• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 |OT|: By the Power of Inafune!

Durante

I picked the first one up in January and had way more fun with it than I expected. I'll have my hands full with Vita and stuff though so I'll wait a bit before picking up mk2.

Looking at the screenshots in the OP, what happened to my beautiful AA'd graphics of the first Neptunia? Don't tell me they traded AA for that weak cel-shading outline effect?

Well GAF, I decided to go for the LE. As I checked out, I was greeted with this:

P3X7P.png

I shouldn't have sat on it for as long as I did. ): Still going to get the standard because I need some Nisa action ASAP.

Are there any DLC that you are looking forward to?

13309954tal9.png
8359309d9jiq.png

DLC characters made Neptunia mk1 a lot more enjoyable for me. I'm not convinced I would've stayed sane throughout the game if I'd been forced to use the default trio the entire time, not least because they (well, Compa and IF really) seemed underdeveloped compared to basically everyone else.

I know mk2 gives you more playables throughout the game than in the first one, but still, always love me some extra party members.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Well GAF, I decided to go for the LE. As I checked out, I was greeted with this:

P3X7P.png

I shouldn't have sat on it for as long as I did. ): Still going to get the standard because I need some Nisa action ASAP.

Aww, that's tough.

Seeing that makes me glad I ordered the game when I did.

13309954tal9.png

DLC characters made Neptunia mk1 a lot more enjoyable for me. I'm not convinced I would've stayed sane throughout the game if I'd been forced to use the default trio the entire time, not least because they (well, Compa and IF really) seemed underdeveloped compared to basically everyone else.

I know mk2 gives you more playables throughout the game than in the first one, but still, always love me some extra party members.

Ooh, I didn't know that Cave was DLC. I haven't played the game, but I could tell she will likely be the "cool-beauty" type like Kan'u Unchou from Ikkitousen or Tear from Tales of the Abyss.

NISA, take my money!!!

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon

My body is ready.

Was surprised to see the game on shelves when i went to some store during my break and couldn't resist. Now what to do with the limited edition i have on pre order at NISA store!

cj_iwakura

Reviews coming in now.

Cheat Code Central 02/28/12 2.6 out of 5 52.00%
RPGFan 02/28/12 60 out of 100 60.00%
ZTGameDomain 02/28/12 7 out of 10 70.00%
GamingUnion.net 02/27/12 8 out of 10 80.00%
Gamers Daily News 02/27/12 7.5 out of 10 75.00%
RPGamer 02/27/12 3.5 out of 5 70.00%

Improved over the original, but still far from good.
(Some aspects sounds repulsive according to RPGFan's review, but YMMV.)

cj_iwakura

repulsive?

Namely:

While I certainly expected a fair amount of innuendo, lines are crossed several times in mk2. There are allusions to the sexualization of children – and I'm not referring to characters identified as "eighteen" in the instruction booklet despite looking younger. These characters are identified as, look like, and act like children, but during more than one sequence, an enemy character is portrayed as having a sexual obsession with them. This is just one of many cases where lines are crossed, and it's unfortunate, considering that a true satire of the games industry would be a welcome environment for an RPG.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
GAF's second misogyny OT!

For shame!

I josh, I josh

Volcynika

The website actually clearly describes one of the villain characters being obsessed with young girls. That stood out when I was gathering info.

I was going to get the special edition, but I honestly wouldn't have time to play it for a few months. I have to put my 40-50+ hours into an rpg all at once, and I won't have that for awhile. I only just got the first one back in January, and haven't gone through the final parts of the game, though I did beat it. If there weren't so many flat-chested chicks I'd probably have gotten the game anyway, but oh well, I'll cop it eventually, probably.

And what the hell happened to RED?

cj_iwakura

I was going to get the special edition, but I honestly wouldn't have time to play it for a few months. I have to put my 40-50+ hours into an rpg all at once, and I won't have that for awhile. I only just got the first one back in January, and haven't gone through the final parts of the game, though I did beat it. If there weren't so many flat-chested chicks I'd probably have gotten the game anyway, but oh well, I'll cop it eventually, probably.

And what the hell happened to RED?

This is less RED and more Idea Factory. RED haven't been the same since Sakura Wars died. :(

Esura

Banned
I got the standard edition of this because I don't like dealing with NISA for preorders. I still haven't finished the first one yet but I think I'm close to it. Got to go get some holy weapons now.

How much of an improvement is MK2 over Neptunia and can you manually heal yourself?

Coxy

I got the standard edition of this because I don't like dealing with NISA for preorders. I still haven't finished the first one yet but I think I'm close to it. Got to go get some holy weapons now.

How much of an improvement is MK2 over Neptunia and can you manually heal yourself?

I'm only about 6-7 hours in yet but it seems like a huge improvement in terms of the battle system and dungeons, story is about the same.

The battle system is actually really quite good, I was quite surprised with it

Hcoregamer00

Still waiting for my copy, NIS America's site hasn't said anything about shipping yet.

The artbook I got today is a great consolation prize from the mail, but I need the real deal :/

LiK

Still waiting for my copy, NIS America's site hasn't said anything about shipping yet.

The artbook I got today is a great consolation prize from the mail, but I need the real deal :/

still no email confirmation about shipping. probably tomorrow at this rate.

I still haven't heard anything about my copy (LE) being shipped either, but I read on the NIS forums something about them being contacted and saying they'd be shipped March 1st.

What great timing, my order for the Hyperdimension Neptunia + Mk2 Artbook arrived.

Here is my review on it, if you can afford it, get a copy when you can.
Sorta tempted by this. I really do like Tsunako's work.

still no email confirmation about shipping. probably tomorrow at this rate.

I found the original email they sent about the shipment delay. They said they will receive them on the 28th and ship them out the following day. Hopefully we get the shipping confirmations today.

Razlo

The battle system was the only thing that kept me from buying the first game, so I'm happy to hear it's good in Mk 2. I'd already own this game if not for the deluge of titles I'm interested in all piled on top of each other.

Soon, it will be mine, but not soon enough!

Fonz72

Totally forgot to pre-order this! What are the odds that the LE will come back in stock after release? No retailers are getting the LE right?

Coxy

So... Is gameplay somewhat like the localized Sakura wars game, but more jrpg vs srpg?

kinda yeah, it's in that realm of stuff like Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter and Arc the Lad Twilight of Spirits etc, you have a circular range you can move about in based on a characters movement stat to position them and attacks have different areas of effect, some are linear some are wide slashes and stuff. Combos are much shorter now so you wont be hammering an enemy for hours with 1000+ hit combos, might disappoint some people but it really ups the pace of the game

I'm really enjoying the performance increase too, you encounter enemies on the field and can pre-emptively attack them and the battle starts immediately, no loading or anything

Takuya

Banned
So, on top of the delay by NISA (again), I -just- obtained my shipping confirmation email... I check the tracking code and low-and-behold....

Your item was delivered at 2:15 pm on November 06, 2010.

W T F?

Hcoregamer00

From the sound of the NISA emails, they will not be making any more LEs.

Yeah, unlike many companies they actually intend to make the Limited Edition....with a limited release.

I got the email also, since I live in Cali I am hoping it reaches my place by Friday :D

rockx4

Mine is still pending fulfillment :(

These are going for $200~ on ebay, insane lol. I don't know if I want to open mine when I get it.

zulux21

Mine did NOT ship. NISA, why do you hate me?

;_;

I know the feeling... the kicker for me is that I am moving in two days to a new place. On the plus side it's only 15 min from my current place and I have my current place until the end of the month, but given the size the package will likely be I will likely have to come sit in my empty apartment waiting for the mail.

I am hoping this turns out like Disgaea 4 did for me and I got the shipping confirmation about 2 hours before I got the package and that my package will be here soon lol, especially since I need to have this game beat by march 13th.

Volcynika

they live up to their slow ass shipping service. they need to use a new place.

I've usually never had a real issue with them, but I don't like seeing everyone else have no problems and me have one! :/

I even got Disgaea 4 prior to the release, which was cool.

Torraz

I really should play the first before this one, but I think I should buy this one anyways due to the expected rarity and price increase...

Esura

Banned
Wow...I finished the first Neptunia and starting MK2 standard edition, which I had since day one, and you all's stuff didn't come in yet? Yup, this is why I don't deal with any site that isn't Amazon, ebay, or Play-Asia anymore.

zulux21

Wow...I finished the first Neptunia and starting MK2 standard edition, which I had since day one, and you all's stuff didn't come in yet? Yup, this is why I don't deal with any site that isn't Amazon, ebay, or Play-Asia anymore.

I am for the most part fine with waiting knowing that NisA will be getting a larger percent of my money than if I went through someone like Amazon.

At least they offer free shipping now... two years ago we wouldn't have our packages and we would be charged like $12.50 for shipping for a LE lol

Verelios

Mine shipped on the 1st. Really NIS, why you playin' me?

Edit: Just got it!!! Although the cover is kind of...provocative, but whatever. Time for some fun!

Top Bottom