• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Erigu

York Shin City translates to York New City, which is just New York City.
Pariston Hill is a Paris Hilton joke.
I don't think there's anything beyond that.
Oh, there would be more.
For example, "Masadoru Deigo" (or however they spelled that name in the subs) is very likely to be a reference to Kim Jong-il.
In Chinese characters, the name "Kim Jong-il" is written "金 正日". So you have "金", that is to say "gold", or "ゴールド" / "gōrudo" in Japanese, then "正", which can be pronounced as "マサ" / "masa" in Japanese, and finally "日", meaning "day", which would in turn be pronounced "デイ" / "dei" in Japanese. Rearrange all those, and you get the name "マサドルデイーゴ" / "Masadorudeīgo".

Now explain Zoldick.
I'm still not sure what your hang-up is with that one, actually?

Tizoc

Oh, there would be more.
For example, "Masadoru Deigo" (or however they spelled that name in the subs) is very likely to be a reference to Kim Jong-il.
In Chinese characters, the name "Kim Jong-il" is written "金 正日". So you have "金", that is to say "gold", or "ゴールド" / "gōrudo" in Japanese, then "正", which can be pronounced as "マサ" / "masa" in Japanese, and finally "日", meaning "day", which would in turn be pronounced "デイ" / "dei" in Japanese. Rearrange all those, and you get the name "マサドルデイーゴ" / "Masadorudeīgo".

I'm still not sure what your hang-up is with that one, actually?

Well for one thing, for the longest time I thought it was supposed to be Zodiac, and really it just nagged me for the longest time because of that 'L' in the name.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I was rewatching episodes of the anime last night. Man I can't wait till the dub on Toonami gets to the Phantom Troupe. That entire fight between Chrollo and Zeno and Silva was fucking great.

2379fcb3931bc06ad70240c8d1decf1cfc9c8912_hq.gif

chrollovszoldyck.gif

I was rewatching episodes of the anime last night. Man I can't wait till the dub on Toonami gets to the Phantom Troupe. That entire fight between Chrollo and Zeno and Silva was fucking great.

2379fcb3931bc06ad70240c8d1decf1cfc9c8912_hq.gif

chrollovszoldyck.gif
Can't wait for Toonami to see how legit old ass dudes are in HxH. "It's just some old ass man, how dangerous can he be? FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!"

Tizoc

Silva/Silver looks like David Bowie now that I think about it.

BTW anyone played any Hunter X Hunter video games released on PSOne onwards, etc.? Any of them good?

Also Hisoka being invigorated by Gon in their Heavens Arena duel is some uncomfrotable shit.

HStallion

Silva/Silver looks like David Bowie now that I think about it.

BTW anyone played any Hunter X Hunter video games released on PSOne onwards, etc.? Any of them good?

Also Hisoka being invigorated by Gon in their Heavens Arena duel is some uncomfrotable shit.

That isn't even the best awkward Hisoka moment

tumblr_inline_n5cpwxXYqq1rrn75w.gif

Just Gon and Killua's eyes during this part were fucking hilarious.

LOl yep. Toonami folks are only just now learning about the basics of Nen. They haven't seen SHIT.
Are they passed Gon getting his ass kicked by top dude yet? I still lol at people not liking Killua in there. It's Killua. How do you not like Killua? I like him more than Gon. They should be fine at the Gon vs Hisoka fight though. Can't wait for them to meet Bisky.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Are they passed Gon getting his ass kicked by top dude yet? I still lol at people not liking Killua in there. It's Killua. How do you not like Killua? I like him more than Gon. They should be fine at the Gon vs Hisoka fight though. Can't wait for them to meet Bisky.

Gon just got wrecked by Top dude and it's halfway through the Hisoka fight, this week should conclude it.

HStallion

Still rewatching random favorite episodes of HxH and man that dodgeball game with Razor is something that sounds like it shouldn't work at all if you were just read or hear about it but watching how Togashi handles it so well is great. I forgot how great Gon was during this whole set of episodes.

Still rewatching random favorite episodes of HxH and man that dodgeball game with Razor is something that sounds like it shouldn't work at all if you were just read or hear about it but watching how Togashi handles it so well is great. I forgot how great Gon was during this whole set of episodes.
Hisoka, Gon and Killua is da fuckin' dream team. Too bad they couldn't team up more often and funny enough it was over a fucking kids game and not to stop some grand bigger evil or some shit, it was fucking dodgeball and they took that shit seriously too.

HStallion

Hisoka, Gon and Killua is da fuckin' dream team. Too bad they couldn't team up more often and funny enough it was over a fucking kids game and not to stop some grand bigger evil or some shit, it was fucking dodgeball and they took that shit seriously too.

Well Razor does knock one of his own guys head right off his shoulders when he starts giving him shit.

Well Razor does knock one of his own guys head right off his shoulders when he starts giving him shit.
But Razor isn't evil, Hisoka is more evil than he is. I just get a kick of out a kids game being the one thing to unite Gon, Killa and Hisoka. Though knowing what we sort of know about Hisoka it makes sense. I think even Hisoka had fun with the whole thing.

Tizoc

Y'all remember that one time Torneko Taloon was in Yorkshin working at an auction house?
In seriousness though, gotta give Togashi credit for the whole barter and auction stuff that he dedicated like a chapter or two to.

Y'all remember that one time Torneko Taloon was in Yorkshin working at an auction house?

In seriousness though, gotta give Togashi credit for the whole barter and auction stuff that he dedicated like a chapter or two to.
That dude looks like a Dragon Quest character. Togashi goes into detail about everything, it's scary.

HStallion

Apologies but I'm rereading the manga and got to the part where Gon beats Genthru. That final Janken against Genthru will never not be hype.

I liked the final one during the dodgeball game. It's one of those,"This isn't his final form" moments.

Togashi Spotted:

006d394f7262c956a0d6d2defd7ae78c1483286562_full.jpg

b5b878a1551e99d3f4961db2bc33b6021483286579_full.jpg

To celebrate the 35th year of her musical career, avant-garde musician Jun Togawa recently released an album alongside metal band Vampillia entitled "Watashi ga Nakou Hototogizu" ("I Will Sing Like a Cuckoo"), and now Hunter x Hunter author Yoshihiro Togashi has hopped on board to create illustrations for the collaboration.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...tes-collaboration-of-jun-togawa-and-vampillia
Between the memes I've seen and the hiatuses I keep forgetting that Togashi when he feels like it can actually fucking draw.

Jigolo

I think the last time he came back from the super long hiatus it was around this time. Back when Madhouse was getting to animating Meruem vs Netero, Gon-san stuff....................................

Top Bottom