• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I am here to eat my Spiderman 2 crow!

Brigandier

Looks like a playing-it-safe expansion on the first game with tons of asset reuse

mike tyson fight GIF

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
There is one part of that trailer I don't understand. Why would the public in one area of New York call for only either Miles or Peter for help? If they're in trouble wouldn't either Spider-Man be helpful?

Trilobit

Looks really good and fresh. I didn't feel the hype as I recently completed SM1 and MM, but this looks interesting. There's one thing though I really want...MOOAAAR STEALTH! Make it a Splinter Cell game!

L*][*N*K

Banned
You're talking visuals only?

That's fucking rich coming from a guy with a zelda avatar :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Obviously there's an image quality improvement from the first, but I guess if you're used to cell shaded cartoon games at 30fps every last and current gen game with more realistic graphics start all looking the same
Yes go on attack Zelda, make sure no one is talking about Spider-man now, muddy the water for King Jim 🙌🏻

Kinda like Elden Ring and Dark Souls? That’s more like a positive

This game is nothing like those games.

Odd complaint when a huge number of games aren't doing things drastically different with the overall design. Yet many are still great.

In what way?

A couple of recent examples:

Elden Ring: Open world exploration guided by world design.

Starfield: a few button presses changes your planet. Instant switching of biomes. There is a loading screen but it's fast enough. Gives you very good visual variety.

Not saying Spiderman 2 should copy those two. It's not possible within the IP. But a fresh take to world design or maybe how quests are handled would be much appreciated. As of now it's a cool game but overly familiar.

cybertailor

Neo Member
latest Trailer looks much better. What I perceived as "bad" in the first trailer, had less to do with graphic performance than poor choices in art direction.

I still don't understand why the main UI colors seem to be pink and cyan, because they don't match with the classic spider man colors nor with the overly yellow tinted chase scene from the first trailer.
The chase seemed off because they made NY look like a swamp, maybe it's to symbolize Kravens jungle vibe, but the whole scene made it seem like it's set in some swampy part of florida - just felt off.

Who is talking about Zelda? Go to the offical TOTK thread and throw up all over there, Nintendo games were never graphically or technologically impressive but the ONLY thing Sony had going for it this past decade, take that away what do you have left?
Definitely, only graphics in the past decade. No gameplay, no stories, no voicework, no immersive audio. Basically Sony's been selling paintings for the last decade and according to you they aren't even that impressive. lol

It's ok to have preferences, no one's forcing you to like what you clearly don't. If you prefer the cartoony shit with the same 3 or 4 protagonists in every single game narrated in baby babble speech, that's ok. But you don't get to call out games for an aspect you preferred ones are 5 gens behind :)

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
A couple of recent examples:

Starfield: a few button presses changes your planet. Instant switching of biomes. There is a loading screen but it's fast enough. Gives you very good visual variety.

THAT is your example of "modern-day game designs?" Button presses on a menu to fast travel and loading screens?!

The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

At least put some effort in your trolling man. This is too obvious 😄

Last edited:

TonyK

It looks more of the same and with a cross gen looks like yet, but I platinum Spider-man and Miles Morales so fucking day one for this.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
How is this trolling?

Why are you taking instant switching of biomes for granted?

Why don't Insomniac make it if it were so easy?
  1. There is no INSTANT switching of biomes in Starfield lol.
  2. There IS instant switching of biomes/neighborhoods in Spider-Man 2, which Insomniac literally showed today.
That is why it's trolling. You're spreading false claims.

zeldaring

Banned
I
Definitely, only graphics in the past decade. No gameplay, no stories, no voicework, no immersive audio. Basically Sony's been selling paintings for the last decade and according to you they aren't even that impressive. lol

It's ok to have preferences, no one's forcing you to like what you clearly don't. If you prefer the cartoony shit with the same 3 or 4 protagonists in every single game narrated in baby babble speech, that's ok. But you don't get to call out games for an aspect you preferred ones are 5 gens behind :)
Many of nintendo games are also aimed at having a skill level for a children. many people love them cause it puts a smile on their face something i always here from nintendo fans. For me sony has the vastly better gameplay, and i don't like uncharted franchise lol

1. There is no INSTANT switching of biomes in Starfield lol.
  2. There IS instant switching of biomes/neighborhoods in Spider-Man 2, which Insomniac literally showed today.
That is why it's trolling. You're spreading false claims.

Same city is different biomes now??

LMAO.

Nothing wrong with an old school game like this. Am sure it will be enjoyable. But don't try to act like it's something it's not.

Top Bottom