• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I’d Like to Apologize to NeoGAF, Give a Special Thank You and LTTPs too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Rofl, I'm not going to bother with that wall of text, but someone please tell me this is actually in there.

I sit here drafting sentence after sentence as tears run down my face, what can I say to properly get my emotions across, how do I even say it? HolyBaikal, I want you to know that I appreciate you more than I have ever appreciated anyone in my life.

Ferrio

Banned
So why was this HolyBaikal person banned in the first place?

For being stubborn I guess. Would ask questions (usually revolving Moe or anime or something) but would never accept any of the answers given. Threads would always get locked. Then there'd be a new one, it'd go for 10 pages people explaining stuff but Holy would just ignore it. Holy's personality was very odd but I don't think it's the reason for the banning, think it was for ignoring what everyone would say.

Violet_0

Banned
image.php
this avatar is currently going unused and that's a real shame

you need to become the bat baikal, op

For being stubborn I guess. Would ask questions (usually revolving Moe or anime or something) but would never accept any of the answers given.
Oh I see. I am still completely and utterly lost after reading most of this thread and the OP. I think I need to ly dow.

Arcadius

Banned
If the HolyBaikal stuff has you in a whirl, skip it, go to the Persona 3 LTTP or if you could answer a question! =)

Kodaman

Your av works I think

E:
Imagine
Dead_poets.jpg

But they are all holding body pillows

And by body pillows you mean dakimakuras...

I guess OP had good intentions. There's value in that.

PD: I'm searching the HolyBaikal in me, can't find it yet.. I'll keep you guys informed.

Afrodium

Banned
Wait what? Baikai seemed pretty opposed to most hentai, since none of it seemed to fit the very specific mold they were looking for.

I'm just summarizing what he said.

The truth is I was actually jealous of all the waifu and anime love and I resorted to middle school tactics of just belittling people. I feel disgusted with myself as I type this out and I hope that NeoGAF members will accept the apology. I have expanded on the waifu love and have played some VN’s of ... well I’ll be blunt …. ecchi/hentai content. This is typically something I would keep to myself, but this thread is more than just me being sincere, it’s me being true to myself and I want NeoGAF to witness this with me. I have since played Girlish Grimoire: Littlewitch Romanesque and am working on A Kiss for the Petals. I will have some questions regarding VN’s at the end of the thread. Just to say, waifu and anime girls are pretty great; I have always secretly loved them, and it’s pretty easy to see why.

malts

OP needs to adopt HolyBaikal's avatar and take up the fight as NeoGaf's leading expert on Japanese culture and a tireless crusader for all things moe. It's the right way to pay tribute.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
My first reaction was that this was a thread about PS2 emulation, but I wont be hesitant to judge. It's great you liked Persona 3 so much. It was a solid game. When you want to know more about the long line of PS2 rpgs then check out this: http://www.listal.com/list/jrpgs-on-playstation-2 There's more, but hey it's a start.

I had Persona 3 when it came out, but I also had the PS2 since launch. There's quite a plethora of JRPGs on the console that get talked about respectively, but it only happens once someone remembers or is LTTP. You have to open up a little more in terms of what you want to experience on the PS2. Last gen made it apparent that the industry was moving onward, so some game types feel obscure unless you either know what you want or you want to look elsewhere but can't.

Ferrio

Banned
Argument with EviLore about how woman can be stronger or at least as strong as men in fights. Was a UFC thread.

Ya that was the final straw. Social equality is great, but unfortunately all the good will in the world can't fix hard facts.

OP needs to adopt HolyBaikal's avatar and take up the fight as NeoGaf's leading expert on Japanese culture and a tireless crusader for all things moe. It's the right way to pay tribute.

There must always be a HolyBaikai.

Arcadius

Banned

I know my thread is "taking it too far", but wouldn't that be on another level?

rexor0717

I miss Otrebor Nightmarecoat
#FreeNightmarecoat

Still my favorite poster in GAF history.

I love how normally TLDR is really frowned upon, but there is a 2 post block of text. This is the one time its appropriate. Yet somehow I really want to read that OP after seeing snippets.

Aselith

Is this is a bid from HolyBaikal to come back? I kind of drift off after a while when I'm reading the rantings of a clear madman.

All this over a single conversation? Must have been a doozy.

ocean

Banned
I know my thread is "taking it too far", but wouldn't that be on another level?
Taking an Avatar and defending points you stand for would be significantly less weird than this thread. I don't think it's inappropriate and, if you forgive my being bold in assuming, would probably make Holy proud (knowing someone is still defending the truths he stood for).

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Persona spoilers

Holybaikal is on the moon now, keeping humanity's self-destructiveness at bay.

3rd Question: This is for Persona know-it-alls. Since I’ve taken incredibly well to my first Persona experience, I’d like to know if playing the older Persona games is worth it? For it to be “worth it”, the story would have to be some-what good (considering the time-period the games are made) or the combat be amazing. I’ve heard that the first Persona game isn’t worth it at all, but the 2nd might be. Speaking of Shin Megami Tensei games, are the other series worth delving into as well? The Devil games or whatever they may be called. How do they differ from Persona and are they received better or worse than the Persona series? Another question, I’m not going to play Persona 4 just yet, but I’d like to know if Persona 4: Golden is absolutely necessary to have the best experience possible. As you can see, I don’t own a Vita or Vita-TV, which means it would be quite a costly venture for one game. Is there a chance that Persona 4: Golden could get a PS3 port or should I eradicate such thoughts?
I don't really care for the older games gameplay wise. They're kind of bad, imo. But their stories are solid.

Persona 4 Golden isn't necessary, though it is the best version of the game. You can easily get by with the vanilla version though. Cheaper alternative too, since you can buy the PS2 Classics version off PSN for ten bucks.

I feel that you've got some deeply heartfelt sentiments buried in there, but your hero-worship of a troubled poster and bizarre Persona review don't help.

HolyBaikal was many things, but an example to emulate was not one of them, I'm afraid. I can only hope they've found some happiness and stability outside of GAF, because they sure as well didn't have it here.
#FREEBURNTPORK

I KNOW THAT FUCKER STILL BROWSES THIS SHIT

FIGHT ME MOTHERFUCKER

He fell, but his spirit lives on every time a knee is jerked and a conclusion is leapt to.

ZeroX03

Banned
Rofl, I'm not going to bother with that wall of text, but someone please tell me this is actually in there.

It's actually in there.

I cannot believe I read the entire thing. To summarize.

1. OP is mad in love with HolyBaikal
  2. Would even give up his account so HolyBaikal can return and start posting again
  3. Loves Persona 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom