• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just want to talk games, man

J-Tier

Me too. I started to shy away as gaming GAF got increasingly political.

However, I go where the communities go, and stay where they stay. Hopefully the fighting game threads continue strong.

I'm weirdly stoked about the OG Xbox games releasing tomorrow, like moreso than Mario and Wolfenstein.

I'm gonna buy KOTOR and Crimson Skies. And maybe Black.

I've been playing AC Unity in preparation for AC Origins. Here is hoping its good. If not it may well be my last AC as I haven't felt the need to finish the last few. Just burned out as I felt no reason to go on. I liked playing as Evie though. Dat Cane was serious business.

Anyway that's a rambling post about nothing much. Happy Friday Video Games Gaf whatever you are picking up.

By posting on this site you support the disgusting scum bag who owns it whether you want to or not. Lots of alternatives out there.
Would you really want to apply this to the internet as a whole- or are you being selective?

We could go even further if you want to start including basic commodities such as clothing and the devices we're all using in the countries we live in preying on smaller countries.

The Dude

By posting on this site you support the disgusting scum bag who owns it whether you want to or not. Lots of alternatives out there.

Fucking garbage the lot of you being complicit with a sexual predator ‘cause ya wanna talk about video games

Like, the hell is wrong with y’all
Guess it means jack shit that a woman has been assaulted

Fucking ban me so I can cleanse myself of this hellhole

P.S.
POPGAF was the best community

P.P.S.
Go fuck yourself Evilore (⁎⚈᷀᷁ᴗ⚈᷀᷁⁎)

Yet people like you just can't help yourselves to keep posting and stay logged in lol just leave then, shouldn't be to hard

Fynriel

Banned
Well look. All the batshit insane people are actually leaving. Let them go someplace else and resurrect their politics-laden SJW tribunal.

As for those who stick around...talk about games you say? Then let's talk about games!
I got really excited about the Xbox BC announcements. Internal 1080p! If you own the discs, you basically get a free HD remaster. It's crazy to what lengths MS went for this. Compare this to the $15 PS2 games on PSN that are "mildly" upgraded/upscaled. And then they're enhancing 360 games for the X. Give me some of that crispy clean Oblivion.

Hydrus

This place will be a huge work in progress for awhile it seems.

Not really. Give it about 2 weeks to clear out all the haters. Most of them are already banned. This place has almost 200,000 members. People who haven't posted here in years are coming back and more new members will come. In a few weeks this place will be under control.

guyssorry

Same. Other forums pale in comparison to most of the gaming stuff here. I love the OT and sales. threads here. Oh, and the screenshot threads. So great.

Rizific

I feel you op. I have no idea why people who clearly don't like this place are still around stating how much they don't like this place. Fuck outa here then. Destiny 2 launches on pc tomorrow and I know I'll have questions and want to discuss it.

The Dude

Same. Other forums pale in comparison to most of the gaming stuff here. I love the OT and sales. threads here. Oh, and the screenshot threads. So great.

Yea it's a solid board.. I had a hand in making and creating a site called Dayonepatch and my vision was more like gaf, that place turned into a total cesspool.

Gaf is solid, I don't know about other areas of the board but I don't give a fuck really as gane chat was great and that's mainly what I care about. The sales areas were good as well.

Ultima_5

Well look. All the batshit insane people are actually leaving. Let them go someplace else and resurrect their politics-laden SJW tribunal.

As for those who stick around...talk about games you say? Then let's talk about games!
I got really excited about the Xbox BC announcements. Internal 1080p! If you own the discs, you basically get a free HD remaster. It's crazy to what lengths MS went for this. Compare this to the $15 PS2 games on PSN that are "mildly" upgraded/upscaled. And then they're enhancing 360 games for the X. Give me some of that crispy clean Oblivion.
Do we have all these multi year old junior accounts due to them being backup accounts?

GavinUK86

Me too Dude. Wolfenstein 2 and AC Origins coming out on Friday. Who's pumped for those? I can't wait to get my hands on Wolf. Probably buy AC in a couple weeks.

SebastianM

Yeah, that's fantastic news, I hope they can get Burnout 3 in there as well.

Microsoft getting their shit togheter for sure, it's gonna be interesting how things will pan out going into next-gen.

kegkilla

Banned
What's funny is that it's very rare nowadays to have a forum that focuses on gaming and leaves the rest of the bullshit at the door. They don't mix well, and I'm glad we're going this direction.

Fynriel

Banned
Do we have all these multi year old junior accounts due to them being backup accounts?

Eh, no I'm actually legitimately a junior. I made an account a few years back, pretty much stayed a lurker. I've always wanted to participate more, but never really did...
I also admittedly got pretty turned off by all the politics over the years so this change that's in the air has me intrigued.

Fynriel

Banned
Yeah, that's fantastic news, I hope they can get Burnout 3 in there as well.

Microsoft getting their shit togheter for sure, it's gonna be interesting how things will pan out going into next-gen.

Them offering improved versions of older games is a pretty compelling case for the X. Consider all the exclusives no one has ever played in HD because there isn't any proper emulation for Xbox like there is for PS2/GC. This is a huge boon for them. And enhanced 360 games! Imagine suddenly having Fable II available in 4K/60 on the X. Or yeah, Burnout would be sweet. Personally I'm hoping for Morrowind.

The Dude

Them offering improved versions of older games is a pretty compelling case for the X. Consider all the exclusives no one has ever played in HD because there isn't any proper emulation for Xbox like there is for PS2/GC. This is a huge boon for them. And enhanced 360 games! Imagine suddenly having Fable II available in 4K/60 on the X. Or yeah, Burnout would be sweet. Personally I'm hoping for Morrowind.

I actually didn't catch that tidbit, that is definitely one hell of an intriguing aspect to buying an X. Man I think I want, no... Need one

korona15

Banned
Seems to me its only airheads who just "want to talk about games" without any political context. Fine, be stupid and rot here with your brainless talking about cool video games.

Yukinari

Gone Home is made by untalented hipsters who wouldnt know a good game if it hit them so hard that their scarves flew off their necks.

Just my opinion though.

Alienfan

I want to talk games, I want to talk about social issues in games, I want to talk about the industry, the good and the bad, I want to talk about the way indie games are mirroring aspects of the real world, the politics that influence some of our favorite pieces. The types of discussions Waypoint, ClothMap, Polygon and Kotaku sometimes delve into. That's what made neogaf different, and a lot of that has been put on ice for no good reason. Games encompasses a range of topics, limiting that discourse to the consumerist side kinda blows if I'm perfectly honest

The JT

Neo Member
Me too, man, me too. big week Mario, Assassin Creed, and Wolfenstein. Hopefully we get some OT up and running.

The Dude

I gotta say the one game I want a sequel to so bad is Prey, what an incredible game that was...one of my absolute recent favorites. Any mention from Arkane on a possible Prey 2?

I just want to talk about DC movies then occassionally passively aggressively shit on Marvel movies

What will I do without this site idk

Not gonna lie, I'm really bummed about not being able to shitpost about Olicity and Barry's many L's with the rest of Arrowverse-GAF, or lurking over threads filled for pages with back and forth bickering between MCU-GAF and DCCU-GAF (probably a solid 30% of posts belonging solely to Veelk and Bleepy).

Can't forget Stargate and Trek-GAF, as well. Good people.

renzolama

I played Mankind Divided: Criminal Minds DLC today and I liked video games. Then I played some Halo 5 Warzone Firefight, and I didn't like video games. Screw you warden eternal, you turned my precious rare scorpion tank into a roadblock and laughed at me until I exploded.

rucury

Banned
I want to talk games, I want to talk about social issues in games, I want to talk about the industry, the good and the bad, I want to talk about the way indie games are mirroring aspects of the real world, the politics that influence some of our favorite pieces. The types of discussions Waypoint, ClothMap, Polygon and Kotaku sometimes delve into. That's what made neogaf different, and a lot of that has been put on ice for no good reason. Games encompasses a range of topics, limiting that discourse to the consumerist side kinda blows if I'm perfectly honest

Ding ding ding. No lies detected. I like talking about games, but also realize that the medium is maturing in such a way as to allow for analysis and critiques from aspects such as socially and politically. Games are not made in a bubble. There will always be politics and social issues involved. “Games are just games maaaan”... Come on, grow up my dude.

I want to talk games

Then NeoGAF will fit the bill.

I want to talk about social issues in games, I want to talk about the industry, the good and the bad, I want to talk about the way indie games are mirroring aspects of the real world, the politics that influence some of our favorite pieces. The types of discussions Waypoint, ClothMap, Polygon and Kotaku sometimes delve into. That's what made neogaf different, and a lot of that has been put on ice for no good reason. Games encompasses a range of topics, limiting that discourse to the consumerist side kinda blows if I'm perfectly honest

And <some other place> will allow that.

Not your house, not your rules.

So which game are you the most hyped to get this Friday? Mario? Origins? Or Wolfenstein 2?

My backlog. Still playing several games, including DOOM 2016. But Wolf 2 next for sure.

smurfx

get some go again
My man!

Some of us moved to SLAENT.com if you're looking to rejoin that and other off topic communities. Also the fact that it's being censored is extremely petty.
got curious and saw what it looks like and sure enough it's a shitty ass layout. these protest boards can at least put some effort into the boards.

Top Bottom