• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I made some NeoGAF Chrome extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Introducing my newest GAF extension, NeoGAF Super Ignore.

Before:
zn7BwuAgLXR3cegII0f3NZlyxktp9PuBdvewrOPcfxQUxNz1kBwm4fyj0E64KmAaZFNwQ1Z41AQ=s640-h400-e365

After:
hz9I0dG_AhvVBiYfY6cojNKS6qHoRKiWjaYijMn_xmP0fZY5Q93hjkzbS88rwtSZG5IrBU19mA=s640-h400-e365

Can this remove posts from people that aren't on/can't be on your ignore list?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think I'm going to be porting some of my UserScripts to extensions, since Google decided to be wet bags by disabling installing non-WebStore scripts/extensions.

Is there still a fee for signing up?

Yeah, I think so. Think it's only $5 though.

Can this remove posts from people that aren't on/can't be on your ignore list?

No, it works with your ignore list right now.

Dany

Banned
I must say as a converter from firefox to chrome, these are magnificent extentions. Thank you good sir.
3AQmK.gif

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Updates for these extensions, specifically Quick Reply, will have to wait until next week unfortunately. I've been meaning to update them all to Manifest v2 anyways. :)

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Updates for these extensions, specifically Quick Reply, will have to wait until next week unfortunately. I've been meaning to update them all to Manifest v2 anyways. :)

Great to know! Thanks, Andrex!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

For what it's worth, the new design keeps some of the vB boilerplate but is massively massively better code-wise (move to table-less for most stuff) so you should be able to update easily. I was able to update my moderation-related tools to the new design very quickly.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
For what it's worth, the new design keeps some of the vB boilerplate but is massively massively better code-wise (move to table-less for most stuff) so you should be able to update easily. I was able to update my moderation-related tools to the new design very quickly.

Oh sweet, that should definitely help out.

Also, I was thinking I had to hold off until next week because I have my Chromebook for the weekend, but since the code is on GitHub and the Txt app is... workable, I might be able to get Quick Reply back up and running tomorrow. (Maybe.)

I would brace yourselves for a few of these extensions going away though. Specifically Image Upload, NeoGAF +1, and NeoGAF Smilies (I want to build it into Quick Reply, maybe...) Ironically, Smilies still works post-update since the posting area hasn't changed at all.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Update 2.0/2.1 for NeoGAF Quick Reply is now live in the Chrome Web Store. To update, go to chrome://extensions, hit the Developer Mode checkbox, and click "Update extensions now."

Not only does 2.0 make Quick Reply actually work in the new NeoGAF design, it fixes a longstanding bug with URL's not being parsed. However, 2.0 lacks the familiar smilies box on the right.

2.1 adds the smilies box back in and adds six new, fun smilies. (It also removes the seldom-used grinning smiley of GAF past.) The current roster of smilies are:

KuGsj.gif
e5YuU.gif
LLShC.gif
zWVbK.gif
EWmof.gif
p0QHO.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
TadkV.gif

Side note: the code behind this extension is pretty damn bad. Wish I wasn't on my Chromebook so I could do some much needed structural rewrites.

Mengetsu

Oh sweet, that should definitely help out.

Also, I was thinking I had to hold off until next week because I have my Chromebook for the weekend, but since the code is on GitHub and the Txt app is... workable, I might be able to get Quick Reply back up and running tomorrow. (Maybe.)

I would brace yourselves for a few of these extensions going away though. Specifically Image Upload, NeoGAF +1, and NeoGAF Smilies (I want to build it into Quick Reply, maybe...) Ironically, Smilies still works post-update since the posting area hasn't changed at all.

Please I hope you can keep this in :(

Update 2.0/2.1 for NeoGAF Quick Reply is now live in the Chrome Web Store. To update, go to chrome://extensions, hit the Developer Mode checkbox, and click "Update extensions now."

Not only does 2.0 make Quick Reply actually work in the new NeoGAF design, it fixes a longstanding bug with URL's not being parsed. However, 2.0 lacks the familiar smilies box on the right.

2.1 adds the smilies box back in and adds six new, fun smilies. (It also removes the seldom-used grinning smiley of GAF past.) The current roster of smilies are:

KuGsj.gif
e5YuU.gif
LLShC.gif
zWVbK.gif
EWmof.gif
p0QHO.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
TadkV.gif

Side note: the code behind this extension is pretty damn bad. Wish I wasn't on my Chromebook so I could do some much needed structural rewrites.

3AQmK.gif

Could you add it back please, I actually like using it?

Mengetsu

You use Image Upload?

OK, I'll keep it around and try to make some updates for it. :)

You do use it?

Hmm... I should have a way for you to define your own smilies...

You rock! And yes I do for all threads and mostly in the Cosplay thread. Thankyou :)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I just wish someone would recreat the "refresh" button thats on the mobile app for desktop. Autorefresh every 60 seconds can bee too long for things like E3.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I just wish someone would recreat the "refresh" button thats on the mobile app for desktop. Autorefresh every 60 seconds can bee too long for things like E3.

Live Thread is D4Danger's extension. I would imagine since he helped out on the homepage that he has a jumpstart on making his extension work again.

I as well hope he updates it soon. It's absolutely crucial for liveposting during Toonami. :(

I just re-installed it and it works now. Thank you based Andrex
EWmof.gif

AU7Amsc.gif

Mengetsu

KuGsj.gif
e5YuU.gif
LLShC.gif
zWVbK.gif
EWmof.gif
p0QHO.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
TadkV.gif

I get this when I try to use quick reply.

Thought I should post this here.

KuGsj.gif
e5YuU.gif
LLShC.gif
zWVbK.gif
EWmof.gif
p0QHO.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
TadkV.gif

Thank you! Now if only we could get a "Quick Quote" button next to every post so that when you press it, it automatically pastes the quoted message into the "Quick Reply" message box...then it would be perfect. ;-)

But fantastic job! Such a quick turnaround, too!

EDIT: Post preview and posting seem to be broken. I get that same "security token" message as well. :-(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I am working on the security token issue now. Was a stupid oversight on my part. Apologies.

Edit- Screw it, I'm cleaning up this awful code.

ScOULaris

Thank you! Now if only we could get a "Quick Quote" button next to every post so that when you press it, it automatically pastes the quoted message into the "Quick Reply" message box...then it would be perfect. ;-)

But fantastic job! Such a quick turnaround, too!

Yeah, that was a feature that I liked with the Quick Quote, Reply, Edit user script that I used to use. I'd like to switch over to Andrex's Chrome extension once the token issue is fixed, though. It just looks more native than the user script did.

EDIT: Post attributes (bold, underline, etc.), post preview, and posting seem to be broken. I get that same "security token" message as well. :-(

I am working on the security token issue now. Was a stupid oversight on my part. Apologies.

Edit- Screw it, I'm cleaning up this awful code.

Thanks for continuing to support this extension. Quick Reply is something that I use all the time here.

Exentryk

Is it possible to make the smiley extension such that the users can add and edit their own smilies? That would be perfect.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I get the same thing as well. Looking forward to both that & Live Thread coming back. Really miss threads being automatically updated with posts.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Test.

Edit- Oh hell yes. FIX IS BEING UPLOADED NOW!

Completely axed the reliance on jQuery and stopped embedding an HTML blob in the JS. Still doing a somewhat hacky thing but I blame vB for it. Phew.

Edit 2- New version took it from 41 KB to 11 KB. :D

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Version 2.2 is now live in the Web Store. As I said before, to update, go to chrome://extensions, hit the Developer Mode checkbox, and click "Update extensions now."

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I just discovered that 2.2 is bugged too. Working on another fix.
eRVnmns.gif

So, how do I edit and change the smileys now? Previously I just replaced the ones in the extension code.

You still need to do that, but it should be easier since it takes the HTML code from the html.html file instead of embedding it in JS.

Veelk

Banned
Does anyone have an extension that automatically loads the next page? I had autopagerize, but that no longer works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom