

And with regards to the Israel trip I will be traveling in about a month, can't wait!

AJ really lent this credibility. I don't blame many for a passing acceptance of it. They usually are trustworthy.

Syriel

You seem a lot more angry about the perceived unfairness of the articles towards the Israel authorities instead of all the displaced Palestinians caused by the flooding.

Those damn Palestinians and their home in the way of the damn water, so annoying.

Regardless of which side you think is "right," making up news stories for nothing more than propaganda value should always be condemned.

You try and make the point of sensational headlines and sensationalize the situation in the exact opposite direction using literally only three short sentences.

Sarcasm hurts the most when it is true. And since the story seems to be made up out of thin air, you can't really blame the flooding on anything but mother nature.

Apparently this has happened before (at least once in 2013 with record rainfall that year too) and there weren't any dams then either? This is kind of a hilarious shit show.

Gotta give the source proper for making up past incidents to help make the current fantasy seem more real.

That's the problem with propaganda and bias. Especially in the sound bite world we live in.

There is enough crap going on there that one shouldn't need to exaggerate. Just show the truth. The reality is that incidents like this only help Israel, because the next time something actually does happen the first thing that will come up in response is "For real? Or is this made up like that damn thing?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom