• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Legends DLC pack, Link’s Awakening, releasing next week (Japan only?)

Chaos17

ClnUb9OWIAEzVo1.jpg:large

Koei Tecmo has announced that the next round of DLC for Hyrule Warriors and Hyrule Warriors Legends will be releasing on June 30th. The announcement is only currently for Japan, but will hopefully be available in all territories. The pack will include Marin as a playable character and a new weapon, the Pegasus Boots, for Linkle on both versions, while the 3DS version will also get a new Adventure map and costumes for the My Fairy feature.

The DLC will cost $6.99 for the 3DS version, $4.99 for the Wii U version, and $9.99 for both. Furthermore, Wii U owners will now be able to pick up two more DLC options. First is the season pass for $9.99 (which will give Wii U owners the Link’s Awakening DLC and the future two packs). Second is the Legends Character pack for $12.99, which gives all the Legends-only characters and weapons.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/hyrule-warriors-legends-dlc-pack-links-awakening-releasing-next-week/

Lock if old

UPDATE

Earlier today we reported on the upcoming new DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors Legends. We now have some more concrete info thanks to a translation of the game’s official website by Perfectly Nintendo.

Marin is the big new feature of this DLC pack, being a brand new character. She fights using the Sea Lily’s Bell from Link’s Awakening, which she uses to create shockwaves. She can also summon the Windfish as part of her special attack.

As was previously announced, fan favorite Linkle gets a new weapon, being the Pegasus Boots. They have the lightning attribute and allow Linkle to pummel enemies with a flurry of kicks. She will also get help from her loyal cuccos when using this weapon.

This DLC also features a new Adventure mode map, unsurprisingly based on Koholint Island from Link’s Awakening. Besides the expected (all weapon ranks for Marin’s bell and Linkle’s boots, new My Fairy costumes, Skulltulas and Heart Pieces) this map will also feature Rank 4+ weapons for the other characters. It’s currently not know if these are new designs (unlikely) or if they will be more powerful – they will, however, have two elemental attributes instead of one.

16 new costumes each for the characters and for My Fairy will also be included

Other than some minor bug fixes and additions of new medals and such, an updated that will be released (for free) alongside the DLC pack will also raise the level cap of all characters.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/details-on-hyrule-warriors-links-awakening-dlc/

MrPanic

She can, as her special.

The update also increases the level cap, adds new fairies, and a new tier of weapon with 2 elemental attributes (?)

A level cap raise? I'm quite disappointed by that. The WiiU version got quite unenjoyable for me to play because the later dlc's skewed the difficulty to the overleveled characters, basically rendering all your underleveled characters even more unplayable. I was hoping they would scale all the dlc's difficulty toward the current level cap and stop with the raises, but alas.

Razmos

A level cap raise? I'm quite disappointed by that. The WiiU version got quite unenjoyable for me to play because the later dlc's skewed the difficulty to the overleveled characters, basically rendering all your underleveled characters even more unplayable. I was hoping they would scale all the dlc's difficulty toward the current level cap and stop with the raises, but alas.
Yeah I feel the same. Ah well, hopefully they will have learned their lesson from last time and balanced it better.

In other news, Pegasus Boots Linkle is going to be amazing

I swear we will get every character except Minish Cap Link

Groose. :-(

Minish Cap Link doesn't need to be a unique character; they could just give Toon Link a new weapon set/skin, so he's wearing the Minish Cap, and uses abilities from that game. It wouldn't surprise me if we see that, actually, especially as this season pass is focusing on handheld Zelda games.

How the hell has this not happened yet? He's the undisputed best part of Skyward Sword.

Agreed. I gave up on Skyward Sword after only one dungeon, but Groose was the best part of it. Considering they managed to make a moveset for Agitha, and Twilight Princess has 4 characters to Skyward Sword's 2, Groose definitely deserves a spot.

PsionBolt

I'm a little disappointed the Pegasus Boots aren't red. It took me a second to even notice that they weren't her normal boots.

Yoshi88

Besides the expected (all weapon ranks for Marin’s bell and Linkle’s boots, new My Fairy costumes, Skulltulas and Heart Pieces) this map will also feature Rank 4+ weapons for the other characters. It’s currently not know if these are new designs (unlikely) or if they will be more powerful – they will, however, have two elemental attributes instead of one.

That's just awesome. This game still manages to reward the grind structure towards the end. Looking forward to it.

RootCause

Looks nice. I'll wait for an ultimate bundle, I'm still annoyed I can't get the bundle for smash because of Mewtwo promotion. :s

God I still wish all this new campaign and adventure map stuff was in the Wii U version, I can't stand playing the 3DS version and there's nothing interesting to do with the new characters in the Wii U version. Bah.

rhandino

Banned
This game only needs to add Nayru, Din and Farore from the Oracle games and Vaati from The Minish Cap to be perfect T_T

lionpants

I'm tempted to pick this back up and get caught up on all the DLC.

I have the WiiU copy and haven't played since launch.

What have I missed out on? What is this nonsense with the campaign/adventure mode differences for WiiU to 3DS?

Berordn

Vaati doesn't appear in either of those games.

No, but they're games featuring Toon Link and the related art style and it's not like we're getting a "Minish Cap" pack.

I'm not expecting it but I'd be more excited for him than any other characters from either game.

But shamefully I did forget about Linebeck and it's totally going to be him.

Yoshi88

Music on Adventure Map is glorius, forgot how much i love LA. It was my first Zelda after all.

Though the pegasus boots look a bit too much like a reskin of Linkle's bow animation, don't they?

Kinsei

Banned
Her voice is atrocious. Someone that attacks by singing shouldn't have a voice that sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

Why does she have a boo bell from Mario Party? Why doesn't she have a super jump?

Top Bottom