• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am here to eat my Spiderman 2 crow!

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
486t4c.jpg

I got to admit I was wrong. Althought I am a huge insomniac fan (love Ratchet and Clank series) Spiderman 2 to this point unimpressed me. I was expecting big things considering this was developed exclusively for the PS5. I was not impressed until today.

The game has really been cleaned up in this short but sweet trailer. I am really impressed by the smooth transitions from the Maps to gameplay. Switching between the 2 characters are equally impressive. The few moments of game play shown are highly impressive. The Draw distance, the Lighting, the motion, etc are hitting the mark.

This maybe the new benchmark game for the current generation.

Fbh

Graphically it looks nice in some spots.
Still seems like the same ps3 era formula with some SSD powered quality of life improvements though.

Will pick it up when it's $30.
But a lot of people here just care about graphics so I'm sure they'll be pleased

Last edited:
This looked..well, spectacular. My only gripe with this footage is that it feels rushed for some reason. I don't mean the graphics or gameplay, just the trailer itself was going too fast. All of the trailers in that conference after the first two felt like this 1.2x to 1.5x speed and this guy feels like he's rushing through his explanations of the mechanics, because they have to hurry up and get to the next game presentation.

Daytime looks muddy and kinda crud but night times look incredibubble like Morales and Batman Arkham Knight
I think most of the good AAA devs have figured out rain, night time, and snow effects. The true next gen test now will be how someone can make a clear blue sky sunny daytime(with no overcast tricks or matrix filter) appear next gen.

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

Wow this looks amazing. Traversing the city looks faster with web slinging and web wings.

Switching between Miles and Peter is almost instant like it should be. Really looks phenomenal. My TV broke just in time. Now I have an excuse to get another 55 inch for my room. Had a Vizio V but 2 days ago it went crazy.

Oct 20 just a month away.

Crayon

Yeah it looked really good. This is a good candidate for a 'bigger, badder, better' approach to a sequel. That's what they did for God of war and horizon. It's not ground breaking or anything but those are some of the better games out there so you want to balance adding new things with getting a sequel out the door asap.

The eating crow part I see with the graphics, though. This is going to end up looking seriously good on screen.

Last edited:

Nvzman

Seeing confirmation of the classic suit returning immediately makes me hyped to play it, simply can't beat perfection! 🙂

supernova8

Banned
Yeah it looked really good. This is a good candidate for a 'bigger, batter, better' approach to a sequel. That's what they did for God of war and horizon. It's not ground breaking or anything but those are some of the better games out there so you want to balance adding new things with getting a sequel out the door asap.

The eating crow part I see with the graphics, though. This is going to end up looking seriously good on screen.
Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

I still would have preferred if they skipped Miles Morales and spent the entire time making a Spiderman 2 that was more of a generational leap.. same with Gran Turismo. I was probably expecting more a Horizon ZW -> FW level visual improvement.

Said it in the other thread, but the way they described it sounded like "hey look same but with faster loading times between characters, a bigger map, and loads of costumes!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom