• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I’d Like to Apologize to NeoGAF, Give a Special Thank You and LTTPs too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a slightly serious note, were there Persona 3 spoilers in the OP? It seemed like there might have been when I was skimming that section. It might be nice to put a spoiler warning or marker for anyone who actually reads the thing.

Count

Banned
Holy Whoever's the easiest pickings for whenever other sites want to make fun of this one. Hard to be sad that he's banned when he was practically a caricature.

Also, I'm all for reading initial posts but this thread's unreasonable. One big ol' block.

I began to understand the “waifu” mentality
xYE1bxa.gif

HUELEN10

I always do my best to read the OP, but I am now three times confused; with all due respect, might someone request Lionel Mandrake to summarize or rephrase?

Arcadius

Banned
So, like

Is this thread a love confession to HolyBaikal? Is OP Holy Baikal's alt? I genuinely do not understand. Some please explain.

I found HolyBaikal to be a great person on this forum. I'm not the only one, but I believe I'm one of few who didn't mind Holy's antics. As such, I developed a large amount of respect for said person. Said person was banned, I was devastated.

Everything else is about how I play Ar Tonelico or Persona 3.

Love confession though, I think not. Just general respect.

Soulflarz

Banned
You see, I actually knew what happened to him (as much as OP did at least) so I knew he didnt die, but yeahh, I can see why people thought he was dead.

U-uhm
Anyways, 2 thoughts

1) someone forward this to baikal, if they know him?
2) this is 2 LTTPS of sorts and a thank you note- i almost feel like you should have made 3 threads :3

Touch

At first I was like "HolyBaikaI died?" then I was like "...oh" well this is interesting.

Read the entire OP. All I can say is keep on living and do what makes you happy.

Saikyo

I read most of it. Basically, HolyBaikal got banned and he's really torn up about it. He'd sacrifice his account to get HolyBaikal back. HolyBaikal's passion made the OP feel like he was missing something in his life and to fill this hole he decided to play the Ar Tenelico series. In doing so, he found that he finally understood waifu culture and is incredibly remorseful for judging people with waifu avatars. Since then he's gotten really into visual novels and hentai.

There's also a robust LTTP on Persona 3: FES, but I didn't read it because I haven't played the game and he has a LOT to say about it,

Thank you for the TL;DR version, now I understand why he wrote so much in the OP...

I’d like to take this time to give a thank you to HolyBaikal. I needed to have a section of this thread dedicated to you and only you; I don’t want or mean to put pressure on you and I don’t want to force you to like me or anything. I’m doing this because I need to, because I can’t stop thinking about how to write this thread and how to thank you properly. HolyBaikal, you are the catalyst to all of this, it’s because of you that I felt the need to make a thread and continue with this all and the truth is you deserve much more than just a simple “Thank You”. Without ever having a conversation with one another, you touched me in ways that no one ever has. When I first stumbled upon your posts (When I was a shy Junior/lurker) I was surprised at many things, but the most important being the way you spoke/typed and the logic you used. I’ll be honest (the entire point of this thread) with you, the first time I read your posts I was confused and even slightly upset/agitated that someone could think the way you think, but fortunately for me, I no longer think this. It took a while for me to realize this, but after reading your past threads and posts I came to the conclusion that I was missing something vastly important in my own life. Well, saying I was missing it is wrong, I guess the best way to describe it would be is I never didn’t have it, but I believe I “locked” it up and “it” is kindness, cuteness and the moe of all life. A large “theme”/subject matter of your posts were about being nice, kind, cute and loving all that comes with it. I sit here drafting sentence after sentence as tears run down my face, what can I say to properly get my emotions across, how do I even say it? HolyBaikal, I want you to know that I appreciate you more than I have ever appreciated anyone in my life. So much so that I want you to know that I respect everything about you, I truly like your line/way of thinking (I’ve incorporated it into my thoughts), I love the way you speak on this forum, I love the stutters and dots (….) you use when you type, it’s unbelievably cute and I used to do something like that too; in the end though, I really…. …. …. l..-…l...-…like you and everything you are.

r2JfR8r.gif

Arcadius

Banned
On a slightly serious note, were there Persona 3 spoilers in the OP? It seemed like there might have been when I was skimming that section. It might be nice to put a spoiler warning or marker for anyone who actually reads the thing.

There were, don't read it if you don't want to be spoiled on anything. I believe I don't need to put spoiler tags on a game as old as this, NeoGAF rule is like 6 months is okay? I state it's about Persona 3 anyhow.

DNAbro

uhh so yeah Persona 3 is really good.

Persona 4 Golden is the best way to play the game, but some of the additions are kind of questionable and not 100% necessary, others really enhance the game from a gameplay and story perspective. If you can afford it, go all in.

There were, don't read it if you don't want to be spoiled on anything. I believe I don't need to put spoiler tags on a game as old as this, NeoGAF rule is like 6 months is okay? I state it's about Persona 3 anyhow.

You honestly should have put Persona 3 in your title.

jman2050

This is it, isn't it. This is our punishment for (sorta not really?) running HolyBaikal out.

It was destined for doom from the start

I started to read this for realsies but then you called HolyBaikal one of Gaf's greatest members and I'm not sure I like where this book is going anymore. I'll try to persevere and finish it so I get the whole message though.

daveo42

Banned
Persona 3 is a pretty great game, even if I find Tartarus very weak as the game's only dungeon. Everything else is fantastic.

I'm not really sure about other games in that vein other than the few VNs I've played and I'm not super into any of the waifu bits of these games. I do enjoy how it is done in Persona games.

The only other thing I think you need is an editor to trim up your post and cut out some of the more TMI portions. I think you're very truthful and open about all of this (HokyBaikal and previous thoughts on differing views), so I do respect that OP. Just watch it on the overshare and keep loving the games you love.

If you're not going to use spoiler tags, it's still a common courtesy (and requires minimal effort) to put a simple "Spoiler Warning" at the beginning of their thread.

133349-the-office-ryan-speechless-sil-XnDC.gif

I mean...kudos to OP for opening up like that but man...you need to take a step back from video games and the internet.

There's some serious issues exhibited in that post that I'm sure psych-GAF can probably identity better.

too new gen for me, cliffnotes the yellow book that you hid & copied after checking it out from the library or buying for $7
Man, I bought one of those Cliffnotes for an Anatomy class in high-school, but then I was like "nah, I can get stuff like this for free on the web."

What a world to live in.

pa22word

Holy Baikal was the only person in the history of gaf I've ever ignored. Every one of Holy Baikal posts was painful to read for some reason. I don't know if it was intentional but every single post HB made was just whiny and annoying to look at. I don't know if it was the typing style or what, but something about the way HB posted rubbed me the wrong way enough to get me to stop wanting to look at their posts altogether.

Was I just being weird or what?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
The reason I bring this all up is because I made a post a while ago in a certain thread where I essentially bashed a large group of people and I have felt guilty ever since. It went against my ethos, it went against what I tried to build myself up as and it’s one of the major reasons why I felt the need to do this. To better describe the guilt, it became so bad that I started having issues going to bed
f5jAy08.gif

I sit here drafting sentence after sentence as tears run down my face, what can I say to properly get my emotions across, how do I even say it? HolyBaikal, I want you to know that I appreciate you more than I have ever appreciated anyone in my life.
j1id3IH.jpg

The game in question is Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia for the PlayStation 2
VAnHrPc.gif

ocean

Banned
Oh man I feel terrible about this but I'll admit I haven't stopped laughing since I read this, and in not even exaggerating. It's been months since I've laughed so much it hurts and makes me cry.

OP, if nothing else you've brought me tremendous joy, some of these reactions are gold.

wtf? What are you apologizing for? Who the hell is Holy Baikal or whoever you seem to care so much about? What does any of that have to do with being LTTP for Persona 3?

Summarize man. Maybe use some links for context.

Arcadius

Banned
133349-the-office-ryan-speechless-sil-XnDC.gif

I mean...kudos to OP for opening up like that but man...you need to take a step back from video games and the internet.

There's some serious issues exhibited in that post that I'm sure psych-GAF can probably identity better.

If you believe I need help, throw me a link to the thread, I'll post in there, if you think it's serious. What I wrote is a culmination of many things. One doesn't need to take it 100% seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom