• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter X Hunter Manga TO CONTINUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing you didn't link the breast-monster thing....Togashi can draw some creepy ass stuff.

Togashi has said 100x that he wants to draw Geiger inspired pieces.

OT: The 10-12 new chapters we get will be awesome, I'm 100% sure of that. I'm also 100% sure that this arc will never end and Togashi really just needs to give us a written word version of what will happen and let others draw it, or just let it go and we can accept it's done.

I am so fucking excited.

You know, since this hiatus, my wife got pregnant and our kid is about to turn one next month!

Hurry the fuck up Togashi, at this rate, I'll have grandkids before the final arc is over.

ampere

Of Kurapika's 4 known chains only the Chain Jail and Judgement Chain (may not even be limited to spiders) are limited to the Spiders. He can still use his Holy Chain, the Dowsing Chain (the ball one) and his Emperor time on anyone. And he still has one unknown chain (index finger) that hasn't been seen.

I was under the impression he basically couldn't use nen to attack against anyone but the spiders, though it's been a long time, maybe that wasn't the exact wording. Would certainly make him very vulnerable if he can only use non-combat abilities otherwise

I was under the impression he basically couldn't use nen to attack against anyone but the spiders, though it's been a long time, maybe that wasn't the exact wording. Would certainly make him very vulnerable if he can only use non-combat abilities otherwise

the only chain with that restriction is chain jail irrc

Air

Banned
I still can't believe this is happening. I'm sure he won't be putting out too much, but anything at all is great. I also feel like the reason he took so long (among his hobbies and family) is to properly plan out this next arc. Togashi's work is really detailed and nuanced as far as shonen stories are concerned, so I wouldn't be surprised if he spent timer really detailing this arc and the end game.

Daingurse

It screams wanting to be One Piece though

More like Toriko. Which has frankly scratched my Hunter x Hunter itch while it was on hiatus. The world building feels really similar. The Gourmet World felt like the closest I was going getting to the Dark Continent for a long while lol. God, Togashi had me by the fucking balls. The setup was sooooo damn good.

Ninjimbo

Fool me twice...

I settled on Togashi never finishing this story. I'm sticking to it. I'll take anything he gives me but I won't be getting my hopes up.

GOAT Shounen

Lets listen to some music from the madhouse adaptation and you already know what it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh_T1aR0yTo

More like Toriko. Which has frankly scratched my Hunter x Hunter itch while it was on hiatus. The world building feels really similar. The Gourmet World felt like the closest I was going getting to the Dark Continent for a long while lol. God, Togashi had me by the fucking balls. The setup was sooooo damn good.

I like One Piece but I felt much more intrigued in Hunters "new world" within a few chapters then I have ever felt for One Piece's "new world"

Qvoth

Just found out about this from my news app and searched for togashi in off topic, voila this thread
If togashi trolls us again and just goes hiatus within weeks some crazy manga fan is probably gonna kill togashi

DOA

i don't have anything to add but this:
"thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you!"

Alx

I stopped buying and reading HxH after the election plot and Gon meeting his father on top of a tree. Are the following episodes worth reading ? I didn't really like the first few pages, and I thought the tree was a nice closure.

Joyful

I stopped buying and reading HxH after the election plot and Gon meeting his father on top of a tree. Are the following episodes worth reading ? I didn't really like the first few pages, and I thought the tree was a nice closure.
The dark continent arc is A+ stuff already imo

lordmrw

I've always held the opinion that at the speed he draws now Hunter X Hunter is probably a monthly series that is being put out weekly. In the past it seemed like the longer the hiatus the more chapters that were put out consecutively. Granted it isn't 100%, just a thought I had.

People in this thread really need to keep their expectations in check.

Based on his previous trends it'll just be a few chapters before hiatus.

Wiseblade

I can only assume that the people excited about this only got into HxH through the Madhouse anime. Otherwise they'd know that "Togashi coming back from Hiatus" typically only lasts for 10 chapters and then he disappears again. People really need to temper their expectations. This might be the time where is stick around until completion, but it;s more likely that he'll put out enough to fill another volume or two and them go back to living on Sailor Moon money.

Rootbeer

Banned
I remember how excited people got the last time it resumed from a hiatus...

I must not let my heart get crushed again T__T

zeromcd73

Shounen Jump editorial staff confirmed on twitter it will start up again in April. Exact date should be posted in the next day or two.

However, considering Yu-Gi-Oh will be back in Issue #19 and #20, and special Naruto chapter is in Issue #21/22, HxH should be back in Issue #18 which is officially released April 4th.

Daingurse

I can only assume that the people excited about this only got into HxH through the Madhouse anime. Otherwise they'd know that "Togashi coming back from Hiatus" typically only lasts for 10 chapters and then he disappears again. People really need to temper their expectations.

Dude, I've been through multiple hiatuses. I'm just happy to get anything at this point.

Kyuur

I can only assume that the people excited about this only got into HxH through the Madhouse anime. Otherwise they'd know that "Togashi coming back from Hiatus" typically only lasts for 10 chapters and then he disappears again. People really need to temper their expectations. This might be the time where is stick around until completion, but it;s more likely that he'll put out enough to fill another volume or two and them go back to living on Sailor Moon money.

I'd be excited for 1 chapter.

Regarding the Dark Continent and its scope, I think people are jumping to the conclusion that it will be some sort of epic arc when there is no real evidence that that would happen. Even the ant arc was relatively small in scale, and we never really explored the existing HxH world, let alone the 'new' one. I fully expect our heroes to get side tracked into one particular conflict for a majority of the time, maybe they won't even make it there.

Wiseblade

Shounen Jump editorial staff confirmed on twitter it will start up again in April. Exact date should be posted in the next day or two.

However, considering Yu-Gi-Oh will be back in Issue #19 and #20, and special Naruto chapter is in Issue #21/22, HxH should be back in Issue #18 which is officially released April 4th.
WHAT YEAR IS IT
Dude, I've been through multiple hiatuses. I'm just happy to get anything at this point.
I've emotionally clocked out at this point. All the evidence suggests Togashi don't care about providing a satisfying conclusion to his readers (or even his own health?) and is stringing the series on for as long as he can.

cLOUDo

Should have used Kurapika, considering this arc is his grand return after three arcs of his absence.
I will use ging, in only a few chapters he become the most badass character in the Manga (he already was, but is nice to see him in the "front page")

My thoughts on who I think will be the 'main characters' of this up coming arc. Contains spoilers from the first nine chapters of DC arc.

Ging, Kurapika, Leorio, Pariston, and Beyond, 4th Prince I think will be the main, main characters.

After that it's the Zodiacs, the rest of the Princes - some will be more important than others

As for Gon and Killua? I don't think Gon will have a major role in this arc. However, I do think we'll continue to get occasional updates on him and by the end of the arc we'll know what he wants to do. As for Killua? I don't think we'll see him at all. Even though he's one my favourites, I'm kinda glad that some of the others are getting the spotlight. His return a decade from now will be glorious though.

ryan13ts

110% agree with this. I honestly thought the series was going to end a chapter or two after that, since all of Gon's goals were achieved with him becoming a Hunter and finally meeting his father. Sure, some stuff like Hisoka/Kuroro would have been left hanging, but it's as good as it's going to get if you as me.

I honest to God don't know why Togashi decided to continue the series, especially since he knows he's barely going to write anything and he had the PERFECT place to end the series. It's almost like he's trolling his fanbase in a way.

The way look at it is this; If you're going to continue to such an extremely popular series, fantastic but maintain a somewhat of a decent schedule. Coming back to write just 5-10 chapters, then just stopping on a huge cliffhanger for another 1/2+ years is pretty lame.

110% agree with this. I honestly thought the series was going to end a chapter or two after that, since all of Gon's goals were achieved with him becoming a Hunter and finally meeting his father. Sure, some stuff like Hisoka/Kuroro would have been left hanging, but it's as good as it's going to get if you as me.

I honest to God don't know why Togashi decided to continue the series, especially since he knows he's barely going to write anything and he had the PERFECT place to end the series. It's almost like he's trolling his fanbase in a way.

Perfect how? There was no closure for anyone, but Gon and I guess Killua. Kurapica was completely shafted. In fact, ending there would make a huge chunk of Yorkshin essentially filler if it didn't lead anywhere

NastyBook

OfRj0Ox.jpg

Fandangox

The way look at it is this; If you're going to continue to such an extremely popular series, fantastic but maintain a somewhat of a decent schedule. Coming back to write just 5-10 chapters, then just stopping on a huge cliffhanger for another 1/2+ years is pretty lame.

It was hardly the perfect place to end, they would live more shit hanging than Xenoblade X did.

Before introducing dark world, these plot threads were still hanging:

• The Phantom Troupe
    -Kurapika's resolution with them
    -Chrollo getting his powers back
    -Hisoka fighting Chrollo
  • The new chimera ant eggs
  • Gyro
  • Gon's nen
  • Hisoka's build up with a final fight against Gon
  • Killua's conflict with his family felt more like it came to a temporal pause, and not resolved.
Minor stuff like Melody's getting her real form back, Leorio's nen being barely seen and the remaining ants too.

[*]Killua's conflict with his family felt more like it came to a temporal pause, and not resolved.
[/LIST]

This one especially, although I think it's going to grow to heights far above family conflict. I think there's been some subtle seeds planted which will grow into huge and tragic story telling possibilities. There's a certain popular theory regarding Alluka/Nanika which I'm completely on board with.

Fandangox

This one especially, although I think it's going to grow to heights far above family conflict. I think there's been some subtle seeds planted which will grow into huge and tragic story telling possibilities. There's a certain popular theory regarding Alluka/Nanika which I'm completely on board with.

What theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom