• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter X Hunter Manga TO CONTINUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was beeing kinda dishonest as Vagabond isn't a whole lot like Berserk.

They both go a long way of making characters feel like characters though. Which is something you don't see all too often.
My favorite part of Beserk was the characterizations so anything like that narratively is fine by me.

Big One

Banned
pfffftttttheheheehehehehHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAA

wheew

heh

I'm sorry but what more like Berserk and Toriko's Gourmet world all of which are 1000X better then the OP new world
Not really. Toriko's Gourmet has been the most disappointing thing ever, especially with how rushed it was all around and we're already at the end so soon with all the skipping over key ingredient arcs.

I think what the poster meant is that it's similar to One Piece in that One Piece started the whole "New World" trend in shonen series, which is true. Toriko took it from One Piece, as did Hunter x Hunter. Same how One Piece started the war arc trend where every big shonen needs to have some type of epic war like Magi and Naruto did.

Geist-

SAMURAI JACK AND HUNTERxHUNTER IN 2016.

THE YEARS OF RAINBOWS AND DREAMS BABY

RAINBOWS AND MO-FRICKIN DREAMS
Just look at all the celebrity deaths earlier this year. Someone has obviously been committing blood sacrifices for these events to occur.

Interesting timing, just finished the 2011 anime the other day. Am I the catalyst?

smurfx

get some go again
i get the feeling something will happen to nanika and that will cause killua to join the expedition. it would be weird if a zoldyck wasn't a part of the expedition considering we saw a flashback with one of them there. although there might be a bunch of hits on people fighting for the throne so maybe silva is the one that goes. silva dying would be something that might happen. we would get to see what happens when somebody has to become the leader of the zoldycks.

CrazyDude

i get the feeling something will happen to nanika and that will cause killua to join the expedition. it would be weird if a zoldyck wasn't a part of the expedition considering we saw a flashback with one of them there. although there might be a bunch of hits on people fighting for the throne so maybe silva is the one that goes.

I don't that's going to happen. It would be weird to reintroduce him so soon after saying goodbye.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
So when's DQ 11 release again? he's going to need to start his vacation at least a month and a half before that. He's got two versions to play so it'll be 2018 or 2019 before he returns after the next break starts.

I would be surprised if it doesn't realease this year in Japan, when Horii shows a DQ it's usually pretty far down in development, it's not going to be a FF15 type of deal for sure. DQ9 took longer because they had to scrap the action rpg combat, and completely redesign the game around the traditional turn based combat.

At most early next year. They might want to start 2017/2018 fiscal year with a heavy hitter like DQ11, after releasing FF15 during the 2016/2017 fiscal year. Investors have a lot to say when it comes to the company's biggest games.

smurfx

get some go again
can't tell if you guys are joking abut the dragon quest stuff. togashi probably already drew all the chapters he is gonna release.

Jigolo

The last few chapters have been revolving around probably the 2 most mysterious characters in the whole series, Ging and Pariston

What do you guys think Togashi actually does during his hiatuses? Besides playing dragon quest? Is it documented anywhere?

I mean he was setting up a HUGE are with a scale that could dwarf One Piece in terms of world building
dat berserk-esque spread doe.

It would be very cool if he spent some significant time towards fully mapping out the arc and plot points to deliver an amazing arc. HxH has SO MUCH POTENTIAL it hurt me to see it take a break again. Off the top of me head we need a resolution from Kurapika, Gyro (this has me the most excited), the consequences of Chrollo's journey and what the spiders get up to, Killua and Nanika (the mystery behind her), Gon regaining his Nen and more Hisoka goodness. Some of these will probably tie into the new arc; even the possibility of seeing MORE CHIMERA ANTS!

I am way too hyped for this. Really hope HxH is here to stay now

Jigolo

What do you guys think Togashi actually does during his hiatuses? Besides playing dragon quest? Is it documented anywhere?

I mean he was setting up a HUGE are with a scale that could dwarf One Piece in terms of world building
dat berserk-esque spread doe.

It would be very cool if he spent some significant time towards fully mapping out the arc and plot points to deliver an amazing arc. HxH has SO MUCH POTENTIAL it hurt me to see it take a break again. Off the top of me head we need a resolution from Kurapika, Gyro (this has me the most excited), the consequences of Chrollo's journey and what the spiders get up to, Killua and Nanika (the mystery behind her), Gon regaining his Nen and more Hisoka goodness. Some of these will probably tie into the new arc; even the possibility of seeing MORE CHIMERA ANTS!

I am way too hyped for this. Really hope HxH is here to stay now

Like the gaffer above said, he's probably already written and drawn a good chunk of chapters that will be coming out very soon and has probably been mapping out the direction in which he will take HxH to some extent. But aside from that I do believe (although there's no proof) that Togashi has a serious medical condition, whatever it may be. So he's probably been recovering from that in some sort of fashion (rehab, surgery, just rest in general, w/e).

Glin

Holyyy damn!!! Super excited! Hopefully it aint 6 chapters as example, but cant complain about it. It is time to explore that vast world. He can scribble everything as long he doesnt stop.

Daingurse

Yessss! The greatest shonen manga ever made rerturns! We are not worthy! I never lost faith :)

latest

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'd actually enjoy Gon and Killua taking a backseat to other characters, both old and new. I'd love to learn more about Ging, Pariston Hill, the Hunter Organization, and of course the history and what's going on with the dark continent. I'd also love to see more of Kurapika and the best character that is Leorio. Though mostly I'm curious what the series delves into with seemingly so many major events about to happen.

I'd even be interested in the dreaded time skip if Togashi pulls the rug out from under us and our expectations. I'd also love to see an older Gon closer to the form we saw him transform into.

N8YHYgV.jpg

He probably procrastinates and lazes around a lot. Considering how after YYH and Jump begging him to come back allowing him to make a contract that gives him as much leeway as possible and how HxH's manga sales rival One piece despite being on hiatus so much, he's pretty much free to do whatever he wants as Shounen Jump cant hassle him to release more chapters frequently despite them wanting him to.

DrD

I'd actually enjoy Gon and Killua taking a backseat to other characters, both old and new. I'd love to learn more about Ging, Pariston Hill, the Hunter Organization, and of course the history and what's going on with the dark continent. I'd also love to see more of Kurapika and the best character that is Leorio. Though mostly I'm curious what the series delves into with seemingly so many major events about to happen.

I'd even be interested in the dreaded time skip if Togashi pulls the rug out from under us and our expectations. I'd also love to see an older Gon closer to the form we saw him transform into.
Same here. Characters like Ging, Pariston, Kurapika, and Leorio have been my favorites so far. I'm mostly looking forward to learning more about
Don Freecss

N8YHYgV.jpg

He probably procrastinates and lazes around a lot. Considering how after YYH and Jump begging him to come back allowing him to make a contract that gives him as much leeway as possible and how HxH's manga sales rival One piece despite being on hiatus so much, he's pretty much free to do whatever he wants as Shounen Jump cant hassle him to release more chapters frequently despite them wanting him to.
Damn Togashi, even Toguro at the very least wore shoes.

Fuck yeah, I'm pumped. It could be scribbles, hell, it could be a plot outline set against kanji and character portraits, I'm ready for more.

Daingurse

That's fair at this point. Gon and Killua have had the focus on them throughout this series. It's time for the focus to shift back to Kurapika and Leorio. I love Gon and Killua, Gon is my favorite shonen protag, but yeah it's time for them to be shelved for just a bit. That was what made the chapters Togashi pumped out before so interesting. We'd been waiting years for Kurapika to come back into the limelight. And Leorio was finally getting some interesting development. Shit was a breath of fresh air.

I still wonder how Togashi is going to get Kurapika back in the spotlight with the restrictions Kurapika put on himself.

Of Kurapika's 4 known chains only the Chain Jail and Judgement Chain (may not even be limited to spiders) are limited to the Spiders. He can still use his Holy Chain, the Dowsing Chain (the ball one) and his Emperor time on anyone. And he still has one unknown chain (index finger) that hasn't been seen.

Of Kurapika's 4 known chains only the Chain Jail and Judgement Chain (may not even be limited to spiders) are limited to the Spiders. He can still use his Holy Chain, the Dowsing Chain (the ball one) and his Emperor time on anyone. And he still has one unknown chain (index finger) that hasn't been seen.

Yup. This is in addition to being a competent martial artist, and a superb strategist. There's also universal applications of Nen that he presumably has access to, so he's far from helpless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom