• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am here to eat my Spiderman 2 crow!

Sequels I look as like expansions you can look at it that way, it creates based off the fundamentals of the first game and that’s amazing. Spider-Man 2 will provide great super hero battles and outside of Batman that hasn’t happened often.

Yes and no. Take Last of Us Remastered and look at the leap to LoU2 ..

That's the exact same comparison to Spiderman Remastered. Both games were last gen games that got a remaster on current gen yet the sequel was made with only current gen in mind and it blew LoU1 remaster out of the water.

Actually, same with Uncharted 3 remaster > Uncharted 4

So if anyone's wondering why some of us are a bit disappointed with Spidey 2 (or Ragnarok or GT7 or LoU1 Remake) look no further than how much bigger the graphical leap was last time.

Btw- i do think Spiderman 2 was improved from the very disappointing initial gameplay reveal. So I'm happy it's looking better and more in line with how it should be on PS5. But these small improvements with games has been the story of this generation. It's not unfair for people to expect Uncharted 3>Uncharted 4 type leaps from premiere studios.

Last edited:
Top Bottom