• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors (Zelda Musou) (Zelda Dynasty Warriors) announced

jmizzal

That's not what I meant.

Nintendo seems to be shitting their pants right now, and screaming "PUMP OUT ANYTHING WITH ZELDA ON IT REUSE ALL THE ASSETS WHO CARES" because they know that the real thing isn't anywhere close to being done.

Also, releasing it in spring (if they intend to) means that the next Zelda really IS far away. They'd never risk cannibalizing sales of a "tentpole" series like that by having consecutive Zelda games released close together (within 2 years). Look at what happened to Mario.

I'm pretty sure this game has been in development for prob a while, they didnt just decide to make this game in Oct come on now, like somebody posted in this thread it prob started development after Warriors Orochi 3 and Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2
was done for WiiU back in Jan

sensui-tomo

wait so they spent the last three years making this what happened to the tech demo they showe d at e3 i cant believe this is the new zelda

This is a game made by tecmo-koei NOT NINTENDO, zelda u is still in development. or you're trolling cause i cant believe someone is this dumb this far in the thread.

Peff

Hokuto no Ken Musou is really, really bad because they decided to tone down the fighting and make a Musou game that centers around more one-on-one fights than big battles, as per the source material. As such, there's tons of "What were they thinking?" moments like Musou attacks being targeted strikes rather than AoE attacks that don't work well in a game without good targeting.

Ironically that's the sequel where the new direction didn't really improve on the original. "Kill xxx enemies to unlock next motion comic sequence" is not one of their brightest moments.

You could have used the same logic to predict that Metroid: Other M would be fantastic and amazing. That was Metroid, after all, and it was still abysmal - both as a Metroid game and as a general third-person action title from Team Ninja.

That title's worst attributes were basically all Yoshio Sakamoto and not Team Ninja... And AFAIK Sakamoto should be nowhere near this game. So hopefully it will end up a little differently.

jay

Games take longer than a year, especially when the vast majority of your teams are already making games in established series for your two (2) hardware platforms.

That's true. I'll practice my complaining so by May's ND my posts will all be ready to go.

I am strangely interested. Partly thanks to Dat Cape. Will keep an eye on this (if it ever even comes to the West, but hey if Pokemon Conquest could be localized...)

Well that's...random. I hope this is a really early build cause it looks really underwhelming aesthetically. WiiU should be able to do much better.

I think I'm just gonna stick to Windwaker.

I've never been a fan of these games; much too repetitive. Having a Zelda skin is cool though, but I know if I dive in, I'll get bored fairly quickly.

Frodo

wait so they spent the last three years making this what happened to the tech demo they showe d at e3 i cant believe this is the new zelda

usgEsyG.gif

You could have used the same logic to predict that Metroid: Other M would be fantastic and amazing. That was Metroid, after all, and it was still abysmal - both as a Metroid game and as a general third-person action title from Team Ninja.

Metroid Other M WAS fantastic and amazing though. It's story (as it pertained to Samus' character) was horrible though.

I still maintain to this day that Other M is actually the most fun game on the Wii, gameplay wise.

hayguyz

Banned
This is so terrible.... SMH Ninty

You'll take one of the most beloved franchises and ruin it with Dynasty Warriors crap, yet you won't bring games to the more popular consoles

Expecting to sell 150 copies??? I wish you great success

majik13

I think it is an intresting concept. The trailer didnt do much for me. The last Dynasty Warriors I played was probabaly the very first or second one. Anyways, I am still intrugied by this and I wouldnt be surprised if it turns out to be a pretty fun and great game when it finaly releases, and may lead to a purchase.

Zinthar

Iwata, realizing that he's months away from being pushed out the door, decides his legacy should include damaging Nintendo's most consistently high-quality brand.

But hey, Dynasty Warriors is always fresh and innovative, and Other M proves the value in having middling developers work with strong Nintendo IP's... Said no one ever.

Effect

This gives me hope for Non-Nintendo studio working on a new Star Fox.

That's a big part of the take away I think. That Nintendo is willing to allow their IP to be not only developed by outside studios (they've done that before and recently with Luigi's Mansion 2) but allow outside game design and genres to be used with their IP. Though this could just be a one off.

Where is this idea coming from that Zelda is this pure brand that has never had any dodgy spin-offs

I mean, aside from the internet's collective ass, anyway

AniHawk

You'll take one of the most beloved franchises and ruin it with Dynasty Warriors crap, yet you won't bring games to the more popular consoles

seriously how come they make a dynasty warriors zelda game when they could easily be going third party instead zelda would sell millions of copies i mean it's not like there's any proof that any games like zelda sell on those systems but i just have a felling.

Iwata, realizing that he's months away from being pushed out the door, decides his legacy should include damaging Nintendo's most consistently high-quality brand.

But hey, Dynasty Warriors is always fresh and innovative, and Other M proves the value in having middling developers work with strong Nintendo IP's... Said no one ever.

I just did say exactly that, a few posts above this one. ;)

It's the gameplay, not the story that they're going for. How can people not understand this?

I made a thread on it back when Nintendo Land came out -- but Nintendo Land's Zelda was, in many regards in multiplayer...more fun than Skyward Sword to me.

It's about fun. Not image.

Jarate

Banned

All this dynasty warriors hate

go play 7 or 8 and come back and tell me that they aren't fun games

people need to chill and understand that this game might help bring more japanese to understand Zelda

I also hate this idea of IT'S SO REPETITIVE

There are so many games that are way more repetitive then Dynasty Warriors, also, this game will have a shit ton of content. So all you people whining about modern games not having enough content should be happy that these games exist.

But of course, everyone will trumpet what they heard from Game Informer when they were kids and just blast the Dynasty Warriors Series.

Call me a skeptic, but this looks like a blatant attempt to squeeze a quick buck using the Zelda name. The game was probably dirt-cheap to develop, and based on its presentation they probably only expect it to sell in Japan. It's the modern day equivalent of slapping Mickey Mouse on a lunchbox. Nintendo should try something other than gouging their inelastic market, otherwise known as "going to the well."

Top Bottom