• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just want to talk games, man

ryseing

Well look. All the batshit insane people are actually leaving. Let them go someplace else and resurrect their politics-laden SJW tribunal.

Do we need to stop virtue signaling as well? We're all a bunch of cucks, right?

Any other buzzwords you want to throw out?

Not really. Give it about 2 weeks to clear out all the haters. Most of them are already banned. This place has almost 200,000 members. People who haven't posted here in years are coming back and more new members will come. In a few weeks this place will be under control.

But will what's left be worth it? If all that's left are people with a "fuck everyone who doesn't just all blindly about games" it's going to be awful. If you can't understand that a lot of people who've spent a decade or more here being driven off is a bad thing I'm not sure what to tell you.

Those great OT and great movements like the push back against DRM and multiplayer passes didn't come from no where. And while there are still good people left, they'll be quickly driven away with the toxic garbage coming from you and a couple other people's mouths. No amount of fresh moderation will change that.

I'm sticking it out, and hoping for the best, but it's attitudes like yours that give me little hope.

Traxtech

Also only came here for gaming news, it's become a habit that neogaf gaming is my first stop when it comes to news or things I may have missed.

ZenaxPure

Agreed.

I look forward to not seeing any of their posts ever again.

Want to third this. Stopped posting on gaf over a year ago cause I was tired of how gaming threads for some reason stopped being about games. Would love to come back and just have fun times talking about games and speculating about news. Will be interested to see how this all pans out.

“Games are just games maaaan”... Come on, grow up my dude.

Not at all, you are right that games have gotten to the point where people can talk about politics or social issues but you should also respect the fact that most people simply want to play a fun video game and talk about the game itself (mechanics, game design, performance, etc.) I and many other people don't give a rat's bottom about any of the stuff you mentioned, I barely even care about the story in a game most of the time.

I am not saying it shouldn't be allowed but the attitude of thumbing your nose at people who just want to play some video games and talk about them without it being wrapped up in some sort of broader culture war is annoying.

HobbestheTiger

Neo Member
Been dying for NeoGAF to come back. I have a question and i’m Really hoping a mod maybe could respond to me. I am an old member who used to have an account attached to my work email. When I switched jobs 2 and 1/2 years ago I lost my account and have had to wait until just two weeks ago to gain access again!

The email i’m Using I will be most likely losing access to again soon, is there any way to change to a different email and keep my account i’ve Finally got access to again? Don’t get me wrong, lurking is fine but I much prefer participating! Please help anyone

Jea Song

Did the right thing
I’m conflicted I want to get this Friday. On one hand I want to get Mario odyssey. But I also think I want to get call of duty WWII and the new Wolfenstein game not to mention assassins creed origins . Now I don’t have the money for all these games I probably only have money for one of these games here. too bad the Target deal doesn’t support switch games but I am I’m leaning towards Mario odyssey what do you guys think?

Been dying for NeoGAF to come back. I have a question and i’m Really hoping a mod maybe could respond to me. I am an old member who used to have an account attached to my work email. When I switched jobs 2 and 1/2 years ago I lost my account and have had to wait until just two weeks ago to gain access again!

The email i’m Using I will be most likely losing access to again soon, is there any way to change to a different email and keep my account i’ve Finally got access to again? Don’t get me wrong, lurking is fine but I much prefer participating! Please help anyone

I think you can change an account's email address. I registered 9 years ago using a college email which I no longer have access to and has since been deleted. I remember changing my email a few years after I registered.

Hydrus

But will what's left be worth it? If all that's left are people with a "fuck everyone who doesn't just all blindly about games" it's going to be awful. If you can't understand that a lot of people who've spent a decade or more here being driven off is a bad thing I'm not sure what to tell you.

Those great OT and great movements like the push back against DRM and multiplayer passes didn't come from no where. And while there are still good people left, they'll be quickly driven away with the toxic garbage coming from you and a couple other people's mouths. No amount of fresh moderation will change that.

I'm sticking it out, and hoping for the best, but it's attitudes like yours that give me little hope.

You don't even know me and you automatically assume that I spew toxic bullshit. You are exactly what has been wrong with Gaf for so long. You dont want to talk about games on a video game forum. You want take your social views and impose them on others.Take your holier-than-thou attitude and GTFO. Those "great movements" are why so many people hate Gaf. Your obviously not gonna like the direction this place going in and now you don't have a giant mob of toxic posters who think like you to jump in and dog pile whoever doesn't agree with your views. Time for you to leave.

Aretak

All of you are fucking children
8ouwxijj2j.gif

RavageX

This is really all I have to say on everything.

I come here to learn about games, talk about games, and maybe even play a game or two at some point with some of you.

Every now and then talk about something slightly off topic but is still game related.

ALL this other stuff...Trump this, Trump that, SJW ( a word I am SICK of seeing everywhere) and just about anything else that keeps popping up with this increasingly MAD world we live in...I don't care to see here.

Hell, the stuff gets shoved down your throat as it is on a daily basis.

KLoWn

Maybe we can have a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 thread without it being derailed because of certain characters clothes now? I mean, I think they look kinda pretty ridiculous too, but it doesn't need to be brought up every fuckin time XCX2 is mentioned.

You don't even know me and you automatically assume that I spew toxic bullshit. You are exactly what has been wrong with Gaf for so long. You dont want to talk about games on a video game forum. You want take your social views and impose them on others.Take your holier-than-thou attitude and GTFO. Those "great movements" are why so many people hate Gaf. Your obviously not gonna like the direction this place going in and now you don't have a giant mob of toxic posters who think like you to jump in and dog pile whoever doesn't agree with your views. Time for you to leave.

I don't have to know you, I only have to read this thread and your replies. Holier than thou? I say pot calling the kettle black. What do you think you're doing in this thread? Trying to put yourself and your ideals above others because "mah gaming!"

And no, I'm not leaving because there is hope that there will be enough people not like you to still make this place worth visiting. I'll decide for myself in time if GAF is still worth my time. I won't be bullied out of it by someone who suddenly feels empowered over others, unjustly so at that.

HobbestheTiger

Neo Member
I think you can change an account's email address. I registered 9 years ago using a college email which I no longer have access to and has since been deleted. I remember changing my email a few years after I registered.

Great to know! Thanks for the reply. Any idea how I would do it? I thought I heard it was moving to anonymous mods now so I don’t know who to contact to change it.

TaroYamada

I don't have to know you, I only have to read this thread and your replies. Holier than thou? I say pot calling the kettle black. What do you think you're doing in this thread? Trying to put yourself and your ideals above others because "mah gaming!"

And no, I'm not leaving because there is hope that there will be enough people not like you to still make this place worth visiting. I'll decide for myself in time if GAF is still worth my time. I won't be bullied out of it by someone who suddenly feels empowered over others, unjustly so at that.

It will take time to see where things head. But you'd have to be blind to not see the issues and bias that were in place before. I think things are hot right now because there's a lot of disingenuous posters throwing a fit that their political movement lost control of the site.

The issue isn't what EL has or hasn't done its that everyone that kept this forum content rich like many of the OT makers, Sales-Age, and the news updaters like LA, Duckroll have all left the site.

People like Mat of NPD, and the developers and reviewers like Easy Allies that used to come here to discuss things with the gaming populace will no longer post here.

So what happens when a forum loses its most active members in the community and loses all industry insider viewpoints? There's a definite content gap that's going to be created by the loss of these people.

The Dude

The issue isn't what EL has or hasn't done its that everyone that kept this forum content rich like many of the OT makers, Sales-Age, and the news updaters like LA, Duckroll have all left the site.

People like Mat of NPD, and the developers and reviewers like Easy Allies that used to come here to discuss things with the gaming populace will no longer post here.

So what happens when a forum loses its most active members in the community and loses all industry insider view?

That's life. It is what it is... I mean I game but i have a wife, work, other hobbies... I come here to see what gaming chatter is happening and if it's slower then oh well

Randomizer

I’m conflicted I want to get this Friday. On one hand I want to get Mario odyssey. But I also think I want to get call of duty WWII and the new Wolfenstein game not to mention assassins creed origins . Now I don’t have the money for all these games I probably only have money for one of these games here. too bad the Target deal doesn’t support switch games but I am I’m leaning towards Mario odyssey what do you guys think?
Mario is the obvious choice. You have an inventive, innovative 3D platformer versus two FPS games and an Assassin Creed game. Those other games have no originality and are going to be typical 'AAA' western games, Wolfenstein possibly the exception. 3D platformers are a rare breed and this is the first true 3D Mario since the Galaxy games. A true follow up to two of the greatest games of all time.

It will take time to see where things head. But you'd have to be blind to not see the issues and bias that were in place before. I think things are hot right now because there's a lot of disingenuous posters throwing a fit that their political movement lost control of the site.

Undoubtedly there were problems, but this hardly seems to have been the fix if it cost so many people that the community was based around. EL has made it clear gaf isn't going anywhere, so the question is only what path the community takes and how moderation will be handled going forward (which will help shape said community)

Hydrus

It's people like you that have been dragging this place down. What have I said in this thread that makes you think I'm putting "my ideals above others" or "bullying"? I've repeatedly said I'm glad NeoGaf, a VIDEO GAME forum, can go back to focusing on VIDEO GAMES. You on the other hand, don't want to discuss gaming, your obliviously here for other reasons, like politics, and that's why this site has lost it's focus for so long. People like you have been bullying others on this site for years.

I'll decide for myself in time if GAF is still worth my time.

This is the holier than thou attitude I'm talking about. It's not worth your time. Your too good for this place since you dont want to talk about "mah gaming!" .

TaroYamada

It's people like you that have been dragging this place down. What have I said in this thread that makes you think I'm putting "my ideals above others" or "bullying"? I've repeatedly said I'm glad NeoGaf, a VIDEO GAME forum, can go back to focusing on VIDEO GAMES. You on the other hand, don't want to discuss gaming, your obliviously here for other reasons, like politics, and that's why this site has lost it's focus for so long. People like you have been bullying others on this site for years.

This is the holier than thou attitude I'm talking about. It's not worth your time. Your too good for this place since you dont want to talk about "mah gaming!" .

I don't think you're helping matters. He seems genuinely interested in seeing things settle down.

Faynwulf

Just wait until the ResetEra containment zone is opened. It'll get better.

Waiting for my Destiny 2 shipment. Sucks that the PC retail is a code only.
I'm not looking forward to downloading 60gb with my shitty internet connection. :(

edit: I also 100% agree with Hydrus sentiment.

Aretak

So what happens when a forum loses its most active members in the community and loses all industry insider viewpoints? There's a definite content gap that's going to be created by the loss of these people.
I think you're grossly overstating their importance myself. I've never given the remotest of fucks how many developers, garme jurnalizts and assorted "VIPs" post here. It's not like it matters in any way whether they reveal their little tidbits on here or somewhere else - it all ends up splashed all over every video game news site and forum on the net anyway. The obsession with NeoGAF being this place where you post alongside all these super cool industry insiders has never seemed like anything but masturbatory to me. Both for those people and those basking in some weird perceived reflected glory through association.

Plenty of other forums, indeed almost all other forums, do just fine as a community of faceless nobodies with a common interest. I've never wanted this place to be anything else, personally.

I don't think you're helping matters. He seems genuinely interested in seeing things settle down.

Indeed. I want things to settle down, I want to see how this plays out, and I'm genuinely hoping for the best... My concern is that what's left will be people that think that stifling conversation by insulting those that are genuinely upset is the right way to handle situations.

The last thing I want see is gaf become another gamefaqs or ign. I want to be able to have real conversations about games. I put far more of my 20k posts in gaming than OT.

T.v

I am optimistic about the future of GAF. That's all I will say in this thread out of respect for the OP's intentions.

Now let's talk games. Any news on the rest of the Jak and Daxter remasters? They were supposed to release this year, no?

Muku

I'm with you OP. I can't wait for Mario Odyssey!!! OMG! I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time.

I think you're grossly overstating their importance myself. I've never given the remotest of fucks how many developers, garme jurnalizts and assorted "VIPs" post here. It's not like it matters in any way whether they reveal their little tidbits on here or somewhere else - it all ends up splashed all over every video game news site and forum on the net anyway. The obsession with NeoGAF being this place where you post alongside all these super cool industry insiders has never seemed like anything but masturbatory to me. Both for those people and those basking in some weird perceived reflected glory through association.

Plenty of other forums, indeed almost all other forums, do just fine as a community of faceless nobodies with a common interest. I've never wanted this place to be anything else, personally.

And those that actively promoted and posted in community threads, singed up for vidya game OTs have collectively bailed, taking their communities with them. Insiders or no insiders these people formed a large part of GAF's identity, the people willing to put time, effort and research into these things. These people are gone.

It's why I am on Neogaf.

So I can get news and other people's thoughts on games.

But one complaint is how it's always this time of the year it's saturated with games. Wish they would spread them out more.

dezzy8

Pretty much. Ride it out for a bit. Then we can get back to discussing why Capcom can't manage theirselves out of a paper bag.
Fact. Hopefully Monster Hunter World will turn them around. It looks like they're throwing their last bit of money into that.

Jezan

I started playing Valkyrie Profile.

Well I played a little (I think only one chapter) like back in 2007, iirc.

But after reading more about it, still not spoiled, I'm intimidated by the score system and the time limit, I know I won't be able to get the best ending without a guide, but I also feel that the time limit will not allow me to visit all towns and stuff.

Any advice on how to proceed? I just finished the first dungeon and visited one town.

Top Bottom