• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I made some NeoGAF Chrome extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
3chopl0x said:
Good for you? It's still better. Why install all different ones and use more resources when I can have just one?

I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just informing you that the extensions are connected and those features wouldn't exist without my own extensions.

Besides that, by definition it will be a bit behind, for instance the NeoGAF +1 isn't available in the consolidated extension, is it?

Shiggie

3chopl0x said:
Good for you? It's still better. Why install all different ones and use more resources when I can have just one?
no its not. it doesn't work in crome but Andrex's do. Also, take it easy buddy, this is only the innernets. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Shiggie said:
no its not. it doesn't work in crome but Andrex's do. Also, take it easy buddy, this is only the innernets. :p

There is a crx version of Treefingers' but I'm unsure why he doesn't make it available on the Chrome Web Store. Hrm. Something's fishy.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sarcasm said:
How does the highlighting work? I restarted and so on.

The user highlighter? Go into the options page and enter your name and the color.

Copernicus said:
Works fine for me.

It's like the iOS of Gaf extentions.

That's funny since I do consider my approach the Android way. :p More diversity, quicker updates, maybe a somewhat less-polished experience.

Echoplx

Andrex said:
There is a crx version of Treefingers' but I'm unsure why he doesn't make it available on the Chrome Web Store. Hrm. Something's fishy.

He said he just couldn't be bothered.

kehs

Banned
Andrex said:
That's funny since I do consider my approach the Android way. :p More diversity, quicker updates, maybe a somewhat less-polished experience.

grin.gif

kehs

Banned
Andrex said:
But it's the most exciting part! For me anyways. And it's pretty easy...

You should be a Gaf version of Chrome with the addons built in.

(and the appropriate android port of course)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Angry Grimace said:
I've probably received 14 PMs in my entire history on GAF. I just can't fathom what people talk about over PM.

I've pruned my PMs three or four times. This is just the current batch since the last prune:
vWXL2.png

Yeah, seriously.

jax (old)

Banned
don't use chrome here (firefox) but is there any info for chrome or firefox to get spoilertags installed? I'd hate to constantly have to type [ spoiler] etc.

ScOULaris

Jax said:
don't use chrome here (firefox) but is there any info for chrome or firefox to get spoilertags installed? I'd hate to constantly have to type [ spoiler] etc.
Check out this thread. Look under the Greasemonkey scripts in the OP. Quick Quote, Edit, Reply has a spoiler tag button.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah, thanks for linking that Scoularis. Those probably won't work with the QR extension though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'll be working on Quick Reply to get it working with nuGAF, until then you should probably disable it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Quick Reply has been updated and should be working. Current version is 1.2, go to chrome://settings/extensionSettings to check which version you're on. If you're on an older version, click the "Developer mode" checkbox and hit the "Update extensions now" button at the top of the page.

Performance isn't as good as before but should still be workable. If it's seriously affecting you, please post so and I'll try to update as soon as possible.

Test

I updated quick reply to 1.2 but I got this message when posting.

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

After an Uninstall and re-install, it works fine.

User highlighter still works, but I wonder if live thread still works.

Edit: And if you want to multiquote, you are going to have to push the post reply button.

Kyaw

Chrome has been seriously unresponsive and freezing a lot lately. (I suspect it's something else, could be the actual forum upgrade)

Uninstalled the extension for now to test stability.

Gui_PT

Chrome has been seriously unresponsive and freezing a lot lately. (I suspect it's something else, could be the actual forum upgrade)

Uninstalled the extension for now to test stability.

I use chrome and haven't had a problem with it. I did disable all the extensions that were just implemented, not sure if it has anything to do with your problem.

Edit: I can't see any avatars now though.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Is it possible to get a notification when someone quotes your post and replies to you? I think that would be really useful if possible.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Is it possible to get a notification when someone quotes your post and replies to you? I think that would be really useful if possible.

It's doable but I'd have to do it in a really hacky way until (if?) NeoGAF gets an actual API.

Trurl

Banned
Would an extension be possible that combines community threads with regular threads? By clicking on "Today's posts" I can already view all of the GAF's threads together, but I would like to keep the division between Off-Topic and Gaming.

Basically, I just want Poligaf to appear in the Off-Topic.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Would an extension be possible that combines community threads with regular threads? By clicking on "Today's posts" I can already view all of the GAF's threads together, but I would like to keep the division between Off-Topic and Gaming.

Basically, I just want Poligaf to appear in the Off-Topic.

It would probably slow the page down too much. I've become more performance-conscious lately... before I didn't really care at all. :p (As evidenced by my brutally lag-inducing +1 extension.)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Introducing my newest GAF extension, NeoGAF Super Ignore.

Just for fun extension that completely removes those annoying "this message is hidden" placeholders for NeoGAF users you have on your ignore list. Does not remove their quotes or posts that have quoted them, however.

Before:
zn7BwuAgLXR3cegII0f3NZlyxktp9PuBdvewrOPcfxQUxNz1kBwm4fyj0E64KmAaZFNwQ1Z41AQ=s640-h400-e365

After:
hz9I0dG_AhvVBiYfY6cojNKS6qHoRKiWjaYijMn_xmP0fZY5Q93hjkzbS88rwtSZG5IrBU19mA=s640-h400-e365

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I hate that jerk.
I only ignored him to test the extension, in reality I have no people on my ignore list.

Also as the quote said, it doesn't block quotes.

Haha I figured as much. Also I should have read that, derp. I'm surprised it would be hard to do but I guess it could make things confusing.

(I don't ignore anyone either, the dicks tend to get weeded out by the mods anyway.)

rozay

Banned
Is it possible to hide quoted posts from people on your ignore list through an extension?

(just theoretically, I know none of the ones currently there do)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Is it possible to hide quoted posts from people on your ignore list through an extension?

(just theoretically, I know none of the ones currently there do)

Yes, but it would have to crawl your ignore list page instead of just using the ignore box HTML on the current page.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Courtesy ColtraineGF and the beauty of open source software, version 1.5 of NeoGAF Messages is now live with the following features:

- Added options page.
- Added the "click to newest PM" feature.
- Keep track of notified PMs, so notice is only made when PMs come in.
- Updated the manifest to the newer format.
- Fixed the "repeat notify"; added option to keep that behavior if wanted.

Thanks again Coltraine!

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I think I'm going to be porting some of my UserScripts to extensions, since Google decided to be wet bags by disabling installing non-WebStore scripts/extensions.

Is there still a fee for signing up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom